PDA

View Full Version : VGA to HDMI / Component Video Converters

The Operator
04-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Has anyone had much success using these converters to display their computer screens on a flat-screen TV?

I'm considering buying a new TV soon, and the one I have my eye on does not have a PC input slot. I watch a lot of shows using my laptop connected right to the TV, so I need some way to be able to do that.

I know I've heard stories about converter boxes not working very well and possibly screwing up the image once it gets to the TV.

If anyone could provide some insight I would appreciate it a bunch.

code
04-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I have never used VGA to HDMI but I have done DVI to HDMI, You would just need one of those adapters for the VGA. (comes with most video cards)

I have this cord
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023101&p_id=2808&seq=1&format=2

Works great, I play the sound through my surround sound system hooked up to my computer

Monoprice is great place to get cords for that kind of stuff.

I tried one of the converters before (USB to HDMI) it worked well with just displaying desktop stuff but running videos it would delay.

klw
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Has anyone had much success using these converters to display their computer screens on a flat-screen TV?

I'm considering buying a new TV soon, and the one I have my eye on does not have a PC input slot. I watch a lot of shows using my laptop connected right to the TV, so I need some way to be able to do that.

I know I've heard stories about converter boxes not working very well and possibly screwing up the image once it gets to the TV.

If anyone could provide some insight I would appreciate it a bunch.
What outputs do you have on the computer? Can't you just do HDMI to HDMI?