PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays: 3/31

chicoruiz
03-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Reds:

Tracy Jones (51) -There are probably people reading this who derive pleasure from listening to Tracy, so I'll refrain from expressing my opinion...

Others:

Jeff Mathis (29) -One study named Mathis's 2011 as the third-worst offensive season by a catcher since 1920. Despite this, Toronto traded another player to get him. I know he's a good defensive catcher, but dang...

Dave Koslo -Big, bearlike pitcher who started game 1 of the 1951 World Series for the Giants. Surrendered Jackie Robinson's first major league homer. His 1955 was probably the worst season ever for a pitcher; he faced only one batter and surrendered a walk-off home run.

Marv Grissom -an All-Star in 1954; his brother Lee also pitched in the bigs. Better known as a pitching coach; he was the first one in Angels history.

Jeff Pfeffer -Okay, stay with me on this...there were two brothers who pitched in the majors; both were known as "Jeff Pfeffer". This one was differentiated by being called "Big" Jeff Pfeffer, although he was two inches shorter than his brother. Big Jeff was the lesser of the two Pfeffers pitching-wise as well, although he did hand Grover Cleveland Alexander his first defeat.

Sea Ray
03-31-2012, 10:28 AM
And my Dad...:)

Bob Borkowski
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
And my Dad...:)

Hey, Happy Birthday, Sea Ray's dad!! :beerme: