PDA

View Full Version : MLB Strike Zone channel

Reds Fanatic
04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
MLB is launching a new channel that will be on each Tuesday and Friday night starting tomorrow night. The Strike Zone channel will basically cut in with whip-around updates to all the games those nights starting at 7 PM.

So it is going to be available on Directv channel 719 and I believe Dish network is also carrying the channel as well. I am not sure if any other providers are carrying the channel or not.

For Directv I know it will be available as part of Extra Innnings and I am not sure but it may also be available as well if you subscribe to the Sports Pack package.

oregonred
04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
This would be cool, especially if if follows the NFL Red Zone model. The only way to watch all the out of market NFL games on Sunday afternoon.

cumberlandreds
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I saw this earlier today on another site. Looks good. I'll check it out.

MrCinatit
04-09-2012, 03:06 PM
On the surface, this sounds like a copy cat of MLB Tonight on the MLB channel...however, Tuesday and Friday nights are the nights the MLB channel shows single games in their entirety (I think), giving viewers the chance to look to another channel, where they can see the action in the rest of the league.

cumberlandreds
04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
On the surface, this sounds like a copy cat of MLB Tonight on the MLB channel...however, Tuesday and Friday nights are the nights the MLB channel shows single games in their entirety (I think), giving viewers the chance to look to another channel, where they can see the action in the rest of the league.

I thought about that later on in the day. Probably be basically the same.
Also I have DirecTv and 719 wasn't showing up yet in my guide. Anyone else see that channel yet?

Reds Fanatic
04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I thought about that later on in the day. Probably be basically the same.
Also I have DirecTv and 719 wasn't showing up yet in my guide. Anyone else see that channel yet?

Yes I see it in my guide. Now the channel is not on yet. It does not come on until 7 PM ET tonight and will just be on Tuesday and Friday nights but it is in the guide.

smith288
04-10-2012, 02:52 PM
So if I dont get Extra Innings, I wont get it?

cumberlandreds
04-10-2012, 02:56 PM

I was reading on DBSTalk.com that this may be an HD channel only. That's probably the reason I'm not seeing it. I don't have HD. I'll give them a call tonight and confirm. Maybe they will give me a discount this time for EI. They wouldn't earlier and I dropped EI until after the free preview. No need in paying the full amount until you have to.

smith288
04-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I have HD. Right now, when I slingbox in, I see a DirecTV logo. Usually see that on FSNCINHD too until the game starts though so who knows. Guess Ill find out

Reds Fanatic
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM

From what I have read I think it is available if you subscribe to Extra Innings or if you have the Sports Pack I think it is also available. If you have neither one of those you won't get it and it is a HD channel.

cumberlandreds
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I called DTV last night. It's HD only. So I won't see it.

smith288
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I checked it out last night and i was on my HD receiver. I didn't like what they did though. They would flip so fast between the AB and score updates it was nauseating.

At the time, it was mostly west coast games. But they would show a pitch or two then leave. Frustrating. NFL Redzone does a far better job.

JaxRed
04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I called DTV last night. It's HD only. So I won't see it.

But you do have color, right? :) Time to upgrade !!

cumberlandreds
04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
But you do have color, right? :) Time to upgrade !!

Color? Wow! What will they think of next. ;)

I'll probably get one in the next few months. We are just coming out of some debt and I don't want to go right back in it.

Gallen5862
04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
It looks like its on my time warner service. My sports channels out now but see it is now on my program guide.