PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Now Available on Xbox 360

savafan
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/213320/141/Microsoft-adds-HBO-MLB-Comcast-to-Xbox-Live

NEW YORK, N.Y. (Daniel Johnson, Missouri Sports Magazine) – MLB Advanced Media, L.P., the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, announced that MLB.TV is available on Microsoft’s Xbox 360. MLB.TV, the Internet’s most prolific live streaming video subscription offering, is marking its 10th year of service and in the past two years has delivered over 500 million live video streams.

Beginning today, MLB.TV Premium subscribers will have access to all available Spring Training games and every out-of-market regular season game on Xbox 360* as well as portability support to use their accounts across a variety of mobile and connected platforms. In addition, MLB.TV Premium subscribers get the award-winning MLB.com At Bat 12 mobile application for free on iPhone, iPad and Android.

More at link

SirFelixCat
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
I think the catch, here, is that you have to have a paid-for Gold Subscription to XBOX Live.

Caseyfan21
03-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I think the catch, here, is that you have to have a paid-for Gold Subscription to XBOX Live.

Yep. That's how everything that's offered for Xbox is. I have Xbox 360 but I have no interest in playing online so requiring me to buy an annual subscription is ridiculous. I bought the new Apple TV to stream the games this year. Love it so far.

SirFelixCat
03-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Yep. That's how everything that's offered for Xbox is. I have Xbox 360 but I have no interest in playing online so requiring me to buy an annual subscription is ridiculous. I bought the new Apple TV to stream the games this year. Love it so far.

Agreed.

PS3 = free :)

I have all 3 systems, but the PS3 gets most of my time, outside of gaming, for the free aspect.:thumbup:

gilpdawg
03-29-2012, 12:46 AM
I have a PS3, but I use Roku to stream mlb.tv. Mostly because the Roku takes my second HDMI slot most of the time so to use the PS3 I have to unhook the Roku, so I just use the Roku and the PS3 only gets used for gaming and Blu Ray.

reds1869
03-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I have a PS3, but I use Roku to stream mlb.tv. Mostly because the Roku takes my second HDMI slot most of the time so to use the PS3 I have to unhook the Roku, so I just use the Roku and the PS3 only gets used for gaming and Blu Ray.

I'm thinking of buying a Roku to stream Amazon Prime videos, MLB.tv and HBO Go. Do you like yours pretty well?

gilpdawg
03-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Roku to stream Amazon Prime videos, MLB.tv and HBO Go. Do you like yours pretty well?

Yes I do. I also use it for NBA league pass broadband if you are into hoops.

reds1869
03-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes I do. I also use it for NBA league pass broadband if you are into hoops.

Glad to hear it, thanks for the input!

Johnny Footstool
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Do you have to have Premium to view mlb.tv on PS3?

gilpdawg
03-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Do you have to have Premium to view mlb.tv on PS3?

I believe you have to have the premium to view on anything other than a computer. Well worth the extra 15 bucks. If you're paying that much already, might as well get the premium.

Johnny Footstool
03-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I believe you have to have the premium to view on anything other than a computer. Well worth the extra 15 bucks. If you're paying that much already, might as well get the premium.

Done! Thanks!