PDA

View Full Version : It's time to welcome in the DH

brm7675
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
With the stros moving to the AL for the 2013 season and full time interleague play going into effect, baseball has no choice but to put the DH in place for all teams, because not to gives the NL an unfair advantage.

dMaus14
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Or they could ban the DH for good! That would even the odds as well!

stevekun
11-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I hate the DH. Keep it out of the NL

brad1176
11-18-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't like the idea of interleague play all year, it should be kept to one or two series around the time of the All Star break. I don't mind the DH in the AL, but keep it out of the NL. It makes the World Series that much more interesting.

Old NDN
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I have never been a fan of the DH, but a comment by one of the MLB Network guys caused me to at least, re-think my position. He stated that the National League is the ONLY division in pro, college, and even HS baseball that uses the DH. That never occurred to me before. Still pondering.

brm7675
11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I can't see a downside of having the DH, look at how it would help the Reds, it would solve the Alonzo issue. Also with the two leagues going to 15 teams we will be having interleague play daily, only way you can do it with 15 teams in each league.

R_Webb18
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
i love the dh. tbh tho if it was the same either way id be fine with it.

HalKing
11-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I loathe the DH and hope it never screws up the national league game. Of course with King Bud ramming whatever he wants down everyones throat I suppose it may well happen.

Uncle Charlie
11-18-2011, 05:47 PM
With the stros moving to the AL for the 2013 season and full time interleague play going into effect, baseball has no choice but to put the DH in place for all teams, because not to gives the NL an unfair advantage.

That makes zero sense. It going to be spread out but about the same number of interleague games. They haven't changed to the DH in the NL and never will. Just because the interleague is going to spread with a one game a nignt over the course of the 175 night season, doesn't mean a major rule change is necessary.

And did any interleague play really affect the W.S.? If the Packers play the Patriots or Steelers play the Saints in Week 7 etc, etc, does that ruin the Superbowl??

texasdave
11-18-2011, 07:46 PM
The NL has an unfair advantage and gets it butt kicked every season in interleague play. Maybe the NL should give that advantage away. It isn't working.

brm7675
11-18-2011, 08:42 PM
That makes zero sense. It going to be spread out but about the same number of interleague games. They haven't changed to the DH in the NL and never will. Just because the interleague is going to spread with a one game a nignt over the course of the 175 night season, doesn't mean a major rule change is necessary.

And did any interleague play really affect the W.S.? If the Packers play the Patriots or Steelers play the Saints in Week 7 etc, etc, does that ruin the Superbowl??

Why should an AL team play at a disadvantage everytime it plays a game in a NL park? How is that far?

Tadasimha
11-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't like the idea of interleague play all year, it should be kept to one or two series around the time of the All Star break. I don't mind the DH in the AL, but keep it out of the NL. It makes the World Series that much more interesting.

Personally I'd rather the interleague be scattered throughout the year. I find it annoying that the regular season is interrupted for a couple of weeks of NL/AL games. It will be less intrusive,

Krawhitham
11-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Or they could ban the DH for good! That would even the odds as well!

That will never happen so quit dreaming, the players will never agree to removing the DH and their approval is needed

I hate the DH with a passion, but it is time to welcome in the DH to the NL. The DH will never be removed in the AL, PERIOD. Now we have interleague games all damn season and most NL teams (a hand full are not) are at a disadvantage when playing an AL team in a AL city. But a hand full of teams are not and that puts the teams like the Reds at a greater disadvantage. The Reds do not have a high impact player they can plug in as a DH and that is what is needed when playing AL team in AL cities. Teams like the Rockies (Giambi), Phillies (Thome), Cards (Craig/Berkman), & more have that high impact hitter, they will win more games VS AL teams, and that means it is harder for teams like the Reds to make the post season.

And it really does not go the other way, when an AL team plays in a NL city they can take that big bat DH and stick him at 1st or LF for a few games

Old NDN
11-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I have never been a fan of the DH, but a comment by one of the MLB Network guys caused me to at least, re-think my position. He stated that the National League is the ONLY division in pro, college, and even HS baseball that uses the DH. That never occurred to me before. Still pondering.

I meant to say the NL was the only ones NOT using the DH.

Uncle Charlie
11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Personally I'd rather the interleague be scattered throughout the year. I find it annoying that the regular season is interrupted for a couple of weeks of NL/AL games. It will be less intrusive,

Exactly. Its going to even out the schedule.

cres36
11-19-2011, 07:01 PM
i find the DH to be annoying and am a fan of not having one. However, I feel that having interleague play all season is not necessarily a bad thing. It would even out the schedule more. I would like to see them either make the rules the same for both leagues though either use the DH or dont, but keep it the same. I would choose no dh but i feel the league would choose differently....

jwmann2
11-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Before the DH is banned or assigned to both, you will see an expansion of two new teams to give them 16 teams per league. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
The Astros leaving does help out the Reds chances of making the playoffs on a more regular basis. One less team to compete with.

Girevik
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Everyone says the NL has an advatage in interlague, but I don't see it. When in an AL park, the AL team gets to play their DH, who is typically a highly paid, very strong hitter. The NL has to put up someone who is essentially a utility guy.

That says, I hate the DH and would ove to see it done away with in both leagues.