PDA

View Full Version : Three bold predictions- 2012

Plus Plus
03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
With today being March first (at least here in Illinois, for about 11 more minutes...) I thought that I would rekindle a thread that was a lot of fun last year, and even more fun to look back on at the end of the season.

So, what are your three bold predictions for 2012? Reds, MLB, anything!

Here are mine:

1) Votto wins his second MVP in a landslide over Kemp and Braun, and arguments about how this is certain to mean his departure from Cincinnati abound.

2) Reds win the NL pennant, exacting revenge over the Phillies in five games in the championship series.

3) Paul Janish sees no meaningful playing time at any point during the season, and is only seen in the Reds' clubhouse at GABP after September first- and even then, gets no more than 25 innings in the field or 25 at bats.

What are yours???

mth123
03-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Not sure what qualifies as bold so I'll increase the "boldness" as I go.

1. Ryan Ludwick hits 25 Home Runs and provides the 3rd middle of the line-up bat that the team has been missing.

2. Homer Bailey is sidelined for the season before Memorial Day with shoulder problems.

3. Matt Latos steps forward to become a true number 1 starter with an ERA below 3.00 with 20 Wins and 225 K's and becomes the Reds' first ever Cy Young Winner leading the Reds through the post season by outdueling Halladay twirce in the NLCS and Sabathia twice in the World Series.

Griffey012
03-02-2012, 07:21 AM
For those who partook in this thread last year, I think it would also be good to bring up your 3 bold predictions for 2011 just to see how they fared as well.

dfs
03-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Next off season nobody complains about either Jay Bruce Homer Bailey OR Drew Stubbs.

Yeah. that's three.

HokieRed
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Next off season nobody complains about either Jay Bruce Homer Bailey OR Drew Stubbs.

Yeah. that's three.

If this happens, we'll have won the pennant.

HokieRed
03-02-2012, 09:08 AM
1. Rolen wins comeback player of the year.

2. Votto wins MVP

3. Latos wins Cy Young.

cumberlandreds
03-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I have a 40's theme:

1. Ludwick/Hesiey combo hits 40 HRs.

2. Madson has 40 saves.

3. Bruce hits 40 Hrs.

BearcatShane
03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Reds fail to win 78 games

Devin Mesoraco hits under .200 the first two months of the year and is sent down for good.

Brandon Phillips causes major problems in the clubhouse daily because he is upset about his contract.

BearcatShane
03-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Here is last years thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88287

MikeThierry
03-02-2012, 09:44 AM
1. Holliday wins the NL MVP, coming back from a odd injury year in 2011.

2. Wainwright earns a top 5 placing in the NL Cy Young voting and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

3. The Washington Nationals win the NL East.

marcshoe
03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
1. Homer Bailey emerges as a consistent top 3 starter.

2. Votto signs ltc.

3. Chapman replaces Arroyo in the rotation by June.

MikeThierry
03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Oh, one other prediction. Chris Carpenter will do something to make Reds fans angry and he is still finding ways to explain things to his son! Book it!!!! :lol: :) :beerme:

Strikes Out Looking
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
1. The duo of Johnny Cueto/Mat Latos win 35 games.
2. Scott Rolen starts 120 games and the Reds record in those games in 75-45.
3. Albert Pujols fails a drug test; Prince Fielder goes down with a knee injury.

medford
03-02-2012, 12:04 PM
last year's predictions:

1) Bruce jumps out to a hot start, and makes the All Star team. Slows a bit as the season wears on, but still tops 35 homers and a .900 OPS.

2) Aroldis Chapman hits 107 on a juiced up scoreboard radar reading sometime in June or July. A segment of "The art of the game" with Chris Welsh is lated taped where Arolids explains his technique. Chris Carpentar's son is forced to watch.

3) Pujols is traded to the Yankees in by the trading deadline.

So I kind of came close on #1. If meatloaf thinks 2 out of 3 ain't bad, he must think I suck. None the less, I'll take a swing again.

1) Latos, Cueto, Leake & Homer combine for 65 wins.

2) Chapmann never starts a game in cincy this year, but is invaluable out of pen down the stretch

3) Dusty Baker's contract is renewed around the all star break. The Redszone servers melt down 1 hour later.

