PDA

View Full Version : Gerardo Parra

MississippiRed
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I was listening to a Baseball Today podcast the other day and they were talking about Gerardo Parra and how he looks to be the odd man out in the Diamondbacks outfield (since they traded for Jason Kubel).

I don't know much about him from a scouting or SABR standpoint, but isn't this the type of guy the Reds should be targeting? He had a .784 OPS last year and won a gold glove.

Spitball
02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I would love for the Reds to get Parra but doubt they will.

cinreds21
02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I was listening to a Baseball Today podcast the other day and they were talking about Gerardo Parra and how he looks to be the odd man out in the Diamondbacks outfield (since they traded for Jason Kubel).

I don't know much about him from a scouting or SABR standpoint, but isn't this the type of guy the Reds should be targeting? He had a .784 OPS last year and won a gold glove.

Signed.

Will M
02-27-2012, 08:12 PM
The Diamondbacks have 2 lefty hitters in left and the Reds have two righty hitters in left. Both Parra & Heisey can play all 3 OF positions. A swap of Heisey for Parra would help both teams IMO.

mth123
02-27-2012, 08:46 PM
The Diamondbacks have 2 lefty hitters in left and the Reds have two righty hitters in left. Both Parra & Heisey can play all 3 OF positions. A swap of Heisey for Parra would help both teams IMO.

Make it Stubbs for Parra and I'm with you. I like Parra best as a CF.

AmarilloRed
02-29-2012, 01:15 PM
If the Diamondbacks would be trading Parra because they have too many outfielders, why would they take a outfielder back in trade? You'd either need to substitute another player or add to Helsey/Stubbs to make it happen.