PDA

View Full Version : Sean Marshall actually CAN pitch well three days in a row

dougdirt
03-28-2012, 08:24 PM
As most of you recall, Dusty Baker said that he was told that Marshall doesn't pitch well three days in a row. Marshall countered by saying he has done it and seems to recall doing well with it.

RedlegNation.com's Steve Mancuso checked (http://redlegnation.com/2012/03/28/marshall-baker-and-stubborn-facts/).

Based on easy-to-check game logs, he pitched on three consecutive dates eleven times since then (becoming a reliever). In those eleven appearances, he did not give up a single run. Not one.

Summary: 0.00 ERA, 0.85 WHIP and 3.5 K/BB

Another time where Dusty just talks and expects no one to check on what he says?

mattfeet
03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow. Interesting.

03-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Dusty says lots of things, literally. I stopped paying attention to most of them many seasons ago. I think it's clear Dusty wants his shiny new toy, Chapman, to be the closer and is doing his best politicking to get him.

traderumor
03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
As most of you recall, Dusty Baker said that he was told that Marshall doesn't pitch well three days in a row. Marshall countered by saying he has done it and seems to recall doing well with it.

RedlegNation.com's Steve Mancuso checked (http://redlegnation.com/2012/03/28/marshall-baker-and-stubborn-facts/).

Another time where Dusty just talks and expects no one to check on what he says?
Yea, this is important. Time for games to start.

Nasty_Boy
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Important? No... But it's relevant because Dusty made the comment. If he doesn't talk out of his rear then this isn't a thread. All he has to say on the closer situation is they are exploring all options and different pitchers, even Marshall, have been discussed. A big deal shouldn't be made about this, but it will fly back at Dusty at some point. Whether it's Marshall pitching well 3 straight days or another pitcher failing when Marshall is available. It's just another Dusty-ism that makes me shake my head and wish he'd not talk so much. :)

jojo
03-28-2012, 11:37 PM
I think it's just curious where Dusty gets some of this stuff. The statements attributed to him about Marshall seem very specific...

03-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I think it's just curious where Dusty gets some of this stuff. The statements attributed to him about Marshall seem very specific...

Well, Dusty did that he was told this, so I guess someone should ask him who told hiim. Maybe it was Theo Epstein, because he wants tne Reds to waste Chapman in the closers role?

VR
03-29-2012, 12:19 AM
How did he pitch after the three consecutive days. That would be the concern.

Tom Servo
03-29-2012, 12:24 AM
I generally assume most pitchers who aren't Francisco Cordero are capable of doing it.

dougdirt
03-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Yea, this is important. Time for games to start.

I think it is rather important that the person making the decision on how to use players doesn't actually know this. Maybe you don't.

edabbs44
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Dusty didn't really say what he is being accused of saying.

jojo
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Dusty didn't really say what he is being accused of saying.

“Your closer ideally can go three or four days in a row. That’s how closing goes. Then he might not get work for a week. There are very few guys out there that have gone three, four, five days in a row. I was told that with (Sean) Marshall, you’ve got to try to stay away from him going three days in a row.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/03/26/no-decision-on-closer/

Cedric
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm tired of everything Dusty does at this point. He comes across incredibly arrogant and nowhere near flexible enough to have this job. Luckily even a terrible manager can't screw up a very talented team and I realize he must be good with the players.

I just don't like this man leading my favorite sports team.

_Sir_Charles_
03-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Now, let's be fair. He didn't say he couldn't...he said he was TOLD he couldn't. It also didn't say that he wouldn't find out for himself either.

Looking at what he said exactly...did he say anything that wasn't true? No. Sometimes I feel like we throw Dusty under the bus just because we can. Sometimes, he deserves it. Not here.

(not directed at you doug...just a general complaint)

edabbs44
03-29-2012, 09:09 AM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/03/26/no-decision-on-closer/

Maybe it has to do with the health of his arm.

In 2010, Marshall threw on 3 consecutive days 4 times from April to July. He's done it twice since.

dougdirt
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Now, let's be fair. He didn't say he couldn't...he said he was TOLD he couldn't. It also didn't say that he wouldn't find out for himself either.

