PDA

View Full Version : What is the best you would have offered?

brm7675
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
People seem to think we got "hosed" in both deals so far...so okay..

What would have been your top offer for Latos and why?

What would have been your top offer for Marshall and why?

Would you have even considered trading for either one or both and if not why?

What other options do you think Walt should have gone for?

RedsFan_26
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I would have traded volquez and yonder and 1 one of grandal and boxberger for Latos

And for Sean Marshall i think i would have just included 1 minor leaguer, but the trade for Marshall was a very good one.

Im very satisfied with what we have acquired, and i think Latos and Marshall will help us in 2012 way more than Alonso, Volquez, Grandal, Boxberger and Wood + 2 prospects would have helped us.

Love Walts mentality right now.

brm7675
12-21-2011, 07:05 PM
If SD counters and says both or no deal would you have backed out?

mroby85
12-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I would've traded Volquez for Latos, and the 2 prospects for Marshall.

Then we could've still had Alonso, Grandal, Wood, and Boxberger to trade, or to keep!
#sarcasm

CrosleyField
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
The other side has to agree to trades too. Everything can't be completely in the Reds favor. I do wish we could have kept Boxberger though. It looks as though we have a win it all in 2012 mentality though. Its what many of you on this board have argued that we only have a limited window of success with this team. Maybe Walt is listening.

bigredmechanism
12-21-2011, 09:07 PM
If SD counters and says both or no deal would you have backed out?

I think you have to go for it.

Latos is the best SP we have had in quite some time.

Outlaw133
12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Eh. Even though I hoped to keep Yonder, I'm good with the deals.

The DARK
12-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Yonder, Grandal, Volquez, Frazier for San Diego. Boxberger gave us a relief solution beyond this year and would set us up nicely at the closer position beyond 2012, while Frazier plays at positions of excess.

Marshall and a top 15-20 level prospect for Wood. Helps replenish our prospect list, and keeps our upper minor league affiliates from losing too much pitching.

Who Dey Time
12-21-2011, 09:40 PM
I am fine with both deals. To me a prospect is a polite way of saying "you haven't done crap at the big league level" so, in getting two proven major league pitchers, you are sending a message that you are here to win now. IMO, that is a very refreshing change from this front office!

mroby85
12-21-2011, 10:10 PM
I am fine with both deals. To me a prospect is a polite way of saying "you haven't done crap at the big league level" so, in getting two proven major league pitchers, you are sending a message that you are here to win now. IMO, that is a very refreshing change from this front office!

X2! I feel worse about trading Yonder than any of the others because I think it's obvious he's a major league hitter that will give you great AB's. That being said, he's blocked by Votto and they're a better team with Latos. I agree 100% about the refreshing win now mentality.