PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade?

NorrisHopper30
12-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Would you trade Aroldis Chapman for Alex Gordon straight up?

nmculbreth
12-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Nope.

I'm not opposed to dealing Chapman if I were blown away but I'm not sure I'd deal him for any corner OF, let alone one with a short track record of success and only under team control through 2013. Short of Mike Stanton or Jason Heyward, I'm not interested.

I'm kind of curious to see what the Reds plan on doing with Chapman. If they honestly believe that his future is as a SP, they'd be crazy to deal him because he's locked up long term at a very reasonable rate. That said if they think his future is as a reliever I'd be willing to entertain offers because his relative value diminishes pretty quickly when he's viewed only as a closer.

americanoutlaw1
12-19-2011, 03:13 AM
No, and I am a huge Gordon fan. I have been advocating trying to get him for several years now, but Chapman seems like too steep of a price. That said, I am not opposed to trading Chapman, (even though his ceiling is scary high) and I still am a fan of getting Gordon. I love his swing, he is a great athlete, has the pedigree and he really is a great defender in left. I do believe that if KC tries to move him though that they will be asking for starting pitching in return, and I am not sure if the Reds could meet their demands.

BEETTLEBUG
12-19-2011, 04:16 AM
I would do Chapman for Alex Gordon & another player on 25 man roster!