Looking at what he said exactly...did he say anything that wasn't true? No. Sometimes I feel like we throw Dusty under the bus just because we can. Sometimes, he deserves it. Not here.

(not directed at you doug...just a general complaint)

Usually before I start saying things I heard that are easily verifiable, I verify them.

If this were the first or even second time that Dusty said something that was incorrect, it would be one thing.... but just as a Reds manager, this is probably the 50th. You can direct it at me if you want, because I do throw him under the bus every chance I get when he says something that is absolutely false when he could have easily checked it just like I could. Well, easier, because he probably has someone he can check it for him.

edabbs44
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Usually before I start saying things I heard that are easily verifiable, I verify them.

If this were the first or even second time that Dusty said something that was incorrect, it would be one thing.... but just as a Reds manager, this is probably the 50th. You can direct it at me if you want, because I do throw him under the bus every chance I get when he says something that is absolutely false when he could have easily checked it just like I could. Well, easier, because he probably has someone he can check it for him.

But did he say that he is historically ineffective when working 3 consecutive days?

dougdirt
03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
But did he say that he is historically ineffective when working 3 consecutive days?

I don't know exactly what he was trying to say, but I can't figure out what he would have been trying to say to make him any kind of correct about it. Marshall has done it and he has been incredibly effective while doing it.

bucksfan2
03-29-2012, 10:14 AM

Seriously??? Dusty is being asked questions every single day about certain things. In the comment JoJo posted Dusty said "he has been told" about Marshall. You don't think it takes a manager some time to get a feel for his players? Its gets a little old when people pick apart everything a manager says day in day out.

dougdirt
03-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Seriously??? Dusty is being asked questions every single day about certain things. In the comment JoJo posted Dusty said "he has been told" about Marshall. You don't think it takes a manager some time to get a feel for his players? Its gets a little old when people pick apart everything a manager says day in day out.

It gets old when a manager says things that are wrong all of the time too. It is his job to know these players inside and out. If a fan knows it, then he should know it. I don't know why that is some standard he shouldn't be held to.

edabbs44
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't know exactly what he was trying to say, but I can't figure out what he would have been trying to say to make him any kind of correct about it. Marshall has done it and he has been incredibly effective while doing it.

Everything isn't stat based.

Kc61
03-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't care if Dusty is correct about Marshall pitching three days in a row.

I do care that Dusty USES relievers three days in a row. He shouldn't.

Cedric
03-29-2012, 10:49 AM

The problem is that Dusty often says things that are incredibly wrong and then he backs them up with his game day decisions.

He deserves to be picked apart and I just wish we had a better media here in Cincinnati.

bucksfan2
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
It gets old when a manager says things that are wrong all of the time too. It is his job to know these players inside and out. If a fan knows it, then he should know it. I don't know why that is some standard he shouldn't be held to.

Dusty has had the chance to use Marshall 3 times in a row how many times? If he would try it in the spring he would have been called on the carpet my many of the same people who are saying that his stats are wrong.

I think its funny that you think you know more about Sean Marshall than Dusty or the Reds organization does. Its laughable at best and ridiculous when you think about it. But hey lets get the pitch forks a week before opening day!

jojo
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM

Presumably he wouldn't be contemplating not using Marshall 3 consecutuve days unless he had reason to believe such usage makes Marshall less effective?

I'm curious about the rationale behind such a belief.

westofyou
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
How did he pitch after the three consecutive days. That would be the concern.

He never pitched more than 1 inning from my quick glance, he "shudder" give up run once

He did it 3 times last year and 4 times the year prior, all really spaced apart

As for the beating on Dusty for that quote it expected, twenty five players, 2 leagues, thirty plus teams, mics and notepads pointed at him all day in the spring. If he didn't commit a gaffe or emote a half truth now and then I'd think he was a robot

redsmetz
03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
He never pitched more than 1 inning from my quick glance, he "shudder" give up run once

As for the beating on Dusty for that quote it expected, twenty five players, 2 leagues, thirty plus teams, mics and notepads pointed at him all day in the spring. If he didn't commit a gaffe or emote a half truth now and then I'd think he was a robot

I think this is partly why Baker is coming off occasionally as testy with writers because suddenly everyone's an expert and everything's being thrown up there, day in and day out. I did see a quote from him something along the lines of "you all are asking me questions that we just can't answer yet" in conjunction with who will close. That seemed a fairly honest answer.

