PDA

View Full Version : Kimbrel, Hellickson take top rookie awards

savafan
11-14-2011, 02:16 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111114&content_id=25967116&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Braves closer Craig Kimbrel and Rays starter Jeremy Hellickson received high honors for their outstanding first full seasons in the Major Leagues on Monday, as they were named the winners of this year's Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year Awards.

mattfeet
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Well deserved by both parties. Good show, Chaps.

-Matt

redsfandan
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
It's kinda funny that Trumbo finished 2nd in the AL when he didn't get any votes at all in the RedsZone ROY poll.

dougdirt
11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
It's kinda funny that Trumbo finished 2nd in the AL when he didn't get any votes at all in the RedsZone ROY poll.

Big HR and RBI totals. Sub .300 OBP. That suggests that writers will vote for him because some of them still don't get the value of OBP. That also suggests that the ORG, who leans pretty stat heavy, wouldn't vote for him.

redsfandan
11-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Big HR and RBI totals. Sub .300 OBP. That suggests that writers will vote for him because some of them still don't get the value of OBP. That also suggests that the ORG, who leans pretty stat heavy, wouldn't vote for him.

Doug, I was only pointing out one difference that stood out to me. But, I think I already knew why there was a difference. ;)