PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Info

Tony Cloninger
01-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know how to actually contact a live person for Hotmail.com?

All of a sudden they are telling me to enter a new password after several years of having the same one and not having it lost or compromised. You cannot even e-mail them through the site. They have never asked me to change it before....now all of a sudden they are. Makes no sense. Thanks.

RBA
01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Beavis and Butthead: Ha, ha, he said hot(male).

Anyways, make sure you are not on a phishing site (spoof) site is the only suggestion I can give you right now.

Tony Cloninger
01-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Beavis and Butthead: Ha, ha, he said hot(male).

Anyways, make sure you are not on a phishing site (spoof) site is the only suggestion I can give you right now.

No....it is hotmail.com..... as it always has been. Very frustrating.

RBA
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Phone: 800-386-5550
How to reach a live person:
I was able to just continually press "#" (took about 5-6 times) until the recording said something like, "Sorry, you will need to speak to a person..." and then they transferred me.

http://contacthelp.com/directory/Internet/Internet+Service+Providers/MSN?ListingID=126

Tony Cloninger
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
http://contacthelp.com/directory/Internet/Internet+Service+Providers/MSN?ListingID=126

Great! Thanks ... I will try it that way.

ABEsolutely
01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
same thing for me. all i did was change it when asked, and then after logging in, going to my account and changing it right back

LoganBuck
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
They forced me to change mine yesterday too. I have had Hotmail since May 1997, and they forced me to change one other time as well. Not really a problem since it was probably time to update that password anyway.

Tony Cloninger
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
They forced me to change mine yesterday too. I have had Hotmail since May 1997, and they forced me to change one other time as well. Not really a problem since it was probably time to update that password anyway.

Thanks for all the info. It just sounded fishy to me at first.

Redhook
01-22-2012, 08:42 AM
My hotmail account was hacked into two weeks ago. Someone sent out a bunch of emails to all my contacts. I had to change my password too. It was the first time I had to change since it was created in the 90's. The problem seems to be fixed.