PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to prepare ourselfs...

brm7675
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
For nothing to happen, to hear Walt claim that the "costs" to make a move was just more then he was willing to part with. That he and Dusty feel that with the addition of some guys from injuries and the progression of our young players that the Reds will be posied to rebound in 2012...I hate to say it but I think we all need to get ready to hear that come mid Jan and be ready to watch us finish 3rd or worse again.

R_Webb18
12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
reds will win the division this year. were set already.

mroby85
12-12-2011, 04:50 PM

This mentality is why they're never great. Is winning the division the ultimate goal? Or should they be trying to get better, and good enough to compete with World Series contenders like the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, etc. Winning the division is great, but winning the division doesn't necessarily make you competitive in the playoffs.

izzy's dad
12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Agreed, the goal should not be to win the division. This franchise should strive to win World Series when realistic. This team is in perfect position to win. With most of the core players on the team in or nearing the prime of their careers the front office needs to strike while the iron is hot. To say that this team is ready to win now is crazy. The Reds have too many holes and too many question marks.

Jefferson24
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM

At this point we are basically putting the same team out there next year that we did this year. What makes you think this year's under .500 team is going to be able to win the division next year?

Little to no changes on the roster will equal little to no changes in the win column also.

webbbj
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
At this point we are basically putting the same team out there next year that we did this year. What makes you think this year's under .500 team is going to be able to win the division next year?

Little to no changes on the roster will equal little to no changes in the win column also.

the teams around us are getting worse.

RedsFan_26
12-12-2011, 11:12 PM
the definition of insanity is making no changes and expecting different/better results

I think that fits this discussion :D

Jefferson24
12-13-2011, 01:40 AM
the definition of insanity is making no changes and expecting different/better results

I think that fits this discussion :D

Absolutely! "The teams around us are getting worse"? What the heck kind of statement is that? Do you think winning the division at 81 wins will result in a world series?

Fullboat
12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Coal in our stockings?

code
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
the teams around us are getting worse.

Ha-Ha, am I the only one that found this funny?
I think defensively we are set pretty "well" to do good in our division. Would I go as far as saying winning the World Series? Of Course Not.

I am going to be pretty bummed out if the op is correct on his statement.