PDA

View Full Version : W. Harris Lead off today. lol

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Way to go Dusty! For crying out loud shoot me now.

Birdman007
04-14-2012, 02:55 PM
With Phillips still out who else should do it? Harris' OBP was .351 last year (Phillips .354)... he's not the only bat struggling.

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Harris shouldnt even be on the team. And how about W.Valdez.

Ironman92
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I hope Harris has 2 bunt hits today and Dusty is fired on spot.....or demoted to team Daycare attendant.

Birdman007
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
The Wilson Valdez that went 0-6 yesterday and is a career .239 hitter? Yea, he's a much better option.

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
do you know anything about w. harris.

Valdez has more hits and is quicker and over all just has looked a lot better.

Go look up your stats before you come with mindless jibber jabber.

What w. harris career avg btw? cuz i know what it is.

I cant believe your trying to justify W. harris being on this team and for that matter Leading off. LMAO.

How about bring up todd frazier and lead him off.

Stray
04-14-2012, 03:26 PM
With BP out we have zero good options to lead off. Unless we moved Cozart who has seemed to benefit from hitting in front of Votto.

Heisey, Stubbs, Valdez, Harris...whatever. Just another out at the top of the lineup.

EMAW
04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Way to go Dusty! For crying out loud shoot me now.

Without Phillips, who would you select for the leadoff spot?
You ridicule but have no answers, great logic

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
read the thread. I named two better answers.

Stray
04-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Frazier or Valdez to leadoff? Come on now. I realize we have nothing but bad options at the moment, but lets not pretend one bad option is so much better than the next.

Todd Gack
04-14-2012, 03:41 PM

I cant believe your trying to justify W. harris being on this team and for that matter Leading off. LMAO.

Are we really arguing between Willie Harris and Wilson Valdez?

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Are we really arguing between Willie Harris and Wilson Valdez?

well i think not to many would argue when Todd frazier is brought up which one should be going.

W. Harris.

joshua
04-14-2012, 03:47 PM
This is a joke, right? Certainly Baker makes horrible decisions, but nothing this dumb, right? Guys? Anybody?

LaFlamaBlanca
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM

Wilson Valdez- Career .290 (.290!) OBP, .620 OPS
Willie Harris- .328 OBP, .676 OPS

Your "stats". :bang:

Ironman92
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
If everyone mentioned is an easy out....why not leading off Cozart, Votto 2nd, Bruce 3rd and stink up the bottom instead of the top.

Or bat Cozart 1st, Ludwig 2nd, Votto then Bruce. When Ludwig was very good he often was batting 2nd in front of Pujols.

Todd Gack
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
well i think not to many would argue when Todd frazier is brought up which one should be going.

W. Harris.

Have you seen Frazier's stats so far?

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 04:08 PM
The Wilson Valdez that went 0-6 yesterday and is a career .239 hitter? Yea, he's a much better option.

Wilson Valdez- Career .290 (.290!) OBP, .620 OPS
Willie Harris- .328 OBP, .676 OPS

Your "stats". :bang:

contradicting stats here.

And W. harris has been in the league 11 yrs. Most recently 2010 With the Nationals he bat .189 in 135 games played. He can hit dude. For sure. Your right. I dont know what i was thinking. :laugh:

Have you seen Frazier's stats so far?

Ive heard there nothing to brag about. However i also heard the kids morale is down since he was fully expecting to be on the team than Dustys project Willie harris came in.

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Not to mention everyone on the radio including marty Share the same sentiments that TODD FRAZIER SHOULD be up immediately and W. Harris needs to go. But what do those guys know.

Todd Gack
04-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Not to mention everyone on the radio including marty Share the same sentiments that TODD FRAZIER SHOULD be up immediately and W. Harris needs to go. But what do those guys know.

He might deserve to be up, but how can you dismiss his stats so far this year and not dismiss Stubbs/Rolen/etc? It's not like Frazier hit well last year with his amazing .727 OPS in 120 AB's.

