PDA

View Full Version : 30 Clubs in 30 Days: Cincinnati Reds - on right now (8pm Tuesday)

Dan
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
The show is on MLB Network right now.

Dan
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
For those that want to DVR, it looks like the show will be on again at 1am Friday morning.

blumj
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm seeing both 6 AM & PM tomorrow on the program guide, too.

03-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I know it's been asked before, but how does Greg Amsinger have a job?

Still good show, they did a nice job breaking down the team. Only real complaint, they miked Stubbs, probably the last guy on the team who I want to hear. I think they caught him saying around 17 words the whole day lol.

MikeThierry
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I know it's been asked before, but how does Greg Amsinger have a job?

Still good show, they did a nice job breaking down the team. Only real complaint, they miked Stubbs, probably the last guy on the team who I want to hear. I think they caught him saying around 17 words the whole day lol.

Because Greg Amsinger is awesome maybe? I find Mitch Williams infinitely more annoying than Amsinger.

*BaseClogger*
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Because Greg Amsinger is awesome maybe? I find Mitch Williams infinitely more annoying than Amsinger.

Williams is the type of "analyst" ESPN employs. I wish The Network wouldn't stoop to their level.

Amsinger is just a mediocre anchor who plays second fiddle to Vasgersian (sp?)...

MikeThierry
03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Williams is the type of "analyst" ESPN employs. I wish The Network wouldn't stoop to their level.

Amsinger is just a mediocre anchor who plays second fiddle to Vasgersian (sp?)...

Vasgersian annoys me, probably because I have to hear his voice all the time when I play The Show.

*BaseClogger*
03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Vasgersian annoys me, probably because I have to hear his voice all the time when I play The Show.

I hope that is the reason why, because I think he's great...

Redsfan320
03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I hope that is the reason why, because I think he's great...

Agreed, I think he's one of the game's most underrated pbp guys.

BTW, the show was pretty good, but Amsinger annoys me too.

WildcatFan
03-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know if you can stream these shows with an MLB.tv subscription?

MikeThierry
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Agreed, I think he's one of the game's most underrated pbp guys.

BTW, the show was pretty good, but Amsinger annoys me too.

Does him being a Cards fan probably shape your view of him?

Reds1
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Great show. Anytime a network spends a full half an hour talking about the Reds I'm happy. There is definately high hopes and some believe they will win the central. It wasn't necessarily new information. I did like to hear Rolen talk about his range of motion is the best he's had in 4-5 yeares and he is expecting it to help him at the plate. Also cool a part where Latos said Chapman wanted to see his grip on change up and he was using it and loved it. Some good stuff.

RichRed
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Amsinger strikes me as the guy in high school whose idea of high comedy was to knock the books out of a freshman's hands.

MikeThierry
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Amsinger strikes me as the guy in high school whose idea of high comedy was to knock the books out of a freshman's hands.

Vasgergian also seems really plastic to me and kind of boring.

OnBaseMachine
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Greg Amsinger is highly annoying. He's about the only one on MLB Network I don't like. Matt Vasgersian is terrific. Great voice and hilarious at the same time.

Edit - yeah Mitch Williams can be annoying at times too.

cinreds21
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I personally love Amsinger's voice.

AtomicDumpling
03-07-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't mind Amsinger but he is the weakest link. Vasgersian is very good. I actually like Mitch Williams. They have a very good group of analysts on the shows. I really, really like the MLB Network. It beats the crap out of ESPN.

*BaseClogger*
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't mind Amsinger but he is the weakest link. Vasgersian is very good. I actually like Mitch Williams. They have a very good group of analysts on the shows. I really, really like the MLB Network. It beats the crap out of ESPN.

Erm... you like Mitch Williams?

cincinnati chili
03-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Anybody think it's odd that they didn't interview Dusty? Or did that happen while I was using the john?

Vasgergian is outstanding, and has a limitless ceiling. I'm talking next-Bob-Costas type of ceiling. He knows baseball, he's personable, he's articulate, what's not to like?

Mitch every so often will make a point that I don't think he even believes is true; he just throws it out there to be controversial.

In terms of former players, I love Plesac; Eric Byrnes is a mess.

*BaseClogger*
03-08-2012, 07:25 AM

I think Leiter is my favorite former player. What they really should do is wrestle Hersheiser away from ESPN...

mattfeet
03-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I cannot stand Mitch Williams (mainly due to his bobbleheadedness) and Eric Byrnes who looks like he's full-throttle all the time. Dude needs to calm that down.

