PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Guillen said what?

texasdave
04-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen apologized on Saturday for telling a magazine that he loves Fidel Castro, a comment that prompted to team to issue a statement denouncing the Cuban dictator.

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/baseball/mlb/04/07/ozzie.guillen.fidel.castro.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a16&eref=sihp

The Operator
04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Can't imagine that going over well in Miami.

Assembly Hall
04-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Can't imagine that going over well in Miami.

That is an understatement!!!!!! You better win Ozzie, or the fans down there are gonna go Ricky Ricardo on ya.

SunDeck
04-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Can't imagine that goes over well in any part of the US, but Miami...what a moron.

DGullett35
04-08-2012, 08:04 PM
He needs to keep quiet and worry about baseball..The guy hurts himself more than all the managers combined, and I'm even throwing Bobby V into that group..They're off to a 1-3 start..They better start winning soon or that ballpark will be empty by June..eh probably not because they sold out every game before the season started but still

improbus
04-08-2012, 08:48 PM
First, with a title like "Ozzie said what?", I've learned that the answer could be anything. It could be about his religion Santeria, it could be about screaming obscenities nonstop, who knows. All I know is that he takes the pressure off his players and puts it on himself like a good soccer manager.

texasdave
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
First, with a title like "Ozzie said what?", I've learned that the answer could be anything. It could be about his religion Santeria, it could be about screaming obscenities nonstop, who knows. All I know is that he takes the pressure off his players and puts it on himself like a good soccer manager.

So you think this was a calculated move by Ozzie?

Boss-Hog
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
This is a baseball topic and is being discussed in the appropriate forum(s).