I fear it's going to be a long season because some seem to want to nail Dusty for just breathing. No one's perfect, but I think we're straining at gnats right now.

Mario-Rijo
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Kinda presumptive don't ya think? The guy didn't expound on what the result would be if he did pitch him 3 days in a row.

brad1176
03-29-2012, 12:00 PM
While Dusty tries my patience, I think back to other managers that the Reds have had.

The thing is, the manager is very easy to pick on. We don't always know what's going on behind the scenes. I remember when Corey Patterson was being ran out there everyday and I, along with everyone else, was screaming WHY. Dusty finally commented the reason was that they were trying to trade Patterson and was trying to get his value up.

I don't always agree with what Dusty does, but people will never be happy with any manager that goes out there.

CySeymour
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
I fear it's going to be a long season because some seem to want to nail Dusty for just breathing. No one's perfect, but I think we're straining at gnats right now.

You're probably right, metz. It's been a somewhat uneventful spring, outside of Madson's injury, so now there is something to discuss/complain about, us armchair managers are crawling out of the woodwork to do so.

That being said, Dusty does have a knack for coming up with facts that don't seem to be true, then gets very thin skinned when asked about it. Not saying his job is easy or dealing with all the questions is fun for him, but he did sign up for it.

jojo
03-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Is this really fair?

Closer was settled. Now due to injury a major strength has become an uncertainty. Certainly, the answer to this problem is a significant thing given modern bullpen usage. Certainly Dusty's thought process takes on more importance given this has become an unexpected issue. It's not poking at minutia to suddenly be interested in Dusty's rationale for a potential decision. This has the potential to significantly effect how the staff is managed.

I'd think it a strange lack of curiosty for a Reds fan to not be paying attention to this.

lollipopcurve
03-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Agree with jojo here. The vacancy at closer throws into sharp relief Baker's approach to managing that role. Can the Reds, given Baker's desire to have one and only one closer, jigger their roster, via trade, to accommodate his preference? Or, can Baker adjust his approach, if the team does not furnish him with a "proven closer"? Who should do what? Interesting and important questions for us Reds fans -- no doubt the impact on the team will be significant, at way more than the gnat-level.

I guess I question whether some posters feel Baker has any weaknesses.

westofyou
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Agree with jojo here. The vacancy at closer throws into sharp relief Baker's approach to managing that role. Can the Reds, given Baker's desire to have one and only one closer, jigger their roster, via trade, to accommodate his preference? Or, can Baker adjust his approach, if the team does not furnish him with a "proven closer"? Who should do what? Interesting and important questions for us Reds fans -- no doubt the impact on the team will be significant, at way more than the gnat-level.

I guess I question whether some posters feel Baker has any weaknesses.

Agreed, it's out of his comfort zone for sure, managing the BP is one of the hardest aspects of today's game and definitely is not the domain of those who refuse to gravitate from previous stances. It's tenuous at best, and lord hope that he look to his pitching coaches for guidance, but even that filtered through him as the conduit will be a healthy target to aim at

Nature of the game

camisadelgolf
03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Okay, so on the third day of three consecutive days, Sean Marshall pitches well. Big deal. How does he pitch after that? Isn't that the real question? (Well, as edabbs44 pointed out, not really.)

VR
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM

Yeah, I took a look as well....there certainly wasn't a fall off in his numbers or extended days off immediately following. I agree with the comment someone made earlier.....I wouldn't want any reliever pitching 3 days in a row.

redsmetz
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Is this really fair?

Closer was settled. Now due to injury a major strength has become an uncertainty. Certainly, the answer to this problem is a significant thing given modern bullpen usage. Certainly Dusty's thought process takes on more importance given this has become an unexpected issue. It's not poking at minutia to suddenly be interested in Dusty's rationale for a potential decision. This has the potential to significantly effect how the staff is managed.

I'd think it a strange lack of curiosty for a Reds fan to not be paying attention to this.

I think my statement is fair. The points you bring up and that others have brought up throughout the thread spell out where honest points of discussion (and interest) are. But I don't think that's what the OP was getting at. This was just another chance to ridicule Baker over an incorrect statement that was easily verifiable.

That's what I'm saying is going to be tedious this season. Taking the proverbial small sample size (what was it, six times in the last two seasons that Marshall pitched 3 days in a row) and blowing it up especially in a manner that doesn't get to the meat you have.

It feels as if some posters have just decided to wage all out war on him being our manager. Therein lies my beef. It strikes me as gratuitous and not really advancing any sort of meaningful discuss of the problem at hand. Just my opinion.

RedsManRick
03-29-2012, 03:05 PM
I think it's less about the facts of how well Marshall pitches in 3 straight days that is the reveal of Dusty's apparent willingness to be a slave to the save stat.

That is, if a guy can't pitch 3 days in a row, Dusty doesn't want him to be the closer. What that suggests to me is that Dusty would rather have an inferior pitcher closing games in the 90% of the time it's not 3 days in a row because he's worried that there might be 4 or 5 times over the course of the year where he'd have to call on somebody else to finish things up.

Would it be that horrible if Marshall could only be used to close 90% of the games and you had to have Masset or Arredondo or somebody handle the occasional situation where we had three save situations in a row? It's backwards thinking in my mind.

As we've seen before, Dusty manages in a way so as to avoid rare circumstances that might make guys uncomfortable -- even if it means a sub-optimal approach most of the rest of the time.

REDREAD
03-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe since the Reds have a 4 year commitment with Marshall, Dusty was told not to pitch him 3 days in a row?

Or maybe Dusty wants to leave the closer job open now, in case someone other than Marshall steps up. Maybe Dusty thinks that the best reliever in the bullpen is better suited for high leverage situations instead of getting 3 outs in the 9th?

It's worth noting the contradiction.. but I don't think it means Dusty is incompetent or a liar. Perhaps the question caught him off guard and it was an honest mistake.

camisadelgolf
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
For the record, it has been reported that Dusty is leaning toward a closer by committee. If someone sets himself apart from the competition, I'm sure he'll get the bulk of the opportunities, but at least give him credit for not (yet) saying, "_______ is our closer, and we're standing by him," regardless of the performance as closer.

_Sir_Charles_
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
It's worth noting the contradiction.. but I don't think it means Dusty is incompetent or a liar. Perhaps the question caught him off guard and it was an honest mistake.

I don't see a mistake at all. I see him stating the facts. Period. He didn't say a single word that wasn't true. Not one. He said that someone told him that Marshall shouldn't go 3 days in a row (or something to that effect). He never said he couldn't do it or that he shouldn't do it. Just that somebody TOLD him that.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

defender
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I think it's less about the facts of how well As we've seen before, Dusty manages in a way so as to avoid rare circumstances that might make guys uncomfortable -- even if it means a sub-optimal approach most of the rest of the time.

Yes. That is what a player manager does.

I think people are making 2 assumptions:

1) Since Baker does not understand advanced statistics he does not realize he is not using players the most 100% efficient way.

2) Instances when Bakers actions make a difference to the players are few, compared to instances of inefficient use.

When Baker talks, he is not talking as a strategy mangager, but a player manager. This statement is not coming from the guy trying to use Sean Marshall's skills most efficeintly, but the guy who manages Sean Marshall.

bucksfan2
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I think it's less about the facts of how well Marshall pitches in 3 straight days that is the reveal of Dusty's apparent willingness to be a slave to the save stat.

That is, if a guy can't pitch 3 days in a row, Dusty doesn't want him to be the closer. What that suggests to me is that Dusty would rather have an inferior pitcher closing games in the 90% of the time it's not 3 days in a row because he's worried that there might be 4 or 5 times over the course of the year where he'd have to call on somebody else to finish things up.

Would it be that horrible if Marshall could only be used to close 90% of the games and you had to have Masset or Arredondo or somebody handle the occasional situation where we had three save situations in a row? It's backwards thinking in my mind.