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
im not talking about stubbs/rolen.

Im talking about W. harris should have never made the team. And being paid the absurd amount of $800,000 this year is ridiculous and undeserving.

And now to add insult to injury We get to watch W. Harris in the lead off spot today again. :thumbdown:

texasdave
04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Is Cairo hurt? Aside from the two starts replacing Rolen he has appeared in one game.

Nevermind. I see he is in the lineup as well.

dubc47834
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM

And W. harris has been in the league 11 yrs. Most recently 2010 With the Nationals he bat .189 in 135 games played. He can hit dude. For sure. Your right. I dont know what i was thinking. :laugh:

Ive heard there nothing to brag about. However i also heard the kids morale is down since he was fully expecting to be on the team than Dustys project Willie harris came in.

So, you want a headcase to bat leadoff!!! I thought we had that in Stubbs!!!!:lol:

bmwreds31
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
So, you want a headcase to bat leadoff!!! I thought we had that in Stubbs!!!!:lol:

apparently you dont get the point of this thread do you.

W. Harris is tuuurriible. Should not be on the team. And sure as heck should not be leading off.

But thanks for trying to be a smart guy. If you want to join the Willie Harris Band Wagon im pretty sure theres plenty of room left for you on that van. Might be a bit of a lonely ride. :laugh:

RedsfaninMT
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Pretty clear we need some wins badly. Folks are a tad testy on here today.

Cozart led off for the Bats, as I recall. Bat him leadoff. Would personally like to see Frazier up here despite his early struggles. And BP should have gone on the DL with how long he has been out.

texasdave
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM
If Brandon wasn't hurt, Willie Harris wouldn't be getting a lot of these at-bats. But what does that say about how weak the Reds' bench is? One starter out and Harris gets beaucoup ABs. Depth is not this team's strong point.

LaFlamaBlanca
04-14-2012, 05:17 PM

No, "most recently" he hit .246/.351/.317/.668 with the Mets last year. But I guess you can conveniently pick and choose what statistics you'd like to include in your arguments. And what exactly is contradicting? Wilson Valdez is a terrible, terrible baseball player. Willie Harris is slightly less bad.

Ironman92
04-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Arguing over these two players is making my eyes bleed.

takealeake
04-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe he confused his .001 with the 1 in the lineup number. Or thought it was an omen.

Tuff Nut
04-14-2012, 07:32 PM
If everyone mentioned is an easy out....why not leading off Cozart, Votto 2nd, Bruce 3rd and stink up the bottom instead of the top.

Or bat Cozart 1st, Ludwig 2nd, Votto then Bruce. When Ludwig was very good he often was batting 2nd in front of Pujols.
+1...If not DatDude, then this would be a nice way to start.:beerme: Something has to start clicking soon, all around. This 0 - whatever/game, with RISP, has been this teams hangup for 2+ years.

DocRed
04-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Duhhsty is a genius.

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Just a Update to how dumb dusty is and the people that were On the W. Harris Train Ride. I wonder if they have fell off yet considering.. .

W. Valdez>> .217

T. Frazier >>.333 With a double and a triple

W. Harris>> Most at bats of them all .077

So Dusty Was making the right decision in Leading off or even playing W. Harris. He definitely deserves a spot. :thumbdown:

Wheres this speedy 2nd baseman ive heard about in the minors. We should get him up here and give him a shot. I know its not the best idea to throw players to the wolves like that. But we cant just keep throwing the dumbest looking player ive seen in years out there. I swear i think i personally can hit better than him. Pay me 5% of W. Harris' salary i will pick up a bat.

tedies
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
When Cairo comes back this guy better be off the roster

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Wheres this speedy 2nd baseman ive heard about in the minors. We should get him up here and give him a shot. I know its not the best idea to throw players to the wolves like that. But we cant just keep throwing the dumbest looking player ive seen in years out there. I swear i think i personally can hit better than him. Pay me 5% of W. Harris' salary i will pick up a bat.

You talking about Billy Hamilton, I'm guessing? He's in high-A ball. Ever seen him play? Ever? Belive me when I say that he isn't a viable option just yet. Especially if you're trying to replace Harris with someone who, you know, makes contact. He's improved his walk and strikeout rates, but is more akin to Stubbs without the power at the moment than a potential boon for our bench.

Also, Harris is on our bench because he is a lefty. Hamilton is not. Not defending Willie, just saying Hamilton isn't the answer yet.

But you probably won't want to hear that since it's "dumb." It's been your treatment to anyone else with a dissenting opinion in this thread, even the ones who actually know things like who is in our system and who is left-handed.

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 04:21 PM
You talking about Billy Hamilton, I'm guessing? He's in high-A ball. Ever seen him play? Ever? Belive me when I say that he isn't a viable option just yet. Especially if you're trying to replace Harris with someone who, you know, makes contact. He's improved his walk and strikeout rates, but is more akin to Stubbs without the power at the moment than a potential boon for our bench.

Also, Harris is on our bench because he is a lefty. Hamilton is not. Not defending Willie, just saying Hamilton isn't the answer yet.

But you probably won't want to hear that since it's "dumb."

Um yeaahhh your right. I dont want to hear that because it is dumb!

So your telling me its ok W. Harris Is on this team Only because he's a lefty. And thats not dumb. He can keep batting .077 avg and stay on the team because we need a LH 2nd baseman on this team. And thats not dumb. Smartest thing ive heard today. :thumbup:

justincredible
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM

But you probably won't want to hear that since it's "dumb."

I agree that Hamilton isn't ready yet, but he's a switch hitter. Not sure what his splits are so he might not be great from the left side. Also, he's raking this year. Hitting .375 with 6 2B, 3 3B, 1 HR, 18 R, 10BB and a .467 OBP. Oh yeah, he has 16 SB in his 17 games.

takealeake
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM

When you're batting .077 does it really matter if you're batting left, right, or coming to the plate holding the bat between your legs?

Guy is horrible. He's another in the long line of "Dusty favs" with Patterson and Taveras because he's a "veteran" black guy with an alleged reputation for speed and defense and swinging away. Dusty loves guys that he can have flashbacks about his playing career about and he'll play them constantly. That's basically it.

justincredible
04-23-2012, 04:23 PM
And yes, Willie's handedness means nothing. The guy just isn't good.

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Um yeaahhh your right. I dont want to hear that because it is dumb!

So your telling me its ok W. Harris Is on this team Only because he's a lefty. And thats not dumb. He cant keep batting .077 avg and stay on the team because we need a LH 2nd baseman on this team. And thats not dumb. Smartest thing ive heard today. :thumbup:

Aw, you're feisty today aren't you? Not what I was saying at all. As I pointed out clearly: "Not defending Willie, just saying Hamilton isn't the answer yet."

All I'm saying that you calling for a prospect in A+ whose name and tendencies you don't even know to all of a sudden be our saving grace on the bench is, well, "dumb." And that it's ironic you would take this snarky know-it-all attitude on a message board where you are displaying your own ignorance in spades.

We do need a LH bat off the bench, though. Sorry, man. Not thrilled it's Harris, but honestly am not convinced he'll stay on the roster all season. Especially if he keeps performing like this. But when Francisco was traded, that all but punched Harris' ticket because there wasn't someone else on the roster who could step into the LH role on the bench.

Hope it's addressed, but if you're going to suggest improvements to the situation, actually suggest improvements to the situation.

justincredible
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
We do need a LH bat off the bench, though. Sorry, man.

But why? I would take any RH bat in AAA over Willie and the team would be better for it.

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
When you're batting .077 does it really matter if you're batting left, right, or coming to the plate holding the bat between your legs?

Guy is horrible. He's another in the long line of "Dusty favs" with Patterson and Taveras because he's a "veteran" black guy with an alleged reputation for speed and defense and swinging away. Dusty loves guys that he can have flashbacks about his playing career about and he'll play them constantly. That's basically it.

