01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
anyone heard anything ?

HatchMo
01-25-2012, 11:35 PM
What are you talking about?

RedsfaninMT
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
anyone heard anything ?

For who? And who's going to play 1st? No way the Orioles have the talent for Votto.

americanoutlaw1
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Absolutely no way the Orioles could pull off a Votto trade. If he was being shopped every team in baseball would know, and the Orioles could never win the bidding. And it would not make sense for them to at this juncture either.

JayBruceFan
01-26-2012, 12:19 AM
For who? And who's going to play 1st?
Just ordered my Danny Dorn jersey! :D

Old NDN
01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
anyone heard anything ?

I think the Orioles turned that deal down. Said it would take more than Votto to land Bedard.

alett12
01-26-2012, 12:22 PM
For who? And who's going to play 1st? No way the Orioles have the talent for Votto.

If they traded Votto the reds would probably put Fransisco, Frazier or Neftali Soto at 1st and the O's do the talent in one man, Adam Jones.

Tadasimha
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
If they traded Votto the reds would probably put Fransisco, Frazier or Neftali Soto at 1st and the O's do the talent in one man, Adam Jones.
:eek:
Adam Jones is no where close to being the talent that Joey Votto is. Offensively and defensively, Votto is head and houlders above Jones.

mroby85
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
This is a prime example of why message boards are often stupid.

alett12
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
:eek:
Adam Jones is no where close to being the talent that Joey Votto is. Offensively and defensively, Votto is head and houlders above Jones.

he's close, i'm not saying that i would want it to happen but Jones would be the center piece of a deal like this if it were to happen.

brad1176
01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't even say Jones is close at this point. He may mature into a better hitter than Votto, but as of right now he's not.

As far as a deal goes, the O's would have to break the bank for me, something like Jones, Britton, and a couple of top prospects like Machado, and Bundy.

BigPoppa
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
well, I heard Votto to the Expos.....so, I dunno

mroby85
01-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know this is exactly the opposite of what their plan has been the entire offseason. You think they're going to trade several top tier prospects for 2 players, and turn around and trade their MVP #3 hitter, and best player they've had since Larkin for prospects? How in the world does this make any sense in any way? They traded Yonder Alonso, do you really think they would've traded Alonso if they were going to trade Votto? Put 2 and 2 together.

alett12
01-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know this is exactly the opposite of what their plan has been the entire offseason. You think they're going to trade several top tier prospects for 2 players, and turn around and trade their MVP #3 hitter, and best player they've had since Larkin for prospects? How in the world does this make any sense in any way? They traded Yonder Alonso, do you really think they would've traded Alonso if they were going to trade Votto? Put 2 and 2 together.

No, but it is fun to mess with people over

bigredmechanism
01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
he's close

Jones is a fine young player, but he is nowhere near being close to the level that Votto is on.

JV is a top-10 hitter in MLB.

mroby85
01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Jones is a fine young player, but he is nowhere near being close to the level that Votto is on.

JV is a top-10 hitter in MLB.

Votto's abilities are greatly under appreciated around here in my opinion. I've always felt that way, unfortunately I don't think a lot of people will realize what an impact player he truly is until he's gone.

americanoutlaw1
01-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Jones' best season doesn't touch Joey's rookie season. There is absolutely zero comparison. None.

RedsfaninMT
01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
No, but it is fun to mess with people over

One of the reasons I came over to Redszone was to avoid silly posts on ESPN's Message Board. Nice to know you don't differentiate the drivel you post on either site.

alett12
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
One of the reasons I came over to Redszone was to avoid silly posts on ESPN's Message Board. Nice to know you don't differentiate the drivel you post on either site.

Hey, I not the one who started the post I just comment, and personaly, i came over here for the same reason.