As we've seen before, Dusty manages in a way so as to avoid rare circumstances that might make guys uncomfortable -- even if it means a sub-optimal approach most of the rest of the time.

I don't think Dusty is a slave to the save stat. Have any teams with a good closer really used a closer by committee? Most of the time when you hear "closer by committee" it means that you don't have a closer, or your closer stinks.

During Dusty's tenure he stuck with Cordero in the closers role because he thought Cordero gave them the best chance to succeed. In reality the other options were Masset and Chapman, both of which had games in which they couldn't find home plate. Having a lock down closer is a luxury most managers would want. Over the past 4 years with Cordero have the Reds really been in a situation where a closer was needed 3-4-5 days in a row? Maybe that speaks to Cordero racking up saves while others not be given a chance. You could also make the argument that Cordero was healthy during his Reds career and there wasn't a need for someone else to close games on occasion.

But as is many people are judging Dusty based upon what they think he is going to do in regards to Marshall. Lets at least let him screw up with Marshall before we start blaming him in advance for it.

Patrick Bateman
03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Is it possible that it was just meant as in, that the Reds upper management doesn't want to risk getting Marshall injured since he is signed for 4 years, rather than madson who was on a 1 year deal?

camisadelgolf
03-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Is it possible that it was just meant as in, that the Reds upper management doesn't want to risk getting Marshall injured since he is signed for 4 years, rather than madson who was on a 1 year deal?
That's what I took it to mean. And with Madson gone, I think they'd like to be especially cautious.

lollipopcurve
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
It should be noted that Marshall has been close to the NL league leader in appearances in at least 2 of the last 3 years. The Reds would be wise to avoid having that happen again in 2012. Guy throws a nasty hard curveball, and I have to think that wears on the arm over time.

dougdirt
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Dusty has had the chance to use Marshall 3 times in a row how many times? If he would try it in the spring he would have been called on the carpet my many of the same people who are saying that his stats are wrong.

I think its funny that you think you know more about Sean Marshall than Dusty or the Reds organization does. Its laughable at best and ridiculous when you think about it. But hey lets get the pitch forks a week before opening day!

So the big league manager can only know about a player after watching and testing out his theories on what he can and can't do? This is 2012, not 1930. We have the ability to go download every pitch/game a guy has thrown in about 5 minutes (when I say we, I mean the teams).

You are right, I don't want him out there throwing Marshall three days in a row in the spring (and I would like to avoid it in the season too). That has nothing to do with Dusty not knowing that he can't do it though.

Sorry, if his job is to know his players, then he should indeed know his players and knowing them goes beyond only going off of what you see on the field under your management.

I don't doubt that the Reds front office knows more about Marshall than I do. I do often wonder if Dusty knows much beyond what he sees on the field though. He is all too often quoted saying something that simply isn't close to accurate about his own players.

RedsManRick
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't think Dusty is a slave to the save stat. Have any teams with a good closer really used a closer by committee? Most of the time when you hear "closer by committee" it means that you don't have a closer, or your closer stinks.

During Dusty's tenure he stuck with Cordero in the closers role because he thought Cordero gave them the best chance to succeed. In reality the other options were Masset and Chapman, both of which had games in which they couldn't find home plate. Having a lock down closer is a luxury most managers would want. Over the past 4 years with Cordero have the Reds really been in a situation where a closer was needed 3-4-5 days in a row? Maybe that speaks to Cordero racking up saves while others not be given a chance. You could also make the argument that Cordero was healthy during his Reds career and there wasn't a need for someone else to close games on occasion.

But as is many people are judging Dusty based upon what they think he is going to do in regards to Marshall. Lets at least let him screw up with Marshall before we start blaming him in advance for it.

There's room between only using 1 guy in every single save situation and going with a closer by committee. I have no problem with having a dedicated closer. I have a problem with using a guy for a third or fourth consecutive day simply because he's the closer when you have fresh arms in the pen ready to go. And on the flip side of that, I don't like the idea of not making a guy your closer (who you otherwise would) because you might have to use him for 3 days in a row.