Again, don't dispute that. But who is your LHB option off the bench? Believe me, I'm in no way saying that Harris is going to be anything more than a replacement level guy on this team.

I just don't know where the lefty stick on the bench is going to come from.

I do agree with your Dusty comments about veterans, though. I like Valdez because he can backup short, but having him and Harris seems redundant other than the "handedness" argument. I personally do believe that for bench players, those splits are important in the course of a 162 game season. You are certainly entitled to disagree with that sentiment.

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
But why? I would take any RH bat in AAA over Willie and the team would be better for it.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but if your bench is literally full of nothing but RH hitters, it makes managing the opposing bullpen a lot easier. Don't have any hard data points to statistically illustrate that right now or time to research, but I really don't discout L/R splits in a game won on the margins.

Out of curiosity, because this is a good discussion, who from AAA would you rather have?

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Hope it's addressed, but if you're going to suggest improvements to the situation, actually suggest improvements to the situation.

You say your not defending willie But than you go to defend why he is on this team. Which is Completely hypocritical there chief.

However you miss my point. The Hamilton kid ive heard about through the grapevine and heard good things. It was a bit sarcastic. But to make it more sarcastic ....My g-ma could hit better than harris..... So i dont care who they bring up. Somebody that can hit a baseball or is at least young and up and coming. W. Harris is neither.

exactly

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but if your bench is literally full of nothing but RH hitters, it makes managing the opposing bullpen a lot easier. Don't have any hard data points to statistically illustrate that right now or time to research, but I really don't discout L/R splits in a game won on the margins.

Out of curiosity, because this is a good discussion, who from AAA would you rather have?

Probably the entire team. I could probably find a pitcher that could hit better. :laugh:

But if you insist me to go look. I have no doubt i can find multiples.

Bob Sheed
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Also, Harris is on our bench because he is a lefty.

I think Betty White is a lefty. Should we offer her a spot on the 25?

:lol:

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
You say your not defending willie But than you go to defend why he is on this team. Which is Completely hypocritical there chief.

I'm not defending Willie, but am defending why it would be stupid to bring Hamilton up in his place at this point in time - retarding his growth as a player in the minors and trying to force fit a switch-hitting infielder with RH tendencies into a spot on the bench best suited for a lefty. I don't like Harris and am not on his "bandwagon" or whatever you keep jeering people for in this thread who aren't crying and moaning like you. But yes, I can acknowledge the sequence of events that landed him on this team, whether I'm happy with them or not.

I see by your backpeddling and grandma comments, though, that all you really want to do is whine and throw a hissy fit without offering insight into how we could actually rectify this weakness on the team (and it is a weakness, no argument there).

Carry on, sorry to have interrupted you. :rolleyes:

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Probably the entire team. I could probably find a pitcher that could hit better. :laugh:

But if you insist me to go look. I have no doubt i can find multiples.

Alright, and when you're looking into short samples from guys at various levels of minor league play and learning some of their names for the first time, be sure to whitewash over their actual positional fit on the team and how having them ride the pine for a season is going to help those prospects develop into major league talent in the long run.

When Phillips is 100% healthy again and Cairo is back up, this is going to be so much less of an issue, it won't even warrant a thread. Heck, Harris may even be gone when they have to activate someone again. But it's cool man, we should totally stop giving a prospect everyday at-bats and reps at their position so they can be the 25th man on our 25-man roster based on knee-jerk reactions to two weeks of baseball in April.

takealeake
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
It's funny how many people have stated how 'deep' we are on the bench, but this is probably the worst collection of bench and supporting cast in the majors for a core like Votto, Bruce, and Phillips.

If guys like Harris and Valdez are you bench options, you know things are pretty crappy.

Hell, I rather have Corky Miller up as an emergency catcher so we can use either Hanigan or Mesoraco off the bench as a pinch hitter than have Harris on the friggin roster.

