PDA

View Full Version : Walt on Sports of all Sorts

icehole3
02-20-2012, 04:40 AM
:)

they did an hour show with Walt here's some points Walt made, he covered a lot of topics:

-wanted Cueto fresh so they shut him down this winter
-Rolen 100%
-Mesaraco's a man's man
-had Cozart in Arizona all winter
-signed Francis and others because of Arroyo
-thinks Marshal will help Bray thinks they have 2 of the best lefties in NL
-very high on Soto
-asked about Moneyball thinks the Reds are somewhere in between, says the Reds have a big analytical department
-theyve asked Stubbs to change his approach

Mario-Rijo
02-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Asked Stubbs to change his approach? Interesting to hear.

lollipopcurve
02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
-signed Francis and others because of Arroyo

I like hearing this. They can't trot Arroyo out there ad infinitum if he's getting beat up.

icehole3
02-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Walt on Stubbs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Xt5X2Gsps)

CySeymour
02-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Asked Stubbs to change his approach? Interesting to hear.

Agreed. I have felt his approach is the actual issue. He'll get ahead in the count then get a good pitch to hit and take it.

redsmetz
02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Is the entire show online?

As for Stubbs, if they can get him adjusted, he makes for an exciting ballplayer. I understand that's not a small "if".

Sea Ray
02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I like hearing this. They can't trot Arroyo out there ad infinitum if he's getting beat up.

He didn't really say that he signed extra starting pitchers because of Arroyo. He said he signed them because of unforeseen injuries and he used the example that last yr they started the yr with Cueto and Bailey out while Arroyo was weak from Mono. He actually spoke highly of where Arroyo is right now, much stronger than he was last yr as his bout with Mono affected his entire season

icehole3
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Is the entire show online?

As for Stubbs, if they can get him adjusted, he makes for an exciting ballplayer. I understand that's not a small "if".

no, I just threw that clip up there :)

icehole3
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
He didn't really say that he signed extra starting pitchers because of Arroyo. He said he signed them because of unforeseen injuries and he used the example that last yr they started the yr with Cueto and Bailey out while Arroyo was weak from Mono. He actually spoke highly of where Arroyo is right now, much stronger than he was last yr as his bout with Mono affected his entire season

guess I couldve worded it better I was in a hurry this morning :)

Sea Ray
02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
guess I couldve worded it better I was in a hurry this morning :)

Thanks for your efforts in posting this at all. It's nice Reds stuff! :thumbup: