PDA

View Full Version : FS Ohio Complaint

traderumor
04-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Brief gripe. I meant to write a strongly worded letter to FS Ohio this winter about their out of town scoreboard, or lack thereof. It is hard for me to understand why FS Cincinnati productions do not give scores more than about twice a game.

But what type do I want? The annoying scroll of ESPN and MLB Network? Or scoreboard in the corner of the screen like TBS and Fox? No, I end up getting fixated, although it is nice if its one of those rare Reds' games not on TV and I'm watching another game. Or out of town in a hotel that doesn't carry FS Cincinnati.

I would be happy if they scrolled or cornered scores every other inning. But its gotta be more prominent, not just "oh by the way, there are other games going on in MLB today" approach currently employed.

What's your pleasure?

reds1869
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't like the scroll of ESPN and MLB Network. I prefer something along the lines of what CBS uses for the NCAA tournament.

The Voice of IH
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I would cringe if they put an out-of-town score bug on their production.

Just use the internet if you want to figure out what the scores are. Why does it have to take up space on the television? March Madness needs it because it helps you when deciding what game to watch.

LoganBuck
04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
If you have directv you can press the red button, and all the scores pop up.

traderumor
04-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't like the scroll of ESPN and MLB Network. I prefer something along the lines of what CBS uses for the NCAA tournament.me too

I would cringe if they put an out-of-town score bug on their production.

Just use the internet if you want to figure out what the scores are. Why does it have to take up space on the television? March Madness needs it because it helps you when deciding what game to watch.i'm an old man who would rather try to focus on something and glance at the scoreboard in the same place, sort of like having an out of town scoreboard at the game. I have a mobile device, if I want to follow a game, I'll use that. If I'm watching the Reds, I want to watch them and see the scores occasionally.

If you have directv you can press the red button, and all the scores pop up.don't have it (TWC), my mom does, that is nice

RANDY IN INDY
04-07-2012, 10:19 AM
me too

i'm an old man who would rather try to focus on something and glance at the scoreboard in the same place, sort of like having an out of town scoreboard at the game. I have a mobile device, if I want to follow a game, I'll use that. If I'm watching the Reds, I want to watch them and see the scores occasionally.

don't have it (TWC), my mom does, that is nice

Use your phone. Go to Sportacular.

Roy Tucker
04-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I like well-postioned and well-produced video that shows me the baseball action.

The less other stuff on the screen, the better. I'm OK with inobstrusive in-game info, but I get a little tired of seeing what Tiger is doing or NFL free agent signings or 5-star HS football signings.

Less is more.

cumberlandreds
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I think an occasional scroll once every three innings would be nice. But I don't need a constant one for baseball.

RBA
04-07-2012, 03:20 PM

:thumbup:

Sea Ray
04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I've never understood why the Reds network on FSN doesn't do more with out of town scores. I rarely see them on the screen. After a game they have a whole half hour to kill and they don't touch on other games at all. I don't need a steadt scroll, just update them every few innings and go into them in depth after the game. Other games I see on MLB Extra innings do more

Reds1
04-07-2012, 11:29 PM
:thumbup:

Love that button

04-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I have a That little white box on the bottom of the MLBNetwork screen is alwaya there. Once in a while I whitewash and keep it on another channel, but I find my way back there. My kids have it on even when they are out of the room. I prefer an uncluttered screen.

jhc2010
04-08-2012, 11:20 PM
After a game they have a whole half hour to kill and they don't touch on other games at all.The Indians postgame show on SportsTime Ohio not only gives the score of every MLB game, they show actual HIGHLIGHTS of many games.

cumberlandreds
04-09-2012, 08:23 AM

That is a great option. :thumbup: But I watch many times off the DVR. I will pause the game and do something else for a few minutes and then come back to it. You can't use the red button then.
I did notice yesterday they scrolled scores about three times during the game. Someone must be reading RedsZone. :)

Redsfan320
04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I think an occasional scroll once every three innings would be nice. But I don't need a constant one for baseball.

FTR, FSO does this. Watch the game tonight, you'll see it in the 3rd, then in the 6th.

membengal
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I would have preferred them to stop showing the Reds' score last night.

smith288
04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
You know what I hate? Trying to show my son how to set up as a catcher by watching the pros and I get cameras focused on a manager between pitches right before switching to the release to the batter. I HATE baseball productions.