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
If guys like Harris and Valdez are you bench options, you know things are pretty crappy.

Hell, I rather have Corky Miller up as an emergency catcher so we can use either Hanigan or Mesoraco off the bench as a pinch hitter than have Harris on the friggin roster.

Do completely agree on that first point, sir. I'd extend that to say "depth" on the farms is a little thin after this offseason. Would be nice to have a switch hitting Yasmani Grandal back in the pipeline right about now. That said, not sure Corky brings you anything offensively that Harris does not. Which is saying a lot, haha.

(Huge Corky Miller fan, for the record)

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Alright, and when you're looking into short samples from guys at various levels of minor league play and learning some of their names for the first time, be sure to whitewash over their actual positional fit on the team and how having them ride the pine for a season is going to help those prospects develop into major league talent in the long run.

When Phillips is 100% healthy again and Cairo is back up, this is going to be so much less of an issue, it won't even warrant a thread. Heck, Harris may even be gone when they have to activate someone again. But it's cool man, we should totally stop giving a prospect everyday at-bats and reps at their position so they can be the 25th man on our 25-man roster based on knee-jerk reactions to two weeks of baseball in April.

Your killing me.

I completely forgot about Paul Janish. Yes he can bat better and is way better defensively than W. Harris. Orrr...C. valaika. W. Valdez can play 2nd when we need him too.

All better options. Thanks for playing today larkin88.

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
And to respond to Your comment about a young player needing seasoning and more at bats instead of riding the pine. Yes all true. However playing someone like W. harris batting .077, In other words when the MAJOR league teams back is up against the wall. When a single hit can determine a win or loss in a hopefully playoff season. Yeah The MLB team shouldnt give a rats behind about whether or not that young player gets enough at bats if he currently is already better than someone on your team.

texasdave
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Willie Harris is a better player than he has shown so far. How much better remains to be seen. That being said, he is eminently replaceable.

Larkin88
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
And to respond to Your comment about a young player needing seasoning and more at bats instead of riding the pine. Yes all true. However playing someone like W. harris batting .077, In other words when the MAJOR league teams back is up against the wall. When a single hit can determine a win or loss in a hopefully playoff season. Yeah The MLB team shouldnt give a rats behind about whether or not that young player gets enough at bats if he currently is already better than someone on your team.

Your killing me.

I completely forgot about Paul Janish. Yes he can bat better and is way better defensively than W. Harris. Orrr...C. valaika. W. Valdez can play 2nd when we need him too.

All better options. Thanks for playing today larkin88.

You want to bring Janish up, then go right ahead. Can't deny he's a hot hand in AAA right now. But then we'll just replace Harris with not one, but TWO soft-hitting backup shortstops (along with Valdez), neither of which helps us with lefty-righty splits either.

Speaking of Valdez, I'll give you that he could play 2nd (probably better than Janish in a pinch), which brings me back to my point about how I saw him and Harris as redundant pieces. You must have glossed over that when you were Googling who the Reds had in the farm system for the first time. Or similarly glossed over when I suggested Harris might be the odd man out when Cairo comes back in the very comment you just replied to.

You seem to be of the opinion that it's worth burning an option and upsetting the continuity of a prospect's development for a few weeks to fill a utility role where his at-bats would be very limited. (We all know Dusty and his veterans) And all this in April, when in a few short weeks, the Reds will have to take someone off the roster to reactivate Cairo and Harris may be gone anyway. I think we're going to have to agree to disgagree there, since historically, that hasn't worked out so hot.

All I'm saying is have a little patience. I don't think Harris will be a valuable contributor either, we seem to agree on that. But I also don't think he's going to hit below .100 this season. And if he does, a move absolutely will happen. That's wayyy beyond Wily Taveras/Corey Patterson/Edgar Renteria bad. But until this roster comes into better view, all I'm opining is that burning prospect options and making early panic moves that could upset your farm might not be very prudent in the long run. Especially for a guy that will be a platooner or in AAA anyways once BP is healthy and Cairo is back.

