PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hidden stat of the day

UCBrownsfan
04-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Brandon Phillips saw 33 pitches, great first AB to start the game too.

texasdave
04-06-2012, 11:15 AM
My favorite bit of trivia is that the Reds have now scored in 59 consecutive Opening Days. The last time they were shutout on OD was back in 1953. I was born in 1954. Coincidence? I think not. So the Reds have never been shut out on Opening Day as long as I have been alive. The Major League record is 62 years. So the Reds should tie that mark in 2015 and set a new ML record in 2016. It is always good to set ML records. It really is pretty amazing if you think about it because on OD you are generally facing the other team's Ace or #1 or best starter, whichever term you like best.

malcontent
04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Brandon Phillips saw 33 pitches, great first AB to start the game too.
Good catch.

I've been against resigning Phillips due to the post-Votto payroll hit and the impending arrivals of Gregorius and Hamilton (and potentially Rodriguez), but he does bring a lot to the table.

RedsBrick
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
My favorite hidden stat of the day is that the Reds broke up two potential DPs in the first two innings.

BP did it in the first inning with a good, hard slide. So instead of two out and nobody aboard there's one out and one on....Reds score in the inning!

I hope BP is a career Red!

DGullett35
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
And to think some on this board think Phillips doesnt have a good bat:). I hope they resign him. He does bring alot to the table and Im an advocate of keeping your best players. We dont want to be like the Indians and have these guys until there All-Stars only to trade them to the Red-Sox and Yankees. I can name like 2 full All-Star teams the Tribe has traded away. Thats crazy

tedies
04-07-2012, 02:18 AM
he has gotten better in the last few years at taking pitches.. I remember he used to swing at stuff 3 feet outside and in the dirt. You can still tell he wants to swing at every pitch thrown but he has learned how to resist the cr@p pitches