In a season where Cordero got 37 of the Reds 39 saves, here are the times he went 3 days in a row

May 6-8, May 13-16 (4 days), July 8-10, Aug 10-12, Sept 25-27

The May 13-16 stretch was interesting. Cordero pitched 3 days in a row the week prior and then had 4 days off. Then:

May 13th: Arroyo went 6; Bray and Leake combined for the 7th. Reds down 1 after scoring 2 in the bottom of the 7th. Masset pitches a clean 8th. Reds don't score. Masset pitches a clean 9th. Reds score in the bottom of the 9th. Extra innings. Cordero comes in. Gives up a single and a walk but gets but gets out unscathed (24 pitches). Reds win in the bottom of the 10th.
Relievers (Batters): Bray (2), Leake (4), Masset (7), Cordero (5). No save.

May 14th: Cueto pitches in to the 8th with the Reds up 5-0. He gives up 3 runs. Ondrusek comes in to get the 3rd out. Reds score twice in the bottom of the 8th to take a 7-3 lead. Cordero pitches a clean 9th (9 pitches).
Relievers (Batters): Ondrusek (2), Cordero (3). No save.

May 15th: Reds rock Chris Carpenter and Travis Wood goes 6 strong. Ondrusek pitches a solid 7th and the Reds finish off Carpenter, extending the lead to 8-2. In the 8th Arredondo goes 3 up, down and the Reds add an insurance run - 9-2. In the 9th, Chapman comes in and can't find home plate. 5 batters faced, 4 walks and a fly out -- 9-3. Masset comes in and gives up a bases clearing double to Ryan Theriot -- 9-6. Now it's a save situation. Cordero comes in and gives up a double to Nick Punto -- 9-7. He hits Pujols. He then gets Holliday to ground out and Ks Berkman for the save. (13 pitches)
Relievers (Batters): Ondrusek (3), Arredondo (3), Chapman (5), Masset (1), Cordero (4). Save.

May 16th: Bailey gives 2 in the 5th and 2 in 6th (3 ER). Reds offense lights up Big Z and company for 7 in the bottom of the 6th and take a 7-4 lead. LeCure and Bray hold down the fort, as do the Cubs relievers. 7-4 in the 9th. Cordero comes in and gets a clean save against the terrifying trio of Blake DeWitt, Kosuke Fukudome and Darwin Barney.
Relievers (Batters): LeCure (6), Bray (2), Cordero SV (3). Save.

We can't really say that Dusty brought Cordero in on the 15th just because it was save opportunity. I'm sure he was trying to avert a meltdown and didn't want to risk leaving Masset in and having him blow it. I probably would have kept Masset in, but I understand going to Cordero for psychological reasons. IIRC, that game caused a lot of buzz here on RZ.

On the 16th, the Reds were up 3 and the Cubs had a PH and the 1 & 2 hitters coming up. Let's look at the options:
- Leake and LeCure were long/middle relief and likely not considered at all.
- Bray was treated as a LOOGY; not considered.
- Chapman had just fallen apart; not considered.
- Ondrusek had pitched in the 2 prior games. Probably not available, but could have been.
- Masset was coming off a day off and a game where he faced 1 batter.
- Cordero had gone in each of the prior 3 games.

Bray and Chapman were the only guys who didn't make sense at all. If Dusty wanted to avoid a 4th straight outing, he had options.

My point is this: The Reds closer was asked to go 3+ days in a row 5 times last year. Dusty has said that he's wary of using Marshall as the closer because he's not sure he can go 3 days in a row. That means that for 5 games, somebody else would have to pitch. Cordero made 68 appearances last year. If you think Marshall is the best guy for the job based on his stuff/demeanor, are those 5 games justification if it weakens you in the other 63?

traderumor
03-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow, just wow, the microscope on this statement is just some serious overanalyzing. Let the games begin. Then EVERYTHING can be Dusty's fault, at least in the losses, oh and in the near losses too.

Regarding the "Dusty's perfect" comment, no way, just a lot of unnecessary nitpicking creates a lot of noise that makes his opponents look like bashers.