PDA

View Full Version : Any Buzztime Trivia fans around?

Spitball
04-02-2012, 12:53 PM
My wife and I have been playing Buzztime Trivia about once a week for a couple of months now. It is usually set up on a television or two in sport bars or restaurants. On the overall leaders board, I can see there a players all over the country. Anyone else play?

Puffy
04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
All the time. If you ever see Puffy up on leaders board that is indeed me.

*BaseClogger*
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I find the questions to always be anything but relevant...

Spitball
04-02-2012, 09:01 PM
All the time. If you ever see Puffy up on leaders board that is indeed me.

I will check next time. I was in tonight but became involved in a discussion and didn't play.

Spitball
04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I find the questions to always be anything but relevant...

Haha! I think that is why they call it trivia.

gilpdawg
04-03-2012, 03:06 AM
I play sometimes but it's not very popular at my watering hole of choice. I don't like to play by myself so I don't get to play much. I rock that music trivia game they have on Saturdays.

Yachtzee
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I used to play all the time up until around 8-10 years ago. Got #1 in the country a few times and would finish on the national leaderboards on a regular basis. I stopped playing after having kids and not having time to hang out in bars anymore. A lot of the top players are actually teams working together under one handle. There was a team at the Damon's near me that had a couple university professors, a doctor, a financial analyst and some other folks who I don't remember what they did. They asked me to join, but I just prefer playing solo. I think when you create some superteam, it takes the fun out of it.

Man, if I could find a career where I could make use of all the trivial knowledge I have stored up, I could make a fortune. Unfortunately, my wife would prefer it if I could just remember to take out the garbage.