PDA

View Full Version : $$ Left Until We Reach Max Payroll

dMaus14
01-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Now obviously we have supposedly almost used all of our financial resources but how much actual money do we have left?

Arbitration expectations: $10.5M
Masset - $2.4M
Bailey - $1.8M
Bray - $1.4M
Arredondo - $1M
Janish - $.8M
Marshall - $3.1M

If we don't count deferrals:

Cordero - $1M
Arroyo - $12M
Phillips - $12M
Votto - $11M
Madson - $10M
Rolen - $8M
Cueto - $5.4M
Bruce - $5M
Chapman - $4.7M
Cairo - $1M
Hanigan - $1.3M
Stubbs - $.5M
Latos - $.5M
Leake - $.5M
Ondrusek - $.5M
LeCure - $.5M
Mesoraco - $.5M
Cozart - $.5M
Francisco - $.5M
Heisey - $.5M
Brackman - $.5M
Arbitration Salaries- $10.5M

Total(26 players) = $86.9M

If we count deferrals and signing bonuses don't count against payroll:

Cordero - $1M
Arroyo - $7M
Phillips - $12M
Votto - $9.5M
Madson - $10M
Rolen - $6.5M
Cueto - $5.4M
Bruce - $5M
Chapman - $4.7M
Hanigan - $1.3M
Cairo - $1M
Stubbs - $.5M
Latos - $.5M
Leake - $.5M
Heisey - $.5M
Cozart - $.5M
Francisco - $.5M
Mesoraco - $.5M
LeCure - $.5M
Brackman - $.5M
Ondrusek - $.5M
Arbitration Salaries - $10.5M

Total(26 players) = $78.9M

Some tell me if I am wrong but I took the contract numbers from Cot's and arbitration expectations from MLBTR.

So if you look at the deferrals/signing bonus that leaves us with $6.1M to spend. Where and who do we spend on now? Theriot? Ludwick? Fukodome? Cespedes? Scott? Ross? Ankiel?

R_Webb18
01-11-2012, 04:04 AM
i think its a risk on cespedes but id also say he has the most upside. ive never seen him play but ive seen the others.

jhu1321
01-11-2012, 08:34 AM
I think we have to go after someone who we know can help in the outfield this season. Fukudome or Ludwig IMO.

AWA85
01-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Count me in the Fukudome club. I feel he has hit well over the years in GABP, but maybe it is just hitting against Arroyo that sticks in my mind. High OBP and a guy I would like to see on the Reds for a one year deal.

alett12
01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm hoping for a combination of fukudome and someone like keppinger to back up in the infield.

mroby85
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm hoping for a combination of fukudome and someone like keppinger to back up in the infield.

I'd like to see Ryan Theriot and Johnny Damon.

alett12
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I'd like to see Ryan Theriot and Johnny Damon.

I question if damon can play the feild anymore. I'd much rather have fukadome who has played there the last couple years rather than being a dh as damon has been. I thin kepp or theriot would both be good back ups but i think kepp would be better since he has been a red before

BuckWild03
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I would love to see Walt roll the dice on Cespedes if they can get him for a deal similar to Chapman's. I'm thinking 4 years, 30 mil. I think that could do it. Just don't know if they have that kind of cash after signing Madson. I would say backload the contract but that would all but seal Votto's future as an ex-Red I think.

alett12
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I would love to see Walt roll the dice on Cespedes if they can get him for a deal similar to Chapman's. I'm thinking 4 years, 30 mil. I think that could do it. Just don't know if they have that kind of cash after signing Madson. I would say backload the contract but that would all but seal Votto's future as an ex-Red I think.

I think a votto deal will be up to season ticket holders more than anthing to get done. they are the ones who you need to be filling the place up, then scalp the tickets for all i care the reds just need people buying season tickets

Hondo
01-12-2012, 09:43 PM
i think its a risk on cespedes but id also say he has the most upside. ive never seen him play but ive seen the others.

YES! I hope this team and Walt pulls the TRIGGER on Cepedes...

He could solve the LF and Power Hitter Issue and or LEAD OFF Even. A LEGIT Batting Title Contender...

This would make the Off-Season Complete.

jhu1321
01-12-2012, 09:51 PM
What if Cespedes isn't ready for the show this year? Nobody knows how raw he is at this point and I don't think the Reds will gamble on him with their obvious need this year in LF.

bah1286
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
What if Cespedes isn't ready for the show this year? Nobody knows how raw he is at this point and I don't think the Reds will gamble on him with their obvious need this year in LF.

The games he is playing in now are against a little better competition. Could make him a lot of money, could cost him a lot depending on how he looks. Probably not good for the Reds either way. He he plays well, he probably prices himself out of the reds league. If he doesnt play well, why would the reds want him?

Either way, the Reds only owe Madson 6 Million this year. That 4 million dollar difference from what was previously reported means a lot this year.

dMaus14
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Arbitration expectations: $10.5M
Masset - $2.4M
Bailey - $1.8M
Bray - $1.4M
Arredondo - $1M
Janish - $.8M
Marshall - $3.1M

If we count deferrals and signing bonuses don't count against payroll:

Cordero - $1M
Arroyo - $7M
Phillips - $12M
Votto - $9.5M
Madson - $6M
Rolen - $6.5M
Cueto - $5.4M
Bruce - $5M
Chapman - $4.7M
Hanigan - $1.3M
Cairo - $1M
Stubbs - $.5M
Latos - $.5M
Leake - $.5M
Heisey - $.5M
Cozart - $.5M
Francisco - $.5M
Mesoraco - $.5M
LeCure - $.5M
Brackman - $.5M
Ondrusek - $.5M
Arbitration Salaries - $10.5M

Total(26 players) = $74.9M

Keppinger would be my pick as a back up infielder. He had a better BA and better OPS than Theriot last year, will be cheaper, is a former Red, and can play all infield positions. His projected arbitration salary is $2.7M so he could be had for anywhere between $1.75M-$2.5M. I would like to give him a 2 year deal worth $4.5M because we are going to need another back up next season.

I would like to sign Ludwick to a 1/$3-4M

Some how find money to sign Cespedes.

alett12
01-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Keppinger would be my pick as a back up infielder. He had a better BA and better OPS than Theriot last year, will be cheaper, is a former Red, and can play all infield positions. His projected arbitration salary is $2.7M so he could be had for anywhere between $1.75M-$2.5M. I would like to give him a 2 year deal worth $4.5M because we are going to need another back up next season.

I would like to sign Ludwick to a 1/$3-4M

Some how find money to sign Cespedes.

I agree completely with you on Kepp but Ludwick just doesnt impress me at all, maybe it's because he's played for St. Louis and Pittsburg but i just don't like the idea

brad1176
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, not a fan of signing Ludwick. His numbers since 2008 have tumbled every year and we really don't need another strikeout artist on this team.

RedsfaninMT
01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I know we've traded away a lot of chips, but I would love to Walt to go after Seth Smith. Rockies have too many OF, so they aren't trading from a strength, IMO.