PDA

View Full Version : Nats: "Take Back the Park" Ticket Sales

redsmetz
02-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Addressing the problem of an infestation of Phillies fans at Nationals games, the club has come up with an interesting solution.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/nationals-launch-take-back-the-park-campaign/2012/02/03/gIQAsyehmQ_blog.html

corkedbat
02-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Add $50M to payroll for the Reds and Reds fans might control Cubs series at the GAB again too.

edabbs44
02-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Add $50M to payroll for the Reds and Reds fans might control Cubs series at the GAB again too.

I thought it had to be after 2 winning seasons, after school lets out, beautiful weather, $1 hot dogs, the moon in the 3rd quadrant and the Yankees in town for there to be a sell out?

RedFanAlways1966
02-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I thought it had to be after 2 winning seasons, after school lets out, beautiful weather, $1 hot dogs, the moon in the 3rd quadrant and the Yankees in town for there to be a sell out?

:lol: good stuff, my man.

Or this... reasonable prices for a family of 3 or 4 or 5 to attend a MLB game. Corporations can only buy so many seats. Then the rest are up to the "normal people" in society. Those who try to stay employed in tough economic times. Those who have not seen their yearly pay rise at the same level as MLB players (if at all). Reality in that regard... MLB does not get it.

WVRed
02-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Or this... reasonable prices for a family of 3 or 4 or 5 to attend a MLB game. Corporations can only buy so many seats. Then the rest are up to the "normal people" in society. Those who try to stay employed in tough economic times. Those who have not seen their yearly pay rise at the same level as MLB players (if at all). Reality in that regard... Cincinnati does not get it.

fixed it for you.

I've been to Pittsburgh to watch the Reds play. I would almost rather go to PNC than Cincinnati just based on price alone.

dougdirt
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Or this... reasonable prices for a family of 3 or 4 or 5 to attend a MLB game. Corporations can only buy so many seats. Then the rest are up to the "normal people" in society. Those who try to stay employed in tough economic times. Those who have not seen their yearly pay rise at the same level as MLB players (if at all). Reality in that regard... MLB does not get it.

Going to a movie costs just as much as going to a Reds game. I have never understood why players salary should have anything to do with choosing to go to a game.

CarolinaRedleg
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Because nobody wants the smell of vomit overpowering the stadium's ambiance during that all-important first series.

Edit: However, D.C. battery vendors wonder how this will affect March/April sales, which they say are historically brisk whenever the Phillies are in town.

traderumor
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
fixed it for you.

I've been to Pittsburgh to watch the Reds play. I would almost rather go to PNC than Cincinnati just based on price alone.When I looked at list ticket prices, they are higher for average seats than the Reds :confused:

MikeThierry
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
When I looked at list ticket prices, they are higher for average seats than the Reds :confused:

I wish the Reds ticket prices would translate to what the Cardinals offer. I find it harder and harder to spend money to go to Cards games. They are near the top ten in average ticket prices.

Caveat Emperor
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM

I average 15-20 games per year. I rarely spend more than $12 on tickets. I buy a Chipotle Burrito or Penn Station sub (~$6-$7) on my way to the stadium and a bottle or water or two ($2) on my way in.

That's a night at the ballgame for $20. Family of four is $80 -- and can probably be even cheaper if you pack some sandwiches instead of stopping for food on the way.

I don't get people complaining about ballpark prices. Unless you absolutely must sit in the lower level or absolutely must drink beer or buy hot dogs at the game, a night at the Reds game is about the cheapest paid activity in the city.

HeatherC1212
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Reds tickets are not that expensive if you know where to look for them. I've been to quite a few games the last few years and rarely have I ever spent a ton of money on tickets. Other teams prices are way higher than the Reds (most of my other baseball friends are all jealous of how much lower our prices are compared to their teams) so I don't get the complaining either. :confused:

Brutus
02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Their intentions are good, but I think they could achieve the same result without penalizing fans that might live outside the area. They could simply force people to purchase tickets for the Phillies' series as part of a package with other tickets, which would weed out some of the Phillies' fans.

Caveat Emperor
02-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Reds tickets are not that expensive if you know where to look for them. I've been to quite a few games the last few years and rarely have I ever spent a ton of money on tickets. Other teams prices are way higher than the Reds (most of my other baseball friends are all jealous of how much lower our prices are compared to their teams) so I don't get the complaining either. :confused:

Stubhub.com, on day-of event for random weeknights, often has tickets 25-50% below face value.

HeatherC1212
02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Stubhub.com, on day-of event for random weeknights, often has tickets 25-50% below face value.

Stubhub and I are all ready well aquainted :beerme: and I also tend to hit just about every type of discount night that the Reds offer throughout the season. Nothing wrong with random free tickets from either work, the Redlegs Run, watch parties with Mo Egger, or BOR contest wins either. :p

Good for the Nats for trying something to energize their fanbase although I'm not sure how successful they'll be with it.

MikeThierry
02-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I average 15-20 games per year. I rarely spend more than $12 on tickets. I buy a Chipotle Burrito or Penn Station sub (~$6-$7) on my way to the stadium and a bottle or water or two ($2) on my way in.

That's a night at the ballgame for $20. Family of four is $80 -- and can probably be even cheaper if you pack some sandwiches instead of stopping for food on the way.

I don't get people complaining about ballpark prices. Unless you absolutely must sit in the lower level or absolutely must drink beer or buy hot dogs at the game, a night at the Reds game is about the cheapest paid activity in the city.

Wow... $12 a ticket? I have to pay on average $30 to go to a Cards game. I can't see why people would complain about ticket prices in Cincy.

Caveat Emperor
02-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow... $12 a ticket? I have to pay on average $30 to go to a Cards game. I can't see why people would complain about ticket prices in Cincy.

Midweek games are $15 for an upper-deck ticket (but, like I said, stubhub day of always has those tickets in the $9-12 range), $8 for an outfield bleacher.

Having lived in other MLB cities, being a Reds fan is as close to stealing for professional sports as it gets.

MikeThierry
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Midweek games are $15 for an upper-deck ticket (but, like I said, stubhub day of always has those tickets in the $9-12 range), $8 for an outfield bleacher.

Having lived in other MLB cities, being a Reds fan is as close to stealing for professional sports as it gets.

Jesus... no wonder why you guys can't get a $100 million payroll, lol :):beerme:

CTA513
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
The Nats should try not sucking.