RBA
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
1. Dislocated Cardinal fans get upset when the Cardinals games are bypass on ESPN and Fox for Angels games.

2. Molinda will again acts childish at a Reds Game. (not really a bold prediction, is it?)

3. Pujols' numbers will drop big time facing American League pitching/ballparks and the absence of his special 'vitamins'.

cincrazy
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Reds related:

1. Mesoraco has a breakout season, and by the end of the season is slotted in between Votto and Bruce, finally giving the team the middle-of-the-order RH bat it's been seeking.

2. Homer Bailey wins 15+ games and finally stays healthy for a full season.

3. Scott Rolen gets hurt early in the season and is unproductive, but Walt swings a trade before the deadline to solidify the position.

MLB related:

1. The Nationals and Marlins aren't nearly as good as everyone believes they are, particularly the Marlins.

2. The Cardinals make the playoffs as a wild card team and are eliminated by the Braves in a one-game playoff as the Braves extract some revenge for last season.

3. The Pirates have their first winning season since 1889, and with a wave of prospects on the horizon, finally give their fans hope for the future.

REDREAD
03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
1. Arroyo bounces back. Gives the team 200 IP with around a 4.00-4.50 ERA
2. Ludwick makes Walt look good.
3. Cozart has a disappointing offensive season. Not Janish bad, but weak.

4. (Not so bold) The Reds bullpen becomes a huge advantage and helps secure a division title.

RedsManRick
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
1) Homer Bailey is the team's 2nd best starter behind Latos
2) Scott Rolen plays in 120+ games
3) Chris Heisey hits lefties better than righties

WildcatFan
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
1. Jeff Francis gets a start in the postseason
2. Stubbs has a 30-30 season
3. Three words: Wire to Wire

Scrap Irony
03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
1. Joey Votto dominates the league and is widely considered among the top two or three players in all of baseball. Silver Slugger, Gold Glove, and MVP.

2. Zack Cozart shines as a regular, winning the Rookie of the Year in a really weak National League field, with a 245/310/425 season. Meanwhile Devin Mesoraco struggles, hitting pop ups instead of big flies. He's replaced after two ineffectual months with Dioner Navarro who plays really well.

3. Scott Rolen hits well-- when healthy. However, he only plays 65 games. Fortunately for the Reds, both Frazier and Francisco hit well in his absence. Red 3B top 30 HR for the year, with an OPS over 800.

RedlegJake
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
1. Rolen stays healthy and plays 130 games, gold glove caliber defense with a bit less range but his bat is crucial in the middle of the order.

2. Zack Cozart struggles early but adjusts and by the end of May begins to hit and ends the season with a .270/.345/.455 line. Devin Mesoraco struggles and goes down to AAA for more seasoning, Navarro comes up to take his place. Hanigan does the bulk of catching playing 110 games. Mes returns in time in late August to be playoff eligible and this time he hammers the ball.

3. Latos/Cueto/Bailey and Leake emerge as one of the NL's best 1 thru 4 starting rotations, with Arroyo giving the Reds an innings eating 5th starter at a league average ERA. It's the pitching that propels the Reds to the division title and the NL pennant with a lockdown bullpen that is the best in baseball. Health issues are moderate and Francis and Brackman pitch extremely well when called upon. Chapman stays down until late August and returns to be playoff eligible. Aroldis pitches well as a starter but not overwhelmingly so - he has issues as he learns new pitches and works on command but is much improved and ready to take the hill when he makes his first start on August 20th.

4. Jay Bruce becomes a true offensive force - 40 homers 135 rbi to go with Votto's 1.010 OPS season.

5. The Reds go in first place to stay on August 8th. Their final celebration is when Madson records the final out of the World Series. Mesoraco is the surprise Series MVP.

Ghosts of 1990
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
1. Chris Heisey will hit more home runs than either Jay Bruce OR Drew Stubbs, but not both.

2. Sean Marshall will do an Arthur Rhodes 2010 impression.

3. Reds will play a postseason game.... they'll be one of the 5 NL teams in the playoffs.

CesarGeronimo
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
1. Bronson Arroyo doesn't have the best overall stats but gets strong run support, weasels his way out of jams and leads the team in wins.

