PDA

View Full Version : Bailey

jhu1321
04-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Is it me or does he look like a completely different (much worse) pitcher out of the stretch.

Ironman92
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM
He just doesn't have "it"

His stuff is there but it just doesn't matter. Him slowing down to glacier speed rarely works.

redsfanmia
04-14-2012, 05:05 PM
He throws hard but it looks straight as an arrow to me, I really think he needs to go to the bullpen and work as a set up man.

The Rage
04-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Is it me or does he look like a completely different (much worse) pitcher out of the stretch.

Nope, he just is struggling today. Much worse start than his first, when he had that rusty first inning that went wild but was pretty good after that. He just is struggling, ala Latos. 4 seamer ain't doing what he wants.

The first inning they went fishing.

The Rage
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
He throws hard but it looks straight as an arrow to me, I really think he needs to go to the bullpen and work as a set up man.

He isn't throwing that hard. Bailey doesn't get his movement from tail but from speed. It is why when he throws 94-98 he just turns into a different pitcher.

He actually is close today, which may be "hurting" him in the short range, but he definitely is not there yet.

redsfanmia
04-14-2012, 06:36 PM
He isn't throwing that hard. Bailey doesn't get his movement from tail but from speed. It is why when he throws 94-98 he just turns into a different pitcher.

He actually is close today, which may be "hurting" him in the short range, but he definitely is not there yet.

He was consistently 94 today.

DocRed
04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
He is a headcase to the Nth degree. Its a crime that he is starting ahead of Chapman.

redsfanmia
04-14-2012, 06:41 PM
The guys struggled through it today, I think he is a servicable pitcher.

GoReds19
04-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Bailey was the least or their problems today..... 2 hits, Harris leading off. Not gonna win a whole lot of games scoring 1 run.

dubc47834
04-15-2012, 07:20 AM
WTF....he throws 6 inning allows 3 runs and you guys are *****ing, some never fail to amaze me!!!!!

Ironman92
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
26 years old....never more than 9 wins and is rarely efficient with his pitches.

He was OK yesterday. He is starting over Chapman.

dubc47834
04-15-2012, 11:17 AM
26 years old....never more than 9 wins and is rarely efficient with his pitches.

He was OK yesterday. He is starting over Chapman.

He had a quality start yesterday and you're complaining......hilarious!!!!

Ironman92
04-15-2012, 11:27 AM
He had a quality start yesterday and you're complaining......hilarious!!!!

Oh....the quality start

Still never complained about his performance yesterday. 6 innings, 110 pitches 4.50 Era in Washington's park....he got it done!

Calten
04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
I would he agree that he was serviceable yesterday. He was just going to far into at bats (3-2 counts).

The Reds pitching has been middle of the road thus far. Not great, but good enough to win more than 3 ball games.

It's being exaserbated by the fact that they couldn't hit the ground if they fell out of a tree.

The hitting is the problem right now. Not so much the pitching.

joshua
04-15-2012, 12:59 PM
He didn't do all that bad all things considered. Defense bailed his ass out yesterday though. Looked like a solid bottom of the rotation starter to me. Some time with a real pitching coach could turn him into a beast, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

RedsfaninMT
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
He didn't do all that bad all things considered. Defense bailed his ass out yesterday though. Looked like a solid bottom of the rotation starter to me. Some time with a real pitching coach could turn him into a beast, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

It always seems like Homer beats himself. He goes out there, doesn't shake the catcher off, gives up a hit and suddenly starts second guessing himself. I've never seen a pitcher get rattled so easily in my life, and I don't think a new pitching coach would help much in that arena.

Goose
04-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Back to the original question, I've often wondered about a pitcher's splits between the windup and the stretch. I don't think I've ever seen stats showing that. Maybe it isn't Homer being a headcase, maybe he is not as comfortable or effective out of the stretch.

joshua
04-15-2012, 02:49 PM
It always seems like Homer beats himself. He goes out there, doesn't shake the catcher off, gives up a hit and suddenly starts second guessing himself. I've never seen a pitcher get rattled so easily in my life, and I don't think a new pitching coach would help much in that arena.

Volquez was the exact same. Wood was showing signs of it too before he left here.