Rolen
Bruce
Ludwick
Stubbs
Hanigan
Cueto

savafan
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I hope Rolen batting clean-up is not a season long plan.

mattfeet
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Frazier sent down to AAA to play 3rd. That's rough.

lollipopcurve
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
If Frazier's the heir apparent at 3rd, I like him playing there everyday in AAA. He never got a chance to settle in at a spot, and he didn't look all that great at 3rd last year. He needs the work -- it'll help him and the Reds in the long run.

*BaseClogger*
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
If Frazier's the heir apparent at 3rd, I like him playing there everyday in AAA. He never got a chance to settle in at a spot, and he didn't look all that great at 3rd last year. He needs the work -- it'll help him and the Reds in the long run.

Yeah, people get waaay to caught up in the quality of the bench. It really doesn't have a significant impact until it is time to replace injured/ineffective starters, in which case Frazier can just be promoted...

Caveat Emperor
04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
My hope is that Ludwick starts off hot and prevents us from enduring long stretches of Chris Heisey as a starter.

Vottomatic
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Phillips
Cozart
Votto
Rolen
Bruce
Ludwick
Stubbs
Hanigan
Cueto

Yeah, cause the SS always bats 2nd.

Nah, I'll cut Dusty a break since Cozart tore up Spring Training. :thumbup:

_Sir_Charles_
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Wow. That's surprising. I feel bad for Todd. He had to be on cloud 9 when he heard he made the club only to be shoved off and plummet back to earth.

KronoRed
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
One thing about Baker, he is consistent.

TOBTTReds
04-04-2012, 06:39 PM

But that's not WHY he was sent down. They needed another arm. He'll be up shortly I assume.

HokieRed
04-04-2012, 06:43 PM
But that's not WHY he was sent down. They needed another arm. He'll be up shortly I assume.

Not so sure, unless there's an injury. Who's he displace? Harris is on the club because we need another left-handed hitter; that's not going to change. Valdez is on the club because he's a legitimate SS; also not going to change. Frazier could be a long time in AAA.

*BaseClogger*
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Not so sure, unless there's an injury. Who's he displace? Harris is on the club because we need another left-handed hitter; that's not going to change. Valdez is on the club because he's a legitimate SS; also not going to change. Frazier could be a long time in AAA.

When Rolen goes on the DL? We don't really need him until then anyways...

LegallyMinded
04-04-2012, 07:35 PM

No no, he was sent down expressly because of this (http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/take-a-look-at-todd-frazier/) article. To wit:

Juan Francisco is in Atlanta. Paul Janish is headed to Louisville. That means Todd Frazier has made the Cincinnati Reds.

Nothing like a rock solid solid prediction to draw down the ire of the baseball Gods on a sportswriter.