2. Brandon Phillips gets on base at .350 clip and leads the league in runs after being slotted permanently in the leadoff spot for the first time in his career. Dusty gushes that he's always wanted a runs hogger at the top of the order.

3. Mike Leake raises his game in a major way -- he is arrested for stealing a 911 from Porsche of Kings Auto Mall. He explains that he just wanted to take the car for a test drive and the dealership was too busy to help him so he found the keys and took it out on his own.

Captain Hook
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
1. Bronson Arroyo doesn't have the best overall stats but gets strong run support, weasels his way out of jams and leads the team in wins.

2. Brandon Phillips gets on base at .350 clip and leads the league in runs after being slotted permanently in the leadoff spot for the first time in his career. Dusty gushes that he's always wanted a runs hogger at the top of the order.

3. Mike Leake raises his game in a major way -- he is arrested for stealing a 911 from Porsche of Kings Auto Mall. He explains that he just wanted to take the car for a test drive and the dealership was too busy to help him so he found the keys and took it out on his own.

So is that like the opposite of a "base clogger"?

Edd Roush
03-02-2012, 11:37 PM
1. Ryan Ludwick hits 30 home runs.

2. Homer Bailey has more wins than Johnny Cueto.

3. Devin Mesoraco wins Rookie of the Year.

camisadelgolf
03-03-2012, 12:56 AM
My 2011 predictions were so bad that I should be disqualified from making more:

1.) Ramon Hernandez is traded.
2.) Aroldis Chapman starts the conversion to starter around August.
3.) The Cubs finish better than fourth place.

Degenerate39
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
1. Bruce his 40 home runs and beats out Votto for the MVP
2. Latos and Cueto combine for 37 wins
3. Devin wins Rookie of the Year

_Sir_Charles_
03-03-2012, 02:04 PM
1. Bruce his 40 home runs and beats out Votto for the MVP
2. Latos and Cueto combine for 37 wins
3. Devin wins Rookie of the Year

Me likey! :O)

OnBaseMachine
03-03-2012, 02:15 PM
1. Jay Bruce hits 40 homers

2. Devin Mesoraco hits 20 HR and wins the NL Rookie of the Year

3. Aroldis Chapman makes 10 starts and posts an ERA below 4.00 in those starts.

CesarGeronimo
03-03-2012, 09:13 PM
So is that like the opposite of a "base clogger"?

Yes, it's the opposite in Dustyspeak, but it's also actually the same thing as a base clogger except with the acknowledgment that base cloggers actually score bunches of runs, so they are renamed runs hoggers.

03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Reds:

Stubbs is a 5+ win player for 2012

Francis wins 10 games as he replaces Bailey in the starting rotation, either due to injury or ineffectiveness.

Rolen hits 25+ homers, retires at the end of the year.

MLB:

Pirates make the playoffs in the extended format

Dodgers win NL West

Carpenter and Wainwright win less than 15 games combined as Cardinals finish below .500. (Sorry Mike and Matty, luck evens out eventually ;))

edabbs44
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Homer busts out for 15 Ws and a full season of health.

NLCS comes to Cincy this season.

Mesoraco struggles and finds himself on the short side of the platoon early.

George Anderson
03-03-2012, 11:27 PM
1) All bobblehead nights will be a sell out though the park will only be half full.

2) Marty will be a cantankerous grouch all season.

3) Several Banana Phone callers will ask Marty why Sean Casey isn't in Cooperstown.

RANDY IN INDY
03-04-2012, 07:40 AM
1) All bobblehead nights will be a sell out though the park will only be half full.

2) Marty will be a cantankerous grouch all season.

3) Several Banana Phone callers will ask Marty why Sean Casey isn't in Cooperstown.

:laugh:

Roy Tucker
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
1.) Sean Marshall and Ryan Madson get known at the M Boys and rival the Nasty Boys for bullpen effectiveness. The Reds win 65 of their first 100 games and coast to the pennant.

2.) Scott Rolen goes down early, but Juan Francisco has a 30 HR season and drives Reds fans nuts with his sometimes lackadaisical play.

3.) Bronson Arroyo is deemed exrea baggage and is traded at the deadline for Marlon Byrd.

