PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cameron hangs 'em up....

_Sir_Charles_
02-19-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/02/mike-cameron-to-retire.html

In 17 big league seasons, Cameron hit .249/.338/.444 with 278 home runs for eight different clubs. According to Baseball Reference, the centerfielder earned more than $76MM over the course of his career.

Tom Servo
02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
An underrated player outside of statistics circles.

Sea Ray
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
In hindsight I'm thinking we would have been better off not making the Griffey deal and keeping him as our CF. I'm not blaming Bowden here at all. I'd have made the trade too but I didn't know at the time that Griffey'd be hurt so much and that his salary would hamstring the organization so.

SunDeck
02-21-2012, 12:38 PM
In hindsight I'm thinking we would have been better off not making the Griffey deal and keeping him as our CF. I'm not blaming Bowden here at all. I'd have made the trade too but I didn't know at the time that Griffey'd be hurt so much and that his salary would hamstring the organization so.

Agreed.
You know, when the best player of a generation says he wants to come to your team, you just don't have a good way to tell him no thanks.

I liked watching Cameron in CF.

bucksfan2
02-21-2012, 01:12 PM
The Cameron retirement peak my interest. He must have been a very likeable guy during his major league tenure because everyone talks about him in a glowing manner. I haven't seen a mention yet of his PED suspension, which for many players has been front and center the day they reired.

Roy Tucker
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Agreed.
I liked watching Cameron in CF.

Me too. It was fun when it was SS Barry Larkin, 2B Pokey Reese, and CF Mike Cameron up the middle on defense. It was unbelievable how much ground they covered. Not much got through or fell in.

Johnny Footstool
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
The PED suspension cast a big shadow on Cameron's career, IMO.