PDA

View Full Version : Who is Redszone's #36 prospect?

camisadelgolf
02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
#1 C Devin Mesoraco
#2 SS Billy Hamilton
#3 SS Zack Cozart
#4 RHP Dan Corcino
#5 RHP Robert Stephenson
#6 1B Neftali Soto
#7 OF Yorman Rodriguez
#8 UT Todd Frazier
#9 SS Didi Gregorius
#10 2B Henry Rodriguez
#11 LHP Tony Cingrani
#12 OF Juan Duran
#13 RHP Kyle Lotzkar
#14 3B Gabriel Rosa
#15 C Tucker Barnhart
#16 3B David Vidal
#17 RHP J.C. Sulbaran
#18 OF Ryan LaMarre
#19 1B Donald Lutz
#20 OF Denis Phipps
#21 RHP Tim Crabbe
#22 RHP Andrew Brackman
#23 LHP Amir Garrett
#24 UT Brodie Greene
#25 LHP Donnie Joseph
#26 1B/3B Sean Buckley
#27 3B Junior Arias
#28 RHP Josh Smith
#29 2B Ryan Wright
#30 RHP Drew Cisco
#31 OF Kyle Waldrop
#32 RHP Pedro Villarreal
#33 RHP Josh Judy
#34 RHP Nick Christiani
#35 RHP Drew Hayes

dougdirt
02-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Still going with Josh Ravin. He has outstanding stuff. He struggles to control it at times, but he also has control of it at times which suggests he can become more consistent with it.

mace
02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Was wondering about Vaughn Covington, and found this video interview:

Vaughn Covington Sportsnet Interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWPUwZHHSPs)

Seems like a fine young fellow. There's also a pitching clip.

Vaughn Covington Jr. National Team prt1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZwZPDhEwQ)

Apparently, he's a very impressive athlete, at 6-foot-5. But he had TJ surgery, which made him available to the Reds in the 11th round last year. I'm not ready to vote for him, but he should be an interesting guy to follow.

mace
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
This is a tough round. Chacin is at the top of my list, but I don't know if he has a legitimate shot . . . I've always liked Jacob Johnson . . . And Juan Perez is promising . . . Guillon might have the most potential . . . Manno has the numbers . . . Puckett is certainly worthy of the 36th round . . . For that matter, Valaika . . . Think I'll wait a little while.

The DARK
02-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Was wondering about Vaughn Covington, and found this video interview:

Vaughn Covington Sportsnet Interview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWPUwZHHSPs)

Seems like a fine young fellow. There's also a pitching clip.

Vaughn Covington Jr. National Team prt1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZwZPDhEwQ)

Apparently, he's a very impressive athlete, at 6-foot-5. But he had TJ surgery, which made him available to the Reds in the 11th round last year. I'm not ready to vote for him, but he should be an interesting guy to follow.

I hope so, and I like the upside, but there are enough guys with breakout potential in the system (Romano, Ravin, Gullion) that I'll wait til next year to include him on my list.

I'm still voting for Perez. He looks like one of the best potential finds in Billings, with the stat line he put up in a decently sized sample. And even if he doesn't stick at shortstop, he's apparently a decent defender around the infield, and that bat would play well at second base as well.

Edd Roush
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Can someone re-hash Juan Perez' scouting report? What position is he likely to stick at and how is his defense? The batting numbers themselves are certainly impressive.

mace
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Well, I allowed one fundamental detail to break my personal deadlock between Juan Perez and Chris Manno: Perez bats left-handed. Seems like a nice advantage for a middle infielder--if, indeed, he remains one.

Of course, Manno throws left-handed. So there's that.

Anyway, if Perez hits the list, that bumps Brandon Dailey into the picture.

JaxRed
02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I swear Covington said that Paige fought thru "Diversity" not "Adversity"

Edd Roush
02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
I swear Covington said that Paige fought thru "Diversity" not "Adversity"

I heard it, too. I know he was only 16, but he definitely was not well-spoken when this video was shot.

lollipopcurve
02-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting those Covington videos, mace. Interesting -- seems like a bright kid.

Been voting Romano.

powersackers
02-24-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm done voting. We are down to the unknowns for me (besides a couple). Thanks for hosting this. I had fun with it.

camisadelgolf
02-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Any people want to change their vote to Valaika or Perez? I'd like to avoid a runoff if possible.

Edd Roush
02-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Any people want to change their vote to Valaika or Perez? I'd like to avoid a runoff if possible.

I'll change my vote from Covington to Perez.