VR
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Arroyo has a sub 4 earnie with a record over .500
Janish ops is ,700 +
Reds win the pennant

RANDY IN INDY
03-04-2012, 01:31 PM
1.) Sean Marshall and Ryan Madson get known at the M Boys and rival the Nasty Boys for bullpen effectiveness. The Reds win 65 of their first 100 games and coast to the pennant.

2.) Scott Rolen goes down early, but Juan Francisco has a 30 HR season and drives Reds fans nuts with his sometimes lackadaisical play.

3.) Bronson Arroyo is deemed exrea baggage and is traded at the deadline for Marlon Byrd.

M & M T-shirts, maybe?

Roy Tucker
03-04-2012, 02:12 PM
M & M T-shirts, maybe?

Randy, I think you need to (tm) that quick.

:thumbup:

RANDY IN INDY
03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I think that maybe the original "M & M Boys," Mantle and Maris did it first.;)

paulrichjr
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Volquez wins more games than Latos

The Reds get into the playoffs as the extra wild card

The Reds get into the playoffs so Dusty gets extended for 2 more seasons which leads to a crash of the Redszone servers.

corkedbat
03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
1. The Reds lose the World Series in the 9th inning of the 7th game of the World Series to the Texas Rangers on a Josh Hamilton.

2. Optomism abounds as attendance tops 2.6M. Bob Castellini is so inspired that on December 20, 2012 he goes out and re-signs Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips and Ryan Madison and signs Cole Hammels, Matt Cain, David Wright and Josh Hamilton.

3. December 21, 2012. The World ends. :runaway:

Damn Mayans! :evil:

marcshoe
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM

2. Votto signs ltc.

Looks like number two is close to being reality, and number three will eventually come at least partly true.Then it's all up to Homer!

MikeThierry
04-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Carpenter and Wainwright win less than 15 games combined as Cardinals finish below .500. (Sorry Mike and Matty, luck evens out eventually )

I don't know if you would call the Cards dominance in the division luck. During the time of TLR and Duncan, the Cards averaged the 3rd best ERA in baseball. That simply isn't luck.

It's ok though, the Cards won't blow 200000000 leads this season due to a better bullpen and will still win even if Carp and Waino win less than 15 games. :p

Vottomatic
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Mid-May, Reds trade for Koji Uehara to bolster the bullpen.

reds44
04-03-2012, 07:21 PM
1. Votto/Bruce/Heisey combined for 100+ HRs.
2. Arroyo wins more than he loses.
3. Cozart wins ROY.

JaxRed
04-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Phillies finish 3rd (or lower) in NL East. Pujols sets a career low in HR's. NY Yankees do not make the playoffs.

powersackers
04-03-2012, 10:34 PM
1) Latos 4.50 ERA, 10-12 record
2) Rolen starts 64 games exactly and retires after the season
3) Bruce is streaky and can't hit .270

04-03-2012, 11:00 PM
I don't know if you would call the Cards dominance in the division luck. During the time of TLR and Duncan, the Cards averaged the 3rd best ERA in baseball. That simply isn't luck.

It's ok though, the Cards won't blow 200000000 leads this season due to a better bullpen and will still win even if Carp and Waino win less than 15 games. :p

You're right, it was more than just luck ;-) (btw, just kidding)

http://chrisbourg.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/markmcguire-gotjuice.jpg

MikeThierry
04-04-2012, 11:59 AM
You're right, it was more than just luck ;-) (btw, just kidding)

http://chrisbourg.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/markmcguire-gotjuice.jpg

LOL that's hilarious hahaha :)

MikeThierry
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I have a late bold prediction. Pujols will win the AL MVP and will win the AL Triple Crown. From recent quotes in interviews with him, he is still hurt over what happened in the off season. This guy plays with the biggest chip on his shoulder than any player I have seen. Everytime someone makes him angry, he performs better in the field. It's like he is always trying to prove people wrong. An angry Pujols is a player that no pitcher can get out. I fear for AL West pitchers this season.

JaxRed
11-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Phillies finish 3rd (or lower) in NL East. Pujols sets a career low in HR's. NY Yankees do not make the playoffs.

