PDA

View Full Version : Which Super Bowl do you want to see?

Eric_the_Red
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

George Anderson
01-15-2012, 09:07 PM
I hate the Patriots more than I hate the Cardinals and Cubs combined.

Thats a whole lotta hate lemme tell ya.

Tadasimha
01-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Given the fiery hate I have for the 49ers (that hasn't dimmed now for over two decades), I want to see a re-match between the Patriots and the Giants.

That said, I do expect the Niners to be playing the Patriots.

KronoRed
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
49ers Patriots, or Giants Patriots

I loath the Ravens.

Eric_the_Red
01-16-2012, 06:58 AM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the Patriots love given most here root for the Bengals, and don't like the division-rival Ravens, but...c'mon...it's the Patriots! Proven cheaters, arrogant, and we've seem them in plenty of Super Bowls. Yech!

bucksfan2
01-16-2012, 08:38 AM
49ers Patriots, or Giants Patriots

I loath the Ravens.

I loath Joe Flacco and Eli Manning.

Therefore I am going Pats 49ers.

Stray
01-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I went with Patriots vs. Giants. I'd love to see that rematch...and I enjoy watching the Giants play. Eli makes the plays when you need them.

reds1869
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Patriots/Giants. I despise the Ravens more than any other pro sports team. On the NFC side I have to go with the Giants so that Ahmad Bradshaw, one of my favorite Marshall players, can go to the Super Bowl.

redsfanmia
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Ravens v Giants for two reasons,the Giants will bring in more fans and they will spend more money in my fair city and I think it would be funny for the bitter people from Baltimore to have to come to Indianapolis to attend functions and to have to spend money in the city they detest for "stealing" their team when infact they did the same thing to Cleveland.

Eric_the_Red
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Ravens v Giants for two reasons,the Giants will bring in more fans and they will spend more money in my fair city and I think it would be funny for the bitter people from Baltimore to have to come to Indianapolis to attend functions and to have to spend money in the city they detest for "stealing" their team when infact they did the same thing to Cleveland.

Never thought of the Baltimore fans travelling to Indy angle. Another reason for me to root for the Ravens! And, if the Niners win, it would bring former Colts QB Jim Harbaugh (who was traded to Baltimore when Manning arrived) back to Indy.

George Anderson
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

:beerme:

George Anderson
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Another thought is I really have no desire to see the evil Pats fans here for the game. I will gladly take their money but I despise that franchise more than life itself.

dougdirt
01-16-2012, 12:46 PM
49ers and Ravens. I like defense.

UKFlounder
01-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Patriots - Giants. I'm not sure why - I don't really like either of those more than the other teams and don't hate the others (my 49ers hate from the Super Bowls against the Benglas has faded, and though I don't really like the Ravens, I like that they swept the Steelers this year :) ), but I kind of think Patriots-Giants might be the most entertaining.

Roy Tucker
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Patriots (by default) and Giants.

I can't ever root or say anything positive about the Ravens. Every time I see them, I think about an alternate universe where they are still the Browns and Cleveland football is relevant and a fan base is rewarded intead of doomed to eternal failure.

And I think the 49'ers used up their miracles yesterday.

Razor Shines
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I loath Joe Flacco and Eli Manning.

Therefore I am going Pats 49ers.

What? You don't like a Manning? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearofpopvol1
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I loathe both the Patriots and the Ravens, but I loathe the Patriots more. I really don't mind the Giants or the 49ers, so I'm fine with either. Since the Giants won a ring more recently, I think it'd be cool to see the 49ers. The good news is, I believe whoever wins the 49ers/Giants game probably will win the Super Bowl. At least I hope.

bucksfan2
01-16-2012, 03:10 PM
What? You don't like a Manning? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like Eli even more than I dislike Peyton. I think Peyton is a good QB just never really liked him. Until this year Eli was middle tier QB who got a lot of recognition because of his last name.

fearofpopvol1
01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't like Eli even more than I dislike Peyton. I think Peyton is a good QB just never really liked him. Until this year Eli was middle tier QB who got a lot of recognition because of his last name.

How do you figure he got a lot of his recognition because of his last name? I think it had much more to do with him generally showing up to play on big game days.

dougdirt
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM

I have generally felt that because of his last name, Eli was underrated because he was always compared to arguably the best quarterback of all time (Peyton).

bucksfan2
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
I have generally felt that because of his last name, Eli was underrated because he was always compared to arguably the best quarterback of all time (Peyton).

Until this past season Eli has pretty much been a middle of the pack QB. TD to INT ratio wasn't very good. His completion rating was around 50%. He was given a lot of hype because of his last name and the fact that he played in NYC. He has turned it around this season and played at a high level of football. I give him props for that.

Stray
01-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I heard someone on the radio this morning talking about if Eli could have a more impressive career than his brother. I immediately thought it was impossible, but they made some good points.

Eli has played in the tougher city, media and conditions.
Throwing in the swirling winds in Meadowlands is way tougher than throwing in a dome.
Eli has played in the tougher division...and it's not even really close.
Eli could win his 2nd Superbowl this season.
Eli is known more for being a big game QB compared to Peyton who really is not.

I still think Peyton is far and away the best, and it'll be that way even when Eli retires, but it was an interesting question I had never even thought of.