Things have looked ugly out of the gate for the team and that magnifies struggles that individuals are having. All you have to do is look at the numbers to make Harris an easy scapegoat, but I think there's a little more to it than that and I think time will ease your paranoia about him a bit.

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Well Harris is As bad as bad gets right now for major leaguer's. Its not just hitting. Its every aspect of the game.

However When you asked i had forgotten about Paul Janish. I must completely disagree about Your lefty right Split. Personally i dont think it matters much at all in small circumstances.

Im guessing but i doubt Janish career avg vs Lefties is less than .175 and that if it is say .175 thats still quite a bit better than W. harris.

not to mention Janish is way younger and deserves the shot at making an impact right now anyways. It shouldnt even had been a question.

Im betting Janish is pretty pissed off right now in AAA watching Both harris and valdez.

takealeake
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
At this point why even argue? Harris is no more than waiver wire fodder at this point. Even if you do subscribe to the theory that he's bats left, whats the difference between him and any player dumped by a team?

If someone remotely coherant becomes available, the Reds should pick him up, regardless of age over this guy.

bmwreds31
04-23-2012, 06:34 PM
At this point why even argue? Harris is no more than waiver wire fodder at this point. Even if you do subscribe to the theory that he's bats left, whats the difference between him and any player dumped by a team?

If someone remotely coherent becomes available, the Reds should pick him up, regardless of age over this guy.

well it pisses me off personally. Janish should be up, pretty much hands down. And should have been up 7 games ago. Why be so afraid to make a move.

$800k for harris also pisses me off.

Kingspoint
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Way to go Dusty! For crying out loud shoot me now.Dusty is a joke.

Ironman92
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Willie? We talkin about Willie? Willie? Willie? We talkin about Willie? We talkin about Willie. Not the game. Not the game we give our all to. Not the game we give our lives for. No, we talkin about Willie. We talkin about Willie. We talkin about Willie. SMH

DGullett35
04-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Stubbs could bat leadoff for a couple games. He's swingin well

as for Willie. If the Reds are going to play bad, they're going to play bad no matter what. Willie makes no difference. Latos, and Leake have to step up a bit, and guys like Votto, Bruce, and Rolen need to start driving in some runs. Votto needs protection. Thats whats wrong with our offense. I could care less if Willie leqads off 10-12 games this year. Having Votto walk half of his bats and noone to drive him in because our second best hitter is in front of even him is what this teams problem is. Its not Willie. he's just a blip on the radar, and heck even his 2 doubles this year are almost more that Rolen has done..Only 4 runs, and 3 rbi for our starting 3rd baseman. Cmon guys were talking about a utility inf. who only plays to give the occasional pinch hit or fill in for an injury..he dosen't mean that much to this teams underachieving play thus far IMO

bmwreds31
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Willie? We talkin about Willie? Willie? Willie? We talkin about Willie? We talkin about Willie. Not the game. Not the game we give our all to. Not the game we give our lives for. No, we talkin about Willie. We talkin about Willie. We talkin about Willie. SMH

lol i wish there was a like button on here

texasdave
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Stubbs could bat leadoff for a couple games. He's swingin well

as for Willie. If the Reds are going to play bad, they're going to play bad no matter what. Willie makes no difference. Latos, and Leake have to step up a bit, and guys like Votto, Bruce, and Rolen need to start driving in some runs. Votto needs protection. Thats whats wrong with our offense. I could care less if Willie leqads off 10-12 games this year. Having Votto walk half of his bats and noone to drive him in because our second best hitter is in front of even him is what this teams problem is. Its not Willie. he's just a blip on the radar, and heck even his 2 doubles this year are almost more that Rolen has done..Only 4 runs, and 3 rbi for our starting 3rd baseman. Cmon guys were talking about a utility inf. who only plays to give the occasional pinch hit or fill in for an injury..he dosen't mean that much to this teams underachieving play thus far IMO

I wonder how much the Braves or the Red Sox would have given for just one more win in 2011. Sure Willie Harris is not going to lead this team to the playoffs. But it is naive to think a utility infielder has no value. As long as they are going to allow a team to have 25 men on the roster, you might want to play your best 25. Especially if you have pushed all in or expect to be a serious contender for a spot in the playoffs. No offense but I have never understood the mentality that thinks along this line. That a player isn't going to play much so what the hell. Pick anybody.

jwmann2
04-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Harris leading off justifies giving Phillips millions on his new contract. Now it appears obvious.