Thought I'd re-visit this. I hit on 2 of 3. My predictions were all based on age catching up to the teams/players.

It's almost hard to remember how much of a juggernaut the Phillies were going into the season. In 2011 they had won 102 games and won the East by 13 games.

Espn had 50 analysts predict 2012 and 14 of the 50 had Phillies in World Series
27 had Phillies winning division and 44 of 50 had them in the playoffs.

But I suspected age (and those injuries that come with age) would take it's toll.

Depth Chart heading into season:

C - Ruiz Age 33
1b - Howard 32 and coming off Achilles
2b - Utley 33 and injury plagued
SS - Rollins 33
3b - Polanco 36
LF - Pierre 34
CF - Victorino 31
RF - Pence 29
SP - Hamels 28
SP - Halladday 35
SP - Lee 34
SP - Blanton - 31
SP - Worley 24

That meant that 7 of 8 positions and 3 of 5 starters were 31 or older.

Pujuols - This was age related also. Pujols was 32 heading into season, and all of his stats had taken a steady 3 year decline. His career low in homers was 34 and he'd just hit 37. I thought he was a good bet to go below 34. In fact he ended up at 30, and all of his numbers now demonstrate a 4 year decline.

I expect his numbers to take a slight uptick in 2013 as he both started and ended the year in a bad slump, but after the slight uptick in 2013, the decline will resume. It's going to get ugly folks. The Cards dodged a bullet on this one.

I was wrong on the Yanks but not by a lot. They did not clinch a playoff spot till 2 days left in season. Their age was starting to get exposed. Barring an infusion of talent 2013 will be the non playoff year.

Their depth chart heading into 2012
C- Martin 29
1b - Texeria - 32
2b - Cano 29
SS - Jeter - 37
3b - Rodriguez - 36
LF - Gardner 28
CF - Granderson - 31
RF - Swisher - 31
SP - Sabathia - 31
SP - Kuroda 37
SP - Hughes - 25
SP - Nova -25
SP - Garcia - 35

Yanks were able to hold off Father Time for one last season, with Jeter having a far better year than in years previous and Granderson, Ibanez, Kuroda among others having good years. But....

heading into 2013:
Texeria has had 4 straight years of decline. His decline was extreme in 2012 so he may even improve a little but the trend is down
Cano had his career year at age 30, so he'll probable decline this year
Jeter would have declined anyway but now he also has an injury
Rodriguez - has now had 6 straight years of decline
Granderson - Although at a very high level, most of Grandersons numbers decined in 2012, so he'll probably start declining
Swisher/Suzuki - Swisher is a FA. If he signs he's a candidate to start declining and the alternative (Suzuki) is 39 and a shell of his former self.

even a lot of the replacements are old: Mariano wants to come back at age 42, Petitte may return (again) at age 40, Ibanez is 40 Andru Jones is 35.
They have a ton of old FA's on the team. Lowe, Chavez

If Brian Cashman really does NOT have an open checkbook available to him this year, we might see how good a GM he really is (or is not).

Scrap Irony
11-18-2012, 12:40 PM
1. Joey Votto dominates the league and is widely considered among the top two or three players in all of baseball. Silver Slugger, Gold Glove, and MVP.

2. Zack Cozart shines as a regular, winning the Rookie of the Year in a really weak National League field, with a 245/310/425 season. Meanwhile Devin Mesoraco struggles, hitting pop ups instead of big flies. He's replaced after two ineffectual months with Dioner Navarro who plays really well.

3. Scott Rolen hits well-- when healthy. However, he only plays 65 games. Fortunately for the Reds, both Frazier and Francisco hit well in his absence. Red 3B top 30 HR for the year, with an OPS over 800.

Pretty close.

1) Had Votto stayed healthy, he's have walked away with the MVP.

2) Cozart's final numbers (.246/ .288/ .399) were close, and he should have been in the running for ROY, IMO, but I didn't see Wade Miley's season or the call-up of the wunderkiknd in Washington. I nailed the Mesoraco post, though I missed the amount of time it took.

3) Rolen did play well when healthy (in the second half). And, between them, Frazier and Francisco were close to 800, though not quite over it. They just missed the 30 HR as well.

edabbs44
11-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Homer busts out for 15 Ws and a full season of health.

