PDA

View Full Version : I despise...

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I cannot stand the thought process regarding pitchers and the number of pitches they can throw. I dont know who started this crap, but it sucks, and now it is going to get worse because little leaguers have mandatory pitch counts because God forbid Little Johnny hurts his arm.

Oh, and I despise Dusty flipping Baker too. Dumb, dumb, dumb human being.

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Ok, so...wait a minute..Chapman WAS available?

Sir Luke
04-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I despise... Dusty haters. The same guy that resigned Votto and Phillips not to mention acquiring Latos finds Dusty to be worth a million or so a year so I can trust him as well. He is a player oriented coach, as we all should know by now. His baseball knowledge may not be flawless but people like Price being on the staff more than make up for it.
A plethora of arguments against him may exist but every poor decision and mistake on the field can't be blamed on the manager. He runs the club well and relates to players. He is a good guy to head our staff.
That being said, there are times I wish Walt would step in and try Heisey in center for a bit, but that's my only major complaint.

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
How could the three decisions tonight not be on him.

1. Pulling Arroyo when he did. This has been an issue for years.

2. Putting in Bray when Chapman was available

3. Putting in your hottest hitter to bunt?

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
4. Middle infield not at double play depth with two outs in the 13th.

EMAW
04-13-2012, 11:15 PM
I cannot stand the thought process regarding pitchers and the number of pitches they can throw. I dont know who started this crap, but it sucks, and now it is going to get worse because little leaguers have mandatory pitch counts because God forbid Little Johnny hurts his arm.

Oh, and I despise Dusty flipping Baker too. Dumb, dumb, dumb human being.

Why is Dusty dumb?
I continually hear people say this and there is no evidence that he does anything that 95% of managers would not do.
It's confusing, he follows the same logic as those managers that people worship, but he is dumb?

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 11:16 PM
I just listed four reasons, three of which other managers DO NOT do 95% of the time, i will give you the removing Bronson thing but that is it.

joshua
04-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Why is Dusty dumb?
I continually hear people say this and there is no evidence that he does anything that 95% of managers would not do.
It's confusing, he follows the same logic as those managers that people worship, but he is dumb?

Putting a guy in to pinch hit with a runner in scoring position. The batter is hitting .370 and has an OBP of over 400...and you tell him to bunt.

jhu1321
04-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Putting a guy in to pinch hit with a runner in scoring position. The batter is hitting .370 and has an OBP of over 400...and you tell him to bunt.

And putting him in over the starting player, Willy Harris, who has presumably bunted a time or two
In his career.

mrherd05
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Exactly....hours after saying he may pinch hit BP, and when he does play him he will bat him low in the order so he doesnt have to run...well...hummm...why not put BP into bunt Ludwick over then.

KySteveH
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
4. Middle infield not at double play depth with two outs in the 13th.

Double play depth with two outs? Even Dusty wouldn't do that.