PDA

View Full Version : Around the League

improbus
04-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Some observations:
Good to see Santana and Strasbourg start well.

Not so happy to see Lohse and Dempster doing well. Oh well....

Can anyone explain Bartolo Colon throwing 8 innings and giving up 3 hits?

Oh, and Gomes went yard. I only want good things for him.

Magdal
04-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, Dempster gave up a hit on his 1st pitch of the season and I can imagine the groan from the Cub's faithfull. Then he shuts them down cold 'till the 7th, hitless.

Kerry Wood & Co. come in and blow the slim lead. Some things never change.

Lohse, JC and Dempster were great...I wonder who's starting for the Brews today?

Big Red Hoss
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
So far we have seen great pitching all around the league. I wouldn't put too much stock in that right away.

Magdal
04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
So far we have seen great pitching all around the league. I wouldn't put too much stock in that right away.Oh, I put no stock in it at all. Cueto, Dempster and Lohse ALL pitch a gem about once every 4 starts. The Brews pitcher will probably throw one tonite.

I wonder how Braun will look at the plate? He says he's an innocent man, so I guess he will still hit well.;)

DGullett35
04-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I love watching James Sheilds for some reason so I cant wait to see him today.

Volquez is still walking everyone in sight- Pads obviously thought what we thought about him at one time.

Kinda want to see the Queens debut tonight vs. the Royals

improbus
04-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Volquez can get away with more walks in SD because the ball almost never leaves the yard. You don't get burned as easily.

DGullett35
04-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Yea but he walked in 2 runs so I guess if you walk enough guys you can still get scorched. Walking in 2 runs is the same as giving up a 2 run shot. Just different ways to look at it.:)

However I do see his numbers being a little better pitching in Petco. Still tho hes a walk machine and some things dont change.

improbus
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Glad to see Dunn hovering on opening day. I really want to see him bounce back.

Swampturkey
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I wonder who's starting for the Brews today?

Gallardo. He didn't make it out of the 4th. Gave up 4 homers.

joshua
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Sabathia gave up a grand salami in the first inning to Pena. Always good to see Yankee pitchers getting rocked.

Cards dominating the Brewers right now.

improbus
04-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Not a good start for Yonder. 0 for 7 with 3 K's. I hope he starts killing the ball.

Assembly Hall
04-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Glad to see Dunn hovering on opening day. I really want to see him bounce back.

I see that homer put him in pretty elite company. Three-way tie for the most HR's on opening day. Ken Griffey, Jr. and Frank Robinson are the other two.

DGullett35
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Yea I seen that stat on ESPN. all three of them guys were former Reds. I wonder how many of those HR were in a Reds uniform?

I like watching R.A. Dickey pitch. The guys is pretty good for a knuckle baller, and hes pitching good again today vs. the Braves

CoCo got a save today in Cleveland..Am I the only one that wouldn't mind him in the bullpen as of right now after everything that has happened to the Reds pen?(Madson and Masset)...He wouldn't have to be the primary closer.

nux fan
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
francisco 0-4

Maker_84
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Nice to see the Indians struggle (although its early). Absolutely can't stand that franchise.

Ohayou
04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I have a friend who plays for the Indians, so it's a bittersweet relationship.

DGullett35
04-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Nice to see the Indians struggle (although its early). Absolutely can't stand that franchise.

I am right there with you. I HATE that organization. I think I hate them more than the Cards or Cubs. I live about an hour south of Cleveland so all I see are Indians fans and the Indians are plastered all over the radio. They have to be the most front running fans ever. They only root for the team when they win. I remember in the 90's they sold out every game for like 8 years in a row now they're lucky to get 20,000 in that ballkpark. I love it. And don't even get me started about Tom Hamilton, the guy cannot call a game to save his life. I hate his home run calls and every time someone strikes out he says "A swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwiiiinnngg and a missss." sorry but it annoys the heck outta me.

texasdave
04-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Coco giving the fans up in Toronto a taste. He comes in with a 4-run lead in the bottom of 14th and promptly gives up hits to 3 of the first 4 batters he faces, scoring one run and bringing the tying run to the plate. He wriggled out of danger though.

texasdave
04-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Greinke showing once again that he is the man.

improbus
04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Is it time for me to find a way to listen to WEEI in Boston to see how they are reacting to the Red Sox?

Ironman92
04-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Miguel Cabrera is good at hitting.