NLCS comes to Cincy this season.

Mesoraco struggles and finds himself on the short side of the platoon early.

Not shabby. 13 Ws and a full season from Homer. Cincy one game from the NLCS. Mes struggles.

mth123
11-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Not sure what qualifies as bold so I'll increase the "boldness" as I go.

1. Ryan Ludwick hits 25 Home Runs and provides the 3rd middle of the line-up bat that the team has been missing.

2. Homer Bailey is sidelined for the season before Memorial Day with shoulder problems.

3. Matt Latos steps forward to become a true number 1 starter with an ERA below 3.00 with 20 Wins and 225 K's and becomes the Reds' first ever Cy Young Winner leading the Reds through the post season by outdueling Halladay twirce in the NLCS and Sabathia twice in the World Series.

1 out of 3. Really glad I was wrong about number 2. Year early on number 3.

RedsManRick
11-18-2012, 02:37 PM
1) Homer Bailey is the team's 2nd best starter behind Latos
2) Scott Rolen plays in 120+ games
3) Chris Heisey hits lefties better than righties

1 of 3 for me

1) Bailey was the 3rd best SP, settled closely behind Latos and ahead of Arroyo, way behind Cueto -- INCORRECT
2) Rolen played in 92 games -- INCORRECT
3) Heisey hit .274/.315/.512 vL compared to .262/.314/.365 vR -- CORRECT

marcshoe
11-18-2012, 03:46 PM

2. Votto signs ltc.

2 out of 3. I gave upon Arroyo too soon, but I should get extra points for the Votto ltc.

Vottomatic
11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
1. Ryan Ludwick hits 25 Home Runs and Jay Bruce hits 35 HR's but falls short of 100 rbi.

2. Homer Bailey wins 12 games with a sub-4.00 e.r.a.

3. Todd Frazier fills in for an injured Scott Rolen and then an injured Joey Votto and nearly wins the ROY award.

;) :p :laugh: :thumbup:

REDREAD
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM
1. Arroyo bounces back. Gives the team 200 IP with around a 4.00-4.50 ERA
2. Ludwick makes Walt look good.
3. Cozart has a disappointing offensive season. Not Janish bad, but weak.

4. (Not so bold) The Reds bullpen becomes a huge advantage and helps secure a division title.

Well, I was too pessmisstic on Cozart, Glad I was wrong on that one.

Got the others right :)

Edd Roush
11-19-2012, 10:57 AM
1. Ryan Ludwick hits 30 home runs.

2. Homer Bailey has more wins than Johnny Cueto.

3. Devin Mesoraco wins Rookie of the Year.

So I missed on all three of my predictions. I was more bullish on Ludwick and Bailey than others at the time and both played key roles in this team. Hopefully Mes rebounds this off-season and is a key contributor in 2013.

PuffyPig
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
So I missed on all three of my predictions. I was more bullish on Ludwick and Bailey than others at the time and both played key roles in this team. Hopefully Mes rebounds this off-season and is a key contributor in 2013.

In my mind you got Bailey and Ludwick doing well correct, and Cueto and Mess wrong.

JaxRed
11-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Pretty close.

1) Had Votto stayed healthy, he's have walked away with the MVP.

2) Cozart's final numbers (.246/ .288/ .399) were close, and he should have been in the running for ROY, IMO, but I didn't see Wade Miley's season or the call-up of the wunderkiknd in Washington. I nailed the Mesoraco post, though I missed the amount of time it took.

3) Rolen did play well when healthy (in the second half). And, between them, Frazier and Francisco were close to 800, though not quite over it. They just missed the 30 HR as well.

You are an easy grader.....:D

Edd Roush
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
In my mind you got Bailey and Ludwick doing well correct, and Cueto and Mess wrong.

I was way more wrong on Mes than Cueto. Going into last year, I expected Cueto to be our third best performer in the rotation, which he clearly proved me wrong on, but I did expect Mes to be our 5th best bat, which he most certainly was not.

WildcatFan
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
1. Jeff Francis gets a start in the postseason
2. Stubbs has a 30-30 season
3. Three words: Wire to Wire

Well Stubbs stole 30 bases, so I'll just give myself a B-