PDA

View Full Version : Speaker help!

Larry Schuler
12-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a pair of B&W DM604 S3 floor standing speakers. Paid $750 each for them in 2005/2006. Haven't used them for about 3 years since my receiver and turn table died. Anyway, I'm looking to sell them but I have zero knowledge in speakers or their resale value.

I plugged them in about a month ago and they sounded great to me but I don't have an audiophile's ear. Is there a standard test I can run with a buyer? My main questions are what is a fair price on my end & what can I keep in mind to protect myself while selling used audio equipment worth several hundred dollars? I worry about having to hear from the buyer anytime something needs upkeep since I don't even know the lifespan or upkeep for speakers.

PM me if that is easier. Much, much appreciated!

Larry Schuler
12-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the PMs and the help, guys!

I just put them on eBay yesterday and got an offer today for $800! Pretty good!

nmculbreth
12-10-2011, 03:45 PM
This is coming a little late but you may want to check out Audiogon.

It's usually cheaper than going the eBay route and in my experience you're dealing with much more experienced / knowledgeable buyers which means less of a headache on your end.

Larry Schuler
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Sold these for $900 on eBay. Hoping the transaction works out & the Schuler family Christmas can be saved! Always nervous about buyers and post-purchase regret on expensive items though! Wish me luck.