PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading this correctly?

texasdave
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Matt Capps, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Ramon Hernandez and Darren Oliver were all Type A free agents under the Elias Rankings system, but they will now be treated as Type B free agents, the MLBPA announced. Teams won't have to surrender draft picks to sign them, but the players' former teams obtain a supplementary first round pick whether or not they offer arbitration tomorrow.

:beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::b eerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::bee rme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerm e:
So the Reds will get a supplementary first round pick WITHOUT offering arbitration to either Hernandez or Cordero? WOOOHOOOO!!
:beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::b eerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::bee rme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerm e::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme: :beerme::beerme:

Eric the Red
11-22-2011, 09:46 PM
You are correct sir. Pretty good deal for the Redlegs. If the Reds have any interest in trading Ryan Hanigan (Angels are rumored to want him) then bringing back Ramon may be a real possibility, which would cost the Reds the supplemental pick.

Gallen5862
11-23-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Free Agent Arbitration Offer Tracker
By Tim Dierkes [November 23 at 12:46pm CST]

Please note that in the tracker I have marked Matt Capps, Francisco Cordero, Octavio Dotel, Ramon Hernandez, and Darren Oliver as having received arbitration offers even though they technically will not. As part of the new CBA, MLB and the players association agreed that these five players will change from Type A to B and the clubs will not have to offer arbitration to receive compensation. For the purposes of the tracker, I consider that an automatic arbitration offer, since compensation will still happen.