PDA

View Full Version : April 3rd exhibition at GABP

_Sir_Charles_
01-26-2012, 01:39 PM
The Cincinnati Reds will play their last spring training game in Cincinnati at Great American Ball Park on April 3 as part of a Spring Showcase, giving fans the opportunity to get a first look at the 2012 Reds and see the top players from the organization’s minor league affiliates.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/01/26/reds-officially-announce-april-3-exhibition/

Reds versus Futures game. That should be fun.

cumberlandreds
01-26-2012, 01:45 PM
That's really a good idea. That would be a lot of fun to see.

mattfeet
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
And the best part is, Diamond Club seats are only $65.00 a piece!!!

Benihana
01-26-2012, 03:20 PM
What would your "Futures" team lineup look like?

SS Hamilton
2B H.Rodriguez (or Gregorius)
3B Vidal
1B Soto
LF Frazier (assuming he's not on OD roster, otherwise Phipps or Puckett)
RF Y.Rodriguez
CF LaMarre
C Barnhart
P Corcino (with Sulbaran relieving)

TRF
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I have a man crush on Sulbaran, so I'd have him starting with Corcino in the pen. Sulbaran has more experience. WBC and all.

Other than that.. I think the futures team could actually win.

dougdirt
01-26-2012, 09:17 PM
I have a man crush on Sulbaran, so I'd have him starting with Corcino in the pen. Sulbaran has more experience. WBC and all.

Other than that.. I think the futures team could actually win.

Futures team won the Carolina game a few years ago.

corkedbat
01-28-2012, 03:58 AM
This system seriously needs some corener OF options.

1B Neftali Soto........... Donald Lutz
2B Henry Rodriguez......Junior Arias
SS Billy Hamilton..........Didi Gregorious
3B David Vidal.............Sean Buckley
LF Kyle Waldrop.......... Juan Duran
CF Ryan LeMarre......... Denis Phipps
RF Yorman Rodriguez....Gabriel Rosa
CA Tucker Barnhart......Mark Fleury

Just Missed: Brodie Greene

S1 Daniel Corcino
S2 Robert Stephenson
S3 Josh Smith
S4 Dan Renken
S5 JC Sulbaran
LR Kyle Lotzkar
MR Blaine Howell
MR Donnie Joseph
MR Nick Christiani
RS Daniel Wolford
LS Chris Manno
CL Drew Hayes

Just Missed: Tony Cingrani

Captain Hook
01-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Probably no chance this will be on tv.:(

Eric_the_Red
02-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Anyone else get tickets yet? I got 2 in section 125 (scout seats behind home, just above Diamond and Scout Box sections). Anyone know what row section 125 starts in, if not row 1?

Looking forward to the game. Should be a nice lead in to Opening Day and a chance to see some future Reds stars.

dougdirt
02-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I am in section 115. The one thing that bugged me was the inability to pick a section beyond the "price range" you wanted. I was hoping to get behind the first base dugout, but after several attempts that kept placing me in section 126, I finally landed in 115 which is doable for what I wanted despite being behind the third base dugout.

ETR, I could be wrong, but I believe that the "rows" begin with Row A from the diamond seats and work their way up from there all around the lower level.

mattfeet
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm in 126 row O.

*BaseClogger*
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
How much and what time is the game?

dougdirt
02-04-2012, 07:15 PM
How much and what time is the game?

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/futures_game.jsp?affiliateId=2336C7F1-C1M38J

Game starts at 7, April 3rd. Gates open at 5. Ticket prices vary depending on where you want to sit. Check the link above.

*BaseClogger*
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/futures_game.jsp?affiliateId=2336C7F1-C1M38J

Game starts at 7, April 3rd. Gates open at 5. Ticket prices vary depending on where you want to sit. Check the link above.

Thanks.

I'm really tempted to get club seats because I'm very confident I can eat $18 worth of food haha...

HeatherC1212
02-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm going to the game (got tickets in section 115, row G earlier this morning) and I cannot wait to get back to GABP this season. This sounds like it's going to be a fun night! :D

dougdirt
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm going to the game (got tickets in section 115, row G earlier this morning) and I cannot wait to get back to GABP this season. This sounds like it's going to be a fun night! :D

If you stand up in front of me, there may be pop corn thrown at you :laugh:

KittyDuran
02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Club Home... Section 224.

