PDA

View Full Version : Will we add a legitimate hitter?

mroby85
12-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Obviously the all in, win now 2 year Votto window approach is the one they're going with. My question is do you think they will add a legitimate LF power bat to protect Votto to go along with Latos/Cueto at the top of the rotation?

Outlaw133
12-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Obviously the all in, win now 2 year Votto window approach is the one they're going with. My question is do you think they will add a legitimate LF power bat to protect Votto to go along with Latos/Cueto at the top of the rotation?

Define "legitimate"?

EMAW
12-17-2011, 09:46 PM
The Heiseyaholics may get to see him get his 550 Plate Apps this year
I would not be disappointed with Hesiey, Stubbs, Bruce in the OF
Might get 100 Homers from that group

sdwagers
12-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I vote Heisey here.... I d play him in CF and see what I could get for Stubbs (as I duck all the things thrown at me for suggesting to trade a 1st round draft pick)

RedsBrick
12-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I vote Heisey here.... I d play him in CF and see what I could get for Stubbs (as I duck all the things thrown at me for suggesting to trade a 1st round draft pick)

I'm not ready for the Reds to deal Stubbs. He has too many intangibles that are hard to come by. I know he Ks too much...but that's really the only thing I don't like.

When the guy gets on...he gets around. His speed is very nice and is disruptive.

sdwagers
12-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not ready for the Reds to deal Stubbs. He has too many intangibles that are hard to come by. I know he Ks too much...but that's really the only thing I don't like.

When the guy gets on...he gets around. His speed is very nice and is disruptive.

I agree here. If Stubbs cuts the Ks there's nothing much not to like... but I got to see the improvement first.

mroby85
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I would define legitimate as "ehh, i'm not sure whether I want to pitch around Votto or not, because it could really hurt if this guy makes us pay."

Nathan
12-18-2011, 12:42 AM

They just traded a first round pick today. 3 of them as a matter of fact.:lol:

AintlifeGrande
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
We need a proven,solid bat in LF.I think Walt is trying everything to get us one.Heisey,great platoon player.Sappelt is the same.Lets hope to go into the season with "he can",rather than "if he can".We deserve that at least.Stopper wise,Co Co is still available,and we need to sign him back,hopefully at a reasonable price.

sdwagers
12-18-2011, 09:24 AM
They just traded a first round pick today. 3 of them as a matter of fact.:lol:

my point exactly. :laugh:

Old NDN
12-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I've always liked Nady. I know he's been a person of interest to the Reds in the past. I'm not sure if he has anything left or what his cost , but his bat would look good in the middle of the order, IF healthy.

LegallyMinded
12-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I've always liked Nady. I know he's been a person of interest to the Reds in the past. I'm not sure if he has anything left or what his cost , but his bat would look good in the middle of the order, IF healthy.

Nady could be an interesting option, considering he does hit LHP pretty well (.349 career wOBA against left-handers). It looks like last year he signed for 1.75 million on a one year deal with the Diamondbacks, and I imagine he could be had for a similar price, or perhaps even a minor league deal, given the struggles he had in 2011. All in all, he could be a low-cost pickup with some decent upside.