PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays: 11/25

chicoruiz
11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Reds:

Jim Duffalo (76) -When the Reds traded Bill Henry to the Giants for Jim, the Cincinnati Enquirer headline read "Henry Shuffles Off For Duffalo", which you have to admit is pretty clever.

Others:

Nick Swisher (31) -Looks skyward every at bat in tribute to his grandparents, who raised him. Married to actress Joanna Garcia, which IMHO is a pretty good deal for Nick.

Mark Whiten (45) September 7, 1993...That's all I have to say.

Bucky Dent (60) -Former Reds bench coach, more famous for some home run he hit sometime. Co-starred in the 1979 made-for-TV movie "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders" as Jane Seymour's boyfriend.

Joe Dimaggio -If Edskin's wife delivers today, Junior will have the same birthday as the Yankee Clipper. The day after DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak ended, he started another 17-game streak.

George Anderson
11-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Joe Dimaggio -If Edskin's wife delivers today, Junior will have the same birthday as the Yankee Clipper. The day after DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak ended, he started another 17-game streak.

Few people realize what an incredibly strange man he was. He kept like hundreds of thousands of dollars in garbage bags throughout his house.

Edskin
11-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Today was the day! Joltin' Joe and someday maybe Swattin' Sam!

Oh, and it is Joe Gibbs' bday as well, which of course makes me :)

chicoruiz
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Congrats, Edskin!!! Now, don't put too much pressure on the boy to hit in 56 consecutive major league games. Make sure he knows tht anything above 40 is perfectly acceptable...

By the way, more cool people Sam shares a birthday with:

John Kennedy Jr.
John Larroquette
Ben Stein
Ricardo Montalban

_Sir_Charles_
11-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Today was the day! Joltin' Joe and someday maybe Swattin' Sam!

Oh, and it is Joe Gibbs' bday as well, which of course makes me :)

Congrats Edskin! :beerme:

Edskin
11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys! Little man is doing great; my goal is to have him throwing long toss by March :)

Bob Borkowski
11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
So, happy one-year birthday to little 'Swattin' Sam'. :)

How's he doing by this time, Edskin? Happy and healthy, we hope.

Edskin
11-27-2012, 04:34 AM
So, happy one-year birthday to little 'Swattin' Sam'. :)

How's he doing by this time, Edskin? Happy and healthy, we hope.

He is a rampaging beast....and I mean that in the best way possible. Healthy, happy, and keeps us on our toes. He isn't all that big, but he is an absolute eating machine...he is a trash compactor...we are shocked at how he will eat anything at anytime and never seems to get full. He is a horrible sleeper, as he seems to view the whole process as interfering with his daily plans, but other than that, he is pretty much perfect. Thanks for thinking of him!