PDA

View Full Version : Pick One Prospect

Benihana
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Pick the one prospect who you believe WILL have the best major league career. Not highest ceiling, not closest to the majors. If you had to bet all of your money, which one of these players will have the best major league career?

Ohayou
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
From this list, probably Frazier. You never know with pitchers.

lollipopcurve
01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Hamilton

klw
01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
voted other. Mesoraco.
Harper, Trout, that Tampa guy all will probably top anyone on this list. (you didn't say only Reds prospects)

dougdirt
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I only chose from the guys listed. Though in hindsight I shouldn't have, as klw said above, there are clearly better prospects than the ones listed. I went with Yorman Rodriguez of the guys listed. I will take Bryce Harper of all "prospects" in baseball though.

Benihana
01-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Should have clarified...current Reds minor leaguer. Hence no Harper, Mez or Cozart.

REDblooded
01-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Stephenson... Just a hunch.

mace
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
That's an interesting way to couch it. Made me look at it a little differently. And when I did, to my surprise, I arrived at Soto. I just think he'll hit. Thought hard on Gregorius. Hamilton's my highest-rated guy on the list, but that's taking upside into consideration. Beni's premise places a premium on safety.

camisadelgolf
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Stephenson... Just a hunch.
Yeah, that's basically it for me, too. I think he'll be more of a #2 starter than an ace, but that's worth a lot. He reminds me a bit of Homer Bailey, but I think the Reds learned a lesson and will do a better job of developing him.

mth123
01-31-2012, 03:45 AM
Tough question. The higher level guys are all flawed. The lower level guys have a lot of ground to cover just to get the chance. After the deals, I've got Corcino at 3 behind Mes and Cozart. Since he's my highest rated, he must be the guy I think will have the best career.

Mario-Rijo
01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
That's an interesting way to couch it. Made me look at it a little differently. And when I did, to my surprise, I arrived at Soto. I just think he'll hit. Thought hard on Gregorius. Hamilton's my highest-rated guy on the list, but that's taking upside into consideration. Beni's premise places a premium on safety.

Pretty much my line of thought as well. Soto but Gregorius gave me pause. Too me it's almost like asking highest floor.

Benihana
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, that's basically it for me, too. I think he'll be more of a #2 starter than an ace, but that's worth a lot. He reminds me a bit of Homer Bailey, but I think the Reds learned a lesson and will do a better job of developing him.

I agree with this. Stephenson is my guy. IMO, he has one of, if not the highest upside of anyone on this list, and barring injury I think he has a decent shot to make the show. Of course, it may well be several years from now.

Corcino would likely be my #2, although Stephenson has a better frame to keep him healthy (hopefully).

klw
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Should have clarified...current Reds minor leaguer. Hence no Harper, Mez or Cozart.

Ahh I was just in nit-picky lawyer mode.

TRF
01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
I love Sulbaran's potential, but pitchers are always one pitch away...

I went with Soto, my pick last year for breakout minor leaguer.

Edd Roush
01-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree with this. Stephenson is my guy. IMO, he has one of, if not the highest upside of anyone on this list, and barring injury I think he has a decent shot to make the show. Of course, it may well be several years from now.

Corcino would likely be my #2, although Stephenson has a better frame to keep him healthy (hopefully).

Beni, I pretty much completely agree with your post. I went with Stephenson, but Corcino was a close second. I am just very bullish on Stephenson and I like his frame better than Corcino's. It honestly came down to that. I sort of thought about Soto, but I am still very worried that he will not walk at the major league level.