PDA

View Full Version : Kershaw signs 2 year deal....

_Sir_Charles_
02-07-2012, 06:56 PM
19 million. That's a guy I would've LOVED to have gone after the last couple of years. But alas...not.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/dodgers-kershaw-to-sign-two-year-deal.html

dougdirt
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
19 million. That's a guy I would've LOVED to have gone after the last couple of years. But alas...not.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/dodgers-kershaw-to-sign-two-year-deal.html

That's a guy that they wouldn't have traded at any point since drafting him.

_Sir_Charles_
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Well, SURE. If you want to go and be realistic and logical and all. That just ruins all the fun. :O)

Truthfully though, I would've said the same thing about Latos too. Considering the turmoil the FO was in over there in LA, if we'd have overpaid like we did with Latos, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

dougdirt
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Well, SURE. If you want to go and be realistic and logical and all. That just ruins all the fun. :O)

Truthfully though, I would've said the same thing about Latos too. Considering the turmoil the FO was in over there in LA, if we'd have overpaid like we did with Latos, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

I doubt it. I have contacts with Dodgers scouts and the Dodgers are and always have been head over heels in love with Kershaw. Latos has had his detractors within the Padres system, rightly or wrongly, for a while because of his maturity.

CySeymour
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Kershaw and Kemp make a hell of a good core.

LegallyMinded
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
This will have Kershaw hitting free agency at the same time Votto does. Is it wishful thinking to believe the Dodgers will choose to focus on Kershaw, making it a bit more likely the Reds can retain Votto?

mth123
02-08-2012, 09:39 PM
This will have Kershaw hitting free agency at the same time Votto does. Is it wishful thinking to believe the Dodgers will choose to focus on Kershaw, making it a bit more likely the Reds can retain Votto?

They'll have the money for both.