PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who thinks Pete Rose shouldn't be in the HOF...

will5979
11-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Is a complete and utter moron of a baseball fan, that is all.

brm7675
11-29-2011, 12:43 PM

He violated the number 1 rule in baseball, if you not going to enforce rules why have them? No one forced ole Pete to bet...he made his choices.

will5979
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
He violated the number 1 rule in baseball, if you not going to enforce rules why have them? No one forced ole Pete to bet...he made his choices.

We have all sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

No one is perfect, it is a Hall of Fame for a reason, 4,256 hits CANNOT be ignored no matter how hard people try.

Ban him from the Boy Scouts or Masons, not the HOF.

goreds2
11-29-2011, 12:50 PM

:) While I agree Pete should be in the Hall of Fame, what is up with these negative threads you are starting today? Come on, Tis the Season..... :beerme:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92919

will5979
11-29-2011, 12:54 PM
:) While I agree Pete should be in the Hall of Fame, what is up with these negative threads you are starting today? Come on, Tis the Season..... :beerme:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92919

79-83 record and a Cardinals World Championship has left me in a bitter baseball mood till S.T.! :laugh:

brm7675
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Again Pete knew the rules and chose to violate one of if not the most important rule in the game. Why should someone who brought the integrity of the game into question and then lied about it for almost 2 decades be given the honor of being in the HOF?

alett12
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Pete should be in the hall, babe ruth was a known alcholic durring proabition so if pete should be left out due to betting on baseball then ruth should be out for breaking federal law

texasdave
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
How can baseball keep Rose out of the Hall Of Fame? The HOF is independent of Major League Baseball, right? Regardless, Pete has been punished enough. IMO, the Hall of Fame is incomplete without the all-time hit leader in it.

will5979
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
How can baseball keep Rose out of the Hall Of Fame? The HOF is independent of Major League Baseball, right? Regardless, Pete has been punished enough. IMO, the Hall of Fame is incomplete without the all-time hit leader in it.

This is one of the smartest statements I have ever heard regarding this issue!

brm7675
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Pete should be in the hall, babe ruth was a known alcholic durring proabition so if pete should be left out due to betting on baseball then ruth should be out for breaking federal law

Federal law doesn't apply to baseball, plus who wasn't drinking during proabition..

will5979
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Federal law doesn't apply to baseball, plus who wasn't drinking during proabition..

Do you think Pete Rose is the only one that gambled on baseball? I'd be willing to bet that there are several HOFers that bet on the game on more than one occasion.

brm7675
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM

MLB doesn't keep Pete out, the HOF keeps Pete out. The HOF could tomorrow vote him in, however the HOF has taken the stance that any player banned from MLB can not be eligible for the HOF. They could change that rule tomorrow. MLB has nothing to do with this issue.

NCCardfan
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Charlie Hustle should be in, no doubt.

Betting on baseball is one thing, betting on a game you are playing or managing in is another one altogether. Pete crossed the second line and that will stop my opening statement from being a fact until a posthumous inclusion is allowed. Kinda sad but it is probably what will happen. I liked the 'Big Red Machine' growing up and didn't mind them doing well since they were in the West and The Card were in the East, always enjoyed Pete's work ethic.

bounty37h
11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I think he should be in, but wont be as upset until the roid'ers get in.

alett12
11-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Well i know Frank Robinson, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, and the majority of guys on the Veterans board have said they want rose reinstated because they would vote him in but they are part of MLB so they can't unless he is.

nux fan
11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
what does rob murphy think?