PDA

View Full Version : Sean Casey to the Reds HOF...Seriously?

will5979
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
What is the criteria for the Reds HOF? Just have 1-2 average seasons?

Seriously Sean Casey is a good man but as a baseball player he was a bust. He was fat, grounded into way too many DPs, never drove in 100 RBIs, never hit 30 HRs, never won a batting title or an MVP, and the man is as corny as a Kindergarten music teacher.

I was looking forward to attending the Reds HOF game next summer...hopefully Morgan, Bench, and Larkin will be on hand so we the fans can meet actual legends and HOFers!

alett12
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Seriously Sean Casey is a good man but as a baseball player he was a bust. He was fat, grounded into way too many DPs, never drove in 100 RBIs, never hit 30 HRs, never won a batting title or an MVP, and the man is as corny as a Kindergarten music teacher.

I was looking forward to attending the Reds HOF game next summer...hopefully Morgan, Bench, and Larkin will be on hand so we the fans can meet actual legends and HOFers!

Wow really? the man was and still is a fan favorite in Cinci and was a good at 1st i think it is great and you can't say he didn't deserve it any less than dan dreissen did because casey did deffinately have better stats

will5979
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow really? the man was and still is a fan favorite in Cinci and was a good at 1st i think it is great and you can't say he didn't deserve it any less than dan dreissen did because casey did deffinately have better stats

How many rings does Casey have? Driessan at least has 2.

alett12
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
How many rings does Casey have? Driessan at least has 2.

Driessan played on stacked teams with the great 8 and Casey has one from winning it in boston.

will5979
11-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Driessan played on stacked teams with the great 8 and Casey has one from winning it in boston.

Nope he don't. He played with Boston in 2008, Philly were the champs that year.

brm7675
11-29-2011, 11:38 AM

What does it matter, I mean really the Reds HOF is there to recognize former Reds players who made an impact on the franchise and you can not deny that Casey had a huge impact on the franchise during his time.

will5979
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
What does it matter, I mean really the Reds HOF is there to recognize former Reds players who made an impact on the franchise and you can not deny that Casey had a huge impact on the franchise during his time.

Then why in the hell are the NAsty Boys not in? They had 10x the impact on the organization than Happy Fatpants did.

brm7675
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Then why in the hell are the NAsty Boys not in? They had 10x the impact on the organization than Happy Fatpants did.

Because they have not been chosen yet. Also they had one impactful season over how many did Casey have? I am guessing at some point they may get it, just give it time.

goreds2
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/clinton_laughing.jpg

bounty37h
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
While I dont have any negative feelings towards him and liked him as a person/player, I do think including him really waters down any meaning of a HOF that they were trying for IMO. Makes it more of a "Hall of they played here" to me.

alett12
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
The fans vote on who they want on the ballot do they not? Chris sabo is in he didn't have any more impact than casey did

bounty37h
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I agree, I have questioned how a few players are in there since it opened. I know they feel they need to add players every year for fan interest, and want to spread it out over generations of players, but that waters it down, IMO. And thats all it is, my opinion, I just think a HOF means the best of the best, and have a hard time using some of these guys in that sentence.

alett12
11-30-2011, 08:54 AM
I would have a problem if a guy like Adam Dunn or Austin Kearns were to go in but Casey was a fan favorite so i really see nothing wrong with it.

bounty37h
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
I can agree with that too, but still think overall it waters the HOF part down-maybe have a fans section for these type players thats inthe HOF, but not hte same as the HOF.

alett12
11-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Personaly i think they need to have Hall Members select the canidates that are on the ballot then let the fans vote on the canidates from that point

bounty37h
11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
^ I like that idea too!

alett12
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM
now someone just propose it to i guess the castellini's

texasdave
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Personaly i think they need to have Hall Members select the canidates that are on the ballot then let the fans vote on the canidates from that point

No thank you.

alett12
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
No thank you.

Why not? It would be the best way to get the best canidates and who the fans want in would it not?

Uncle Charlie
12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
The fans vote on who they want on the ballot do they not? Chris sabo is in he didn't have any more impact than casey did

You obviously never saw Sabo play.

will5979
12-06-2011, 06:57 PM
You obviously never saw Sabo play.

Yeah really.

The 1988 All-Star game
The 1990 World Series
His cult following of fans
Not to mention all the kids wearing number 17 in little league, some of them even had the nickname Sabo.