Kingspoint
04-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Willie Harris is a better player than he has shown so far. How much better remains to be seen. That being said, he is eminently replaceable.yes. And Mike Brown is a better owner than he has shown so far. How much better remains to be seen.

Ironman92
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Willie has hit successfully in 1 straight at bat

bmwreds31
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah and once again whenever he is on the base path looks like a complete moron.

texasdave
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Maybe his horrific start has made him tentative and he didn't want to get thrown out on the base paths. Confidence is a big part of performing up to your capabilities and I would think at this point in time Willie Harris is a little bit rattled. I am just offering up a possibity here.

bmwreds31
04-25-2012, 02:14 PM
i really dont care if its mental. He shouldnt be figuring himself out up here. Bring up janish and give him a shot. He deserves it at this point over harris.

dubc47834
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah and once again whenever he is on the base path looks like a complete moron.

It doesn't matter, either way, you guys would be b!tching and moaning if he got thrown out. Stubbs the other day got thrown out and everyone on here went ballistic, now Harris doesn't go to 3rd because he thought he would get thrown out and people go ballistic. The run scored, Dusty said his peace, ordeal over in my eyes.

bmwreds31
04-25-2012, 04:35 PM
It doesn't matter, either way, you guys would be b!tching and moaning if he got thrown out. Stubbs the other day got thrown out and everyone on here went ballistic, now Harris doesn't go to 3rd because he thought he would get thrown out and people go ballistic. The run scored, Dusty said his peace, ordeal over in my eyes.

Its not the first time he has been dumbfounded on the base paths this year. And considering his lack of base path appearances this year. I would say it kind of does matter.

And if im recalling the stubbs thrown out at third. He was safe and it was a terrible call.

bmwreds31
04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
How about that at bat the other night with no outs and men on 2nd and 3rd. Dudes a balla.

bmwreds31
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM
For the love of god. Get him off this team already.

batting avg .097:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

bmwreds31
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Update 0-3 today witha SO now batting .088

OGB
05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
This front office is absolutely maddening. I didn't mind the Harris signing, but he proved in Spring training that he didn't deserve to be on this team and he has proven since that he has no place in this organization.

bmwreds31
05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
well at least dusty Pinch hit for him in the 10th. LAWL.

Whats that say...Hopefully it says harris will be gone VERY soon. I cant stand watching him.

bmwreds31
05-07-2012, 05:15 PM
DING DONGGGG HARRIS IS GONNEEEE!

Time to celebrate. !:beerme::beerme::beerme:

malcontent
05-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately, Frazier is now buried under the 67-year-old Rolen and the youthful 47-year-old Cairo on the 3B depth chart.

But that's preferable to keeping Harris.

The DARK
05-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, Frazier is now buried under the 67-year-old Rolen and the youthful 47-year-old Cairo on the 3B depth chart.

I bet Frazier sees a bunch of time around the diamond. Right now, we're at 4 outfielders unless he's considered one, so we'll see him around the corners of the outfield in addition to 3B. He also offers more power than Cairo or Valdez, so he's a better replacement for Votto or Phillips in situations where power is lacking.

Todd Gack
05-07-2012, 08:18 PM
I've never seen so many people excited to see the 25th man on the roster go away. I'm sure we'll continue our torrid hitting ways soon.

bmwreds31
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
i agree with you there^

Frazier off the bench in a PH situation will be so much better. At least he should get a few of those.