PDA

View Full Version : Report- Fielder, Nationals agree to eight-year deal....(possibly in the future)

cinreds21
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Don't hold your breath on this. Only one person has "confirmed" this.

MLBInsideNews Scott Swaim
#Breaking: #Nationals to sign Prince Fielder to 8 year deal.

Scrap Irony
01-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Nats look for real, if this is true. I question the pen, the defense, and the rotation has a couple holes, but they're, IMO, right there in the NL East hunt with the Marlins, the Phillies, and the Braves.

The fourth-best team in that division might beat the best team in the other National League divisions.

RedlegJake
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Wow! If this is confirmed the Nationals are really going for the gold. Hard to find a better first-third combo in the game, either. Add their young pitching and they look legit.

cinreds21
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Ehhh this is probably false. Sorry guys.

crazybob60
01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Even before this signing, I had made the bold statement as my 'surprise' division winner for 2012 being the Nats. This would only shore up that statement that I made.

This wold also shore up their OF as well, since they can move Morse back there full time and then have Werth and from what I heard earlier, I believe that Davey said he may give Bryce Harper a shot in ST. They are really shoring up their starting 8.

crazybob60
01-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Ehhh this is probably false. Sorry guys.

Oh well, I still stand by my statement.

corkedbat
01-23-2012, 01:10 AM
Oh well, I still stand by my statement.

Huge gamble if true. No guarantees that Prince will be able to get off the couch (much less the bench) five years from now. Never thought he'd get 8 years from anyone.

Vottomatic
01-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I really felt Fielder would do the same as Pujols and go to the AL, so he could eventually become a DH later in his career.

If this is true, the Nats, Marlins and Phillies will really be duking it out in that division.

RedlegJake
01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/2012-articles/january/breaking-prince-fielder-is-not-a-member-of-the-washington-nationals.html

It hasn't happened yet - they may be working on a deal according to Jim Bowden, but nothing is done. The original source is a guy on twitter who claims to have broken other signing news but no evidence can be found that he actually has, or that is what I took from the article. In other words, another twit tweeting.

_Sir_Charles_
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
So, is it time to take cinreds21 out back and have him tarred and feathered yet? :O) j/k