PDA

View Full Version : EJax

cbowen2112
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I say that the Reds should test the waters with Edwin Jackson. He has great value and has been traded more times than a player of his magnitude should. If we lock up BPhil, I think he could look after Edwin and show him why Cincy is the place to be. Edwin would be a solid addition as a number 3 starter. That would also allow Chapman to start off in AAA and perhaps have Bailey in the pen. I would gladly spend the money they may throw at a closer to Jackson. Here is how my staff would look.

Cueto
Latos
Jackson
Leake
Arroyo/Chapman starts in AAA

Bailey
LeCure
Bray
Massett
Marshall
Arredondo
Ondrusek

I feel like Bailey could close as many do on here. If not slide Marshall in that spot for now. If the Chapman starting experiment fails, move him back to the pen and groom him to close. Do not over spend for a closer!

What say ye? Could we get Jackson for a reasonable rate? Say 3yrs/24mil?

jhu1321
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Bailey takes 25 minutes to warm up. That's a problem for a closer.

I'm not big on Edwin Jackson. If Bailey can stay healthy I could see him matching Jackson in wins and having a better ERA. I think this is the year Bailey puts it together.

dMaus14
12-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Bailey takes 25 minutes to warm up. That's a problem for a closer.

I'm not big on Edwin Jackson. If Bailey can stay healthy I could see him matching Jackson in wins and having a better ERA. I think this is the year Bailey puts it together.

If he does put it together this year I say we trade him immediately.

jhu1321
12-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Agreed.

LegallyMinded
12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I say that the Reds should test the waters with Edwin Jackson. He has great value and has been traded more times than a player of his magnitude should. If we lock up BPhil, I think he could look after Edwin and show him why Cincy is the place to be. Edwin would be a solid addition as a number 3 starter. That would also allow Chapman to start off in AAA and perhaps have Bailey in the pen. I would gladly spend the money they may throw at a closer to Jackson.

What say ye? Could we get Jackson for a reasonable rate? Say 3yrs/24mil?

3 years, 24 million might be worth doing, but unfortunately Edwin Jackson is a Scott Boras client: He's said to be looking (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/pitching-links-edwin-marlins-saunders-felix.html) for something akin to the Danks extension of 5 years and 65 million dollars, which seems 1) excessive, given his production and 2) outside of the Reds' price range regardless.