HeatherC1212
02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
If you stand up in front of me, there may be pop corn thrown at you :laugh:

I'm only five feet tall....you probably wouldn't even know I was standing up at the time, LOL :laugh:

dougdirt
04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I am in section 115 if anyone is around there, come say hi. I have on a black tshirt that says "More Cowbell" on it and will have a DSLR camera attached to my face and or neck from about 5-930pm today.

redsmetz
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I just bought tickets in Section 117 this morning, right in front of my cousin & his wife & kids. Talked my wife into going too.

mattfeet
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I am in section 115 if anyone is around there, come say hi. I have on a black tshirt that says "More Cowbell" on it and will have a DSLR camera attached to my face and or neck from about 5-930pm today.

My wife and I are in Scout Seats. Ill be wearing khaki shorts and a red Reds polo shirt I think.

-Matt

KittyDuran
04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Have to support the farm! Decked out in Dragons gear: t-shirt, hoodie, hat, and earrings lounging in the club! :)

Vottomatic
04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Corcino looking like Mario Soto, striking out Bruce and Heisey to end the 2nd.

HeatherC1212
04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
The game last night was a lot of fun aside from the sinus infection I'm battling right now which made me feel miserable by about the sixth inning. Mom and I had fun watching batting practice though and the interviews they did on the field. I tweeted a bunch of pictures last night (LOVE my new phone! This was the first time I'd used it at GABP) and took a bunch more on my actual camera which I'll go through when I feel a bit better. I hope they do something like this again because it was pretty fun. The Futures guys were a riot with how excited they kept getting every time they did something good, LOL :laugh:

Doug-I have no idea if I saw you or not there but I hope you had fun! :)

BTW-This one lady sitting to my left and behind me was a total tool for almost the entire game. She was a Dragons booster and kept cheering obnoxiously for the Dragons guys (wonder if half of them will even be part of that team this year...I think most of them should be moving up a level). I think she forgot the one important thing about this game last night: ALL these guys are in the REDS organization. They're really all on the same team and this game meant total squat to most of them. It was an exhibition game lady...I really wanted her to take a chill pill. That was a bit annoying. :thumbdown:

Chip R
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
BTW-This one lady sitting to my left and behind me was a total tool for almost the entire game. She was a Dragons booster and kept cheering obnoxiously for the Dragons guys (wonder if half of them will even be part of that team this year...I think most of them should be moving up a level). I think she forgot the one important thing about this game last night: ALL these guys are in the REDS organization. They're really all on the same team and this game meant total squat to most of them. It was an exhibition game lady...I really wanted her to take a chill pill. That was a bit annoying. :thumbdown:

You should watch what you say. Kitty Duran posts here. I don't think she'll like you talking about her like that. ;)

KittyDuran
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
You should watch what you say. Kitty Duran posts here. I don't think she'll like you talking about her like that. ;)

Wasn't me! I was relaxing in the lounge last night... (wuss) ;)

redsfan30
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
The catcalls for Joey Votto started ALREADY in our section (221) last night. Now that he's signing the mega deal, every out he makes will be met with yells of "way to earn your money, Votto!"

It's only been (less than) one game, that doesn't even count, and I'm already fed up with that.

dougdirt
04-04-2012, 07:04 PM
The game last night was a lot of fun aside from the sinus infection I'm battling right now which made me feel miserable by about the sixth inning. Mom and I had fun watching batting practice though and the interviews they did on the field. I tweeted a bunch of pictures last night (LOVE my new phone! This was the first time I'd used it at GABP) and took a bunch more on my actual camera which I'll go through when I feel a bit better. I hope they do something like this again because it was pretty fun. The Futures guys were a riot with how excited they kept getting every time they did something good, LOL :laugh:

Doug-I have no idea if I saw you or not there but I hope you had fun! :)

You had to be sitting right in front of me and to the left..... because I know the lady you were talking about. Were you wearing a gray hat?

HeatherC1212
04-05-2012, 12:00 AM
You had to be sitting right in front of me and to the left..... because I know the lady you were talking about. Were you wearing a gray hat?

Yes, I was wearing a grey hat, my hair was down, and I also had on my red Joey Votto MVP t-shirt. I still pretty much look like the picture in my avatar although my hair is longer now. Bummed I didn't get to meet you!

dougdirt
04-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes, I was wearing a grey hat, my hair was down, and I also had on my red Joey Votto MVP t-shirt. I still pretty much look like the picture in my avatar although my hair is longer now. Bummed I didn't get to meet you!

We should have planned better. You were a row in front of me and two or three seats to my left.