PDA

View Full Version : Gunman kills one and wounds four in school shooting; 2 more now dead.

The Operator
02-27-2012, 04:19 PM
:( :( :(

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/1-dead-41-dead-4-wounded-1364490.html

CHARDON, Ohio A teenager described as an outcast at his suburban Cleveland high school opened fire in the cafeteria Monday, killing one student and wounding four others before being caught a short distance away, authorities said.

oneupper
02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Second Student Dies.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12059/1213190-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

Jefferson24
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I just don't understand how tearing up the lives of others solves your problems or improves your situation. These type of things are so senseless. It just make me mad to think about it. What did the kid think he was going to accomplish?

dougdirt
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
I just don't understand how tearing up the lives of others solves your problems or improves your situation. These type of things are so senseless. It just make me mad to think about it. What did the kid think he was going to accomplish?

I think the problem with your rational is that you are trying to understand the thought process of a 16 year old. A very sad, sad thing that happened, but trying to understand it isn't something I would waste my time doing. Usually the people who commit such crimes have something wrong with them and "we" can't get the thinking that they were having.

Ohayou
02-28-2012, 05:39 PM
He's actually 17.

Jefferson24
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I think the problem with your rational is that you are trying to understand the thought process of a 16 year old. A very sad, sad thing that happened, but trying to understand it isn't something I would waste my time doing. Usually the people who commit such crimes have something wrong with them and "we" can't get the thinking that they were having.

I know it's impossible to make sense of his thought process. These nutcases don't think like most people. I think there is hardly any greater loss than children murdered in cold-blood.

I wonder why this type of thing seems to keep happening. I don't ever recall hearing about this type of thing happening when I was in school, 1980's. I guess it probably did but this is the information age where everyone seems to hear about everything.

dougdirt
02-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I know it's impossible to make sense of his thought process. These nutcases don't think like most people. I think there is hardly any greater loss than children murdered in cold-blood.

I wonder why this type of thing seems to keep happening. I don't ever recall hearing about this type of thing happening when I was in school, 1980's. I guess it probably did but this is the information age where everyone seems to hear about everything.

I don't have a clue as to why, but perhaps it is just because all it needed was "one incident" to put it in the minds of other crazies who wanted to do something about "those who bother them".

Ohayou
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I will admit this is the first time I can ever remember the gunman not 'opting out'.

Reds/Flyers Fan
02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
A third student has now died. :(

Dom Heffner
02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Sounds like the kid was bullied. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Nothing but sympathy for the victims.

Jefferson24
02-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Sounds like the kid was bullied. Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Nothing but sympathy for the victims.

If he was bullied don't you think he would act out against those who bullied him. I hadn't heard that this was the case though. Reports are that he chose victims randomly.

dougdirt
02-28-2012, 08:14 PM
If he was bullied don't you think he would act out against those who bullied him. I hadn't heard that this was the case though. Reports are that he chose victims randomly.

Original reports I heard was that he targeted a specific table in the cafeteria. Has that since changed?

Dom Heffner
02-28-2012, 08:17 PM

He probably felt isolated from the students, probably just acted out to show them...obviously not the way to go, but shooting any of them was probably enough for him.

These shootings are actually quite rare and have been in decline the past twenty years.

The Operator
02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Original reports I heard was that he targeted a specific table in the cafeteria. Has that since changed?Yes, the report I read most recently said he didn't even know his victims.

dougdirt
02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Yes, the report I read most recently said he didn't even know his victims.

Not that it makes it any better or worse, but more shocking that he simply had no connection to those who were "targeted".