PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Interviews

RedsfaninMT
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
on Mlbnetworkradio today. They were featuring the Padres and the interview with Alonso left me very impressed.

And if you believe the Padres catcher, Volquez is throwing 96 with good control, having bought into the Padres philosophy that "throwing fastballs to location is the key." So why didn't he accept that as a Red???

Didn't hear Boxberger interviewed/discussed, but Alonso raved about Grandal and his impressive hitting abilities.

I sure hope Latos impresses, or...

Nathan
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
What's done is done. I'm sure every athlete in spring training are very optimistic of their season, otherwise, I'd question their competitiveness. When the real games start, and they are facing legit competition, then we shall see.

That said, I truly hope that the trade works out very well for both the Reds and the Padres.

RedsfaninMT
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
What's done is done. I'm sure every athlete in spring training are very optimistic of their season, otherwise, I'd question their competitiveness. When the real games start, and they are facing legit competition, then we shall see.

That said, I truly hope that the trade works out very well for both the Reds and the Padres.

Couldn't agree more. Houston Street made the same point, basically saying he believed the Padres would win their division, and saying something along the lines of if you don't believe that as a player, then you don't deserve to be playing."