PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate the Reds Gift Shop?

brm7675
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
I was over in cincy this past weekend getting my HOF membership and such and took some time to walk around the gift shop and really check out both what was there and prices and I have come to the belief that overall the Reds Gift shop offerings and prices are well...not that good. I have had the chance to attend games at a high number of other MLB stadiums and have found overall the Reds as lacking. They don't cater to the big folk like myself as I have seen other teams do with larger sizes. Their selection of say hats is well not very big and prices...the new ST Hats they had in which were nice were priced at $36 per hat. I have bought hats in a number other places/stadiums and never paid that for a hat.

On this visit on the second floor which during season has game used stuff (in my opinion WAY over priced on many items) wasn't there, just more bland t-shirts. I guess after visiting places like Milwaukee, Detroit, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, Philly and such and see the variety and such at those places I just kinda wished my own favorite team offered a bit more in their gift shop.....

Oh and lets not even go into the Concession cups which at one time were collectable and nice are now horrible to even just hold trying to climb the stairs...

jwmann2
03-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Which one did you go to? The one at the entrance with the spiral staircase? The one inside the stadium in the corner is smaller but better in my opinion. Have only been to great american ballpark so I can't speak of other ballparks.

brm7675
03-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I have been to both and I do agree the smaller one down the 3rd base line is a bit better, still lacks what I see from other parks...

brad1176
03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
I agree, the Reds gift shops are not up to par with others I've seen. San Diego has some pretty nice shops with a lot of different merchandise, plus the shop that is down the left field line has a door that you can go through and step onto the field (you're behind the fence, but it's still an awesome view!)