-Matt

Nasty_Boy
03-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I love seeing so much in depth stuff about the Reds, even if it's stuff that most Redszoner's already know... Some of the little inaccuracies from the commentators annoy me and it makes me think they don't do their homework. For instance, John Hart saying Cozart missed time with an injured shoulder last season. All in all, I really enjoyed watching the show.

As for Amsinger, I could take him or leave him. He doesn't make things unwatchable for me, but he can get on the nerves. Mitch Williams on the other hand... He drives me up a wall! I'll never forget in late in 2010 the Reds were on MLB network in Colorado for a Thursday game... The game that they lost with the guy stealing home. Early in the game Williams was singing Gomes praises and said he was a "right handed Joey Votto." That was enough for me to turn him off.

WildcatFan
03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I just watched a couple of the clips from the 30 in 30, and Madson had an interesting comment that I'm not sure has been brought up here. He said Aroldis asked him how to throw his changeup, tried it out in some bullpen sessions, and said he really liked it (sidenote: Madson's impression of Aroldis is hilarious).

I know there's almost zero chance we see a changeup from him, but let's say he starts in Louisville and throws it every once in a while? What would a 90 mph changeup do to a hitter expecting 102?

JaxRed
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
The thing I felt was most interesting was Rolen talking about how he feels so much better after his surgery. Better range of motion than last 2-3 years. Gave me some hope that he's not "done".

westofyou
03-08-2012, 09:39 AM

If they were dogs Dan would be a Golden Retriever, Byrnes one of those over-the-top, too strung out Australian Shepards

Sea Ray
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I cannot stand Mitch Williams (mainly due to his bobbleheadedness) and Eric Byrnes who looks like he's full-throttle all the time. Dude needs to calm that down.

-Matt

As a player Mitch Williams was the poster child for the saying "million dollar arm, 10 cent brain". He's one of a few athletes that leave me scratching my head as to how anyone could have thought it was a good idea to put them in the studio. Michael Irvin and Keyshawn Johnson are a couple others

blumj
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
If they were dogs Dan would be a Golden Retriever, Byrnes one of those over-the-top, too strung out Australian Shepards
My dog is very Eric Byrnes, over-the-top is much more appealing in a dog.

MikeThierry
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM

This is probably a cheap shot but every time I watch Byrnes, I think to myself "this guy is on some sort of drug".

_Sir_Charles_
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
I just watched a couple of the clips from the 30 in 30, and Madson had an interesting comment that I'm not sure has been brought up here. He said Aroldis asked him how to throw his changeup, tried it out in some bullpen sessions, and said he really liked it (sidenote: Madson's impression of Aroldis is hilarious).

I know there's almost zero chance we see a changeup from him, but let's say he starts in Louisville and throws it every once in a while? What would a 90 mph changeup do to a hitter expecting 102?

Any pitcher that can get a 10 mph separation on their change-up is a VERY happy pitcher. IMO, that's what you shoot for.

camisadelgolf
03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Mitch Williams isn't very smart, has trouble staying on topic, and spouts of nonsense at times. He's not even very good for an amateur. As for Byrnes, I find his energy refreshing, but his analyses disappoint me a lot of times.

Spoiler alert: according to BP, Miguel Cairo is the person least likely on the team to pick up the check at a restaurant. Ryan Ludwick and Mat Latos said the other one was the least likely on the team, but I'm sure they said that only because they know each other better than the rest of the players.

RedsManRick
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Anybody know if it's going to be shown again? I set it to record but got treated to a Dodgers game instead...

Kc61
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Anybody know if it's going to be shown again? I set it to record but got treated to a Dodgers game instead...

I thought I saw it for very early Monday morning. Check the listings. I set my DVR, but don't remember the exact time.

JaxRed
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
4 AM. Thanks

nate
03-11-2012, 11:38 PM
It was available as video on demand on AT&T UVerse.

cincinnati chili
03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
This is probably a cheap shot but every time I watch Byrnes, I think to myself "this guy is on some sort of drug".

Not a cheap shot. Even if you're wrong, he gives you every reason to believe you are right.

I think the drug might be meth, chased by eleven cans of Mountain Dew.

MikeThierry
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Not a cheap shot. Even if you're wrong, he gives you every reason to believe you are right.

I think the drug might be meth, chased by eleven cans of Mountain Dew.

haha I'm glad I'm not alone here. When watching him, I'm wondering if he is from Jefferson County, Missouri which is the leading producer of meth in the country (I believe, its up there at least).

I(heart)Freel
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I also see Thursday (3/15) AT 8am. DVR... go!