PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Anime

Yachtzee
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
A few months back, when I got Netflix streaming, I started watching Anime shows and got hooked. I've been dialing up shows on Netflix and Time Warner On Demand and have found some great shows. So I figured I would post here to see what other Redzoners might be watching.

My favorites so far:

Gintama and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi on Time Warner (Anime Network).
Bleach, Hetalia, Excel Saga, and Samurai Champloo on Netflix.

I haven't been able to watch many shows on Adult Swim because of the hours its on, but I remember FLCL being pretty good.

Caveat Emperor
11-21-2011, 02:05 AM
I used to be big into the anime thing back when I was in high school in the 90s -- Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Trigun, Escaflowne, Martian Successor Nadesico, El Hazard, Gundam Wing, etc. were all shows I really enjoyed. Bebop was probably the closest thing to perfection in the genre that I ever saw, so I'd definitely check that one out if you haven't already seen it (the movie is kinda crap -- I'd skip it).

I stopped keeping up with it when the people I used to trade tapes with went to college and all moved on to other parts of the country. I imagine Netflix is a godsend for this sort of thing, because we used to be reduced to swapping badly dubbed VHS tapes in order to keep up with any series.

*BaseClogger*
11-21-2011, 02:07 AM
NERRRRRDDDDDD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8)

reds1869
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I haven't watched anything new for ages, but I highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion.