PDA

View Full Version : Brett Gardner of the Yankees

zacharync
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I have been a fan of Gardner for some time now. I feel he could be a legit leadoff hitter at the Major League level. He is currently hanging on as the starting left-fielder for the pinstripes while batting 9th.

Would there be no interest from the Reds in a player of this prototype?

nmculbreth
01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
The far more important questions is why would the Yankees have any interest in trading Gardner?

The facts that he hits 9th for the Yankees doesn't diminish the fact that he was a 5.2 win player in 2009, a 4.4 win player in 2010 and is under team control for the next three seasons.

Short of offering Cueto or Latos, I don't see what the Reds would possibly have to offer that could bring back Brett Gardner.

zacharync
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
The far more important questions is why would the Yankees have any interest in trading Gardner?

The facts that he hits 9th for the Yankees doesn't diminish the fact that he was a 5.2 win player in 2009, a 4.4 win player in 2010 and is under team control for the next three seasons.

Short of offering Cueto or Latos, I don't see what the Reds would possibly have to offer that could bring back Brett Gardner.

You're right. That is the more important question. Perhaps I should have posted this 3 months ago before all of our chips had been traded. Furthermore, after some research, it seems as though the Nationals and A's were hot for Gardner only to be shut down by Cashman.

I guess it was wishful thinking. I love players like Gardner who are generally speaking, undervalued.

Redsnake
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
The Yankees are not undervaluing him and thats all that matters as long as he is there.

alett12
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Teams have tried to trade for gardner in the past and failed because of their asking price. I would love to see the Reds bring him in to hit lead off and play center while telling Stubbs to earn a job and letting hesiey have the job in left.