PDA

View Full Version : Manager Trade

EMAW
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Since everyone seems to hate Dusty and the Marlins fans hate Fidel Guillen why not make a swap? Seems like this would solve all the Reds problems and the Marlins would love to get rid of all things Ozzie.

tedies
04-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Anything is better than Dusty at this point

Cicero2.0
04-10-2012, 11:14 PM
We are stuck with him for the rest of this season unless we truly tank it. I would rather see the Reds win in spite of him than lose enough to get him fired.

That being said I can't stand the blank stare from the dug out as key moments in games pass him by.

Jr's Boy
04-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Let's not lose our heads so soon.But seeing Willie Harris hit lead off is tantamount to saying ''we have nothing''.Is Johnny Damon still around?

R_Webb18
04-10-2012, 11:22 PM
i could understand if you want a left hand bat up but why wilson v over todd f? is it b/c todd cant play ss? if so it not like zack c needs days off he's young. if some1 needed fill in 1 day im sure they would be fine. i just feel they should have the best players on team

EMAW
04-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Are roster moves made by the manager? GM does have a part in the makeup of this crew. If the offense continues to struggle, would not be shocked if Frazier is up sooner than later. As for Damon, what would he play? Terrible OF with no arm

DGullett35
04-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Id rather have Dusrty than Ozzie...Ozzie gets more attention than the team on the field which is sad. the Marlins could win 100 games this year and people would more than likely want to talk about Ozzie and his love for evil dictators.

1869's Original
04-11-2012, 01:22 AM
In all seriousness, what other options do they have @ manager? I think we all know that Dusty isn't the worst manager in baseball. In fact, he's decent when push comes to shove. Yet there has to be someone better. i don't believe that this team would invest nearly $300,000,000.00 in Votto and Phillips if they didn't have something else up their sleeve. They have made it clear that they want to win the Series, and be in contention for it every year. They have to know that Dusty isn't the guy to do it... Perhaps they sign someone who's out of baseball at the moment?

10xWSChamps
04-11-2012, 04:25 AM
In all seriousness, what other options do they have @ manager? I think we all know that Dusty isn't the worst manager in baseball. In fact, he's decent when push comes to shove. Yet there has to be someone better. i don't believe that this team would invest nearly $300,000,000.00 in Votto and Phillips if they didn't have something else up their sleeve. They have made it clear that they want to win the Series, and be in contention for it every year. They have to know that Dusty isn't the guy to do it... Perhaps they sign someone who's out of baseball at the moment?

I hear Jocketty knows this old manager that just retired...

Haha oh man, this board would be something to see if that happened!

swaisuc
04-11-2012, 08:56 AM

I'm starting to believe people hate Dusty more than LaRussa. Same craziness, less track record to justify it.

Girevik
04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm starting to believe people hate Dusty more than LaRussa. Same craziness, less track record to justify it.

I think people hate Dusty more than LaRussa AND Fidel Castro.

smixsell
04-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Let's not lose our heads so soon.But seeing Willie Harris hit lead off is tantamount to saying ''we have nothing''.Is Johnny Damon still around?
Agreed.

And BTW, what the heck is it with Crusty not wanting to bat Bruce cleanup AGAINST RIGHTIES????!!!!! I gues the mere POSSIBLITY that 2 lefties in a row in our order MIGHT lose the game for us by making us vulnerable to a lefty reliever outweights the CERTAINTY of Bruce protecting Votto better and producing better verses the RH starter throughout the first 5-6 innings? LOL! Uncle Crusty's faulty logic strikes again!

Krawhitham
04-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Anything is better than Dusty at this point

anything besides Ozzie

Krawhitham
04-11-2012, 09:18 PM

I would like it, BP might not :)

DocRed
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I would trade him for a department store mannequin.