PDA

View Full Version : Ian Kinsler Signs.......

wvreds
04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Ian Kinsler agreed to a 5yr $75 mil deal with a option for a sixth year with Texas. Does that mean it will be a harder deal to complete for BP? Or were they waiting until after Kinsler signed so they could make BP the highest paid 2B?????

Who Dey Time
04-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Ian Kinsler agreed to a 5yr $75 mil deal with a option for a sixth year with Texas. Does that mean it will be a harder deal to complete for BP? Or were they waiting until after Kinsler signed so they could make BP the highest paid 2B?????

Hard to say....if you believe the reports BP was pretty adamant about having a sixth year on the contract that was offered. Does Kinsler signing a 5-year deal set a precedent that the Reds can stick firm on. Having said that, however, the yearly average that Kinsler got is a bit higher than the Reds' offer. Might that turn into a sticking point?

swaisuc
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Ya, tough to say. Normally these things push other deals to happen more quickly, but I assume BP expects to get every bit as much as Kinsler (he should). I would say great news that Kinsler resigned, but possibly bad news on the total dollars.

S.Wells
04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
They overpaid, and I doubt BP gets
that much. My guess he signs tomorrow for 5 years 65 million with a 6th year option. Still more money than an aging 2b should make.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2