PDA

View Full Version : Free new Pearl Jam live show for download

klw
11-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Google has launched a new music service, called Google Music (I wonder how they came up with that as a name?). It has a Pearl Jam show from 9.11.11 for download for free. Downside is you have to set up an account.

Larry Schuler
11-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Letting them store a credit card number soured me in downloading this but I was very excited when I saw it.

klw
11-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Letting them store a credit card number soured me in downloading this but I was very excited when I saw it.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either but figured it wan't any worse than giving it to Amazon. It was kind of a pain having to go song by song on the download from the purchase to my backup because I didn't want to have to download the music manager either. But hey it was free. (Well minus the loss of personal information)

RedFanAlways1966
11-18-2011, 07:26 AM

Interesting since PJ was a band that refused to tour for years during the heighth of their popularity b/c of the Ticketmaster service charge (Ticketmaster monopoly?). Different times, hypocrisy...?!?

I was dating a girl back in the day that loved PJ (before cell phones and call waiting). They announced that they were going to tour in non-Ticketmaster arenas. You could only score tickets by calling a 1-800 number (will go on-sale for this show at 10:00 am Saturday). She "forced me" to call this 1-800 line for an hour trying to score tickets. She did the same from her phone. She actually got through and got 4 tickets in 5 minutes (freak thing b/c everyone was trying to call). There I sat in my apartment hitting re-dial for an hour straight and getting a busy signal each time. She was trying to call me to tell me she had them, but could not get me b/c I was being the loyal BF and calling for PJ tickets (for her). I did not even care much for PJ and the Seattle thing except Soundgarden (I liked heavy metal!). Then I had to drive to Toledo to see the show (ugh). But I was a good BF, lol.

Eric_the_Red
11-19-2011, 10:05 AM
I am a huge PJ fan, but didn't download once I saw I had to set up an account. Not worth the hassle, IMO.

Oh well, my 5.7 days of PJ music in my collection will have to do. ;)

TRF
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
no different than an Amazon.com account and now my music is available on my phone and my computer.

needs a bit of refinement, getting the music on my phone isn't a no brainer, but i see potential here.

jredmo2
11-22-2011, 12:50 AM
I've joined it. Being able to store all my music in the cloud is all I need to hear. Been burned on that front before.