PDA

View Full Version : Reds' pitching

texasdave
04-18-2012, 12:39 AM
After 11 games the staff ERA is 3.53. That should win a lot of games in 2012. The offense has to pick up. No way it stays this putrid all year. I think it is gonna be a fun summer. Yes, even despite the awful start.

Mutaman
04-18-2012, 12:45 AM
After 11 games the staff ERA is 3.53. That should win a lot of games in 2012. The offense has to pick up. No way it stays this putrid all year. I think it is gonna be a fun summer. Yes, even despite the awful start.

I was thinking the same thing. And pitching is the name of the game.

But if you look back on the last decade, as soon as we start hitting ----------

joshua
04-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Reds pitching has been absolutely great outside a few innings of Arroyo's first start, and an inning of Homer's first start. Defense helps with those numbers too.

I just don't understand these lineups. I think we can manufacture runs if we move Rolen to the bottom, put Ludwick at clean up and let Cozart lead off.

Cozart
Phillips
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Mes/Hanigan
Stubbs
Rolen
P

Or

Cozart
Heisey
Votto
Bruce
Phillips
Ludwick
Mes/Hanigan
Rolen
P

DGullett35
04-18-2012, 03:03 AM
This lineup will hit eventually. I agree our pitching has been stellar against some good teams so far and I too think this will be a fun summer

also looks like Simon will stay with the big club for a while longer. Masset was shut down due to tenderness, but isn't thought to be serious..Didn't they say the same thing about Madson?? This has got me worried...Man just think how good this bullpen could have been. I mean it is already good but jeesh it could have been shut down from top to bottom.

texasdave
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
This lineup will hit eventually. I agree our pitching has been stellar against some good teams so far and I too think this will be a fun summer

also looks like Simon will stay with the big club for a while longer. Masset was shut down due to tenderness, but isn't thought to be serious..Didn't they say the same thing about Madson?? This has got me worried...Man just think how good this bullpen could have been. I mean it is already good but jeesh it could have been shut down from top to bottom.

And I thought Masset was rested, ready and feeling fine. Great if you are looking to score on a date but horrible if you make your living throwing a baseball over 90 MPH. Three words. A little tenderness. Day to day turns into the 60-day DL.
Madson - gone for the year.
Masset - gone for who knows how long.
Bray - trying to pitch his way into shape while blowing ballgames.

It all starts with a little tenderness.

Stray
04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Pitching really has been solid. They've deserved a lot of wins our bats couldn't deliver.

Grouse
04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
After a lifetime of being a reds fan, Im saying that as soon as we start hitting the pitching will go into the tank.

Spazzrico
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
After a lifetime of being a reds fan, Im saying that as soon as we start hitting the pitching will go into the tank.

My thoughts exactly. This is why more than anything I hate seeing them wasting good pitching with the putrid offense. If they would just hitting OK, this team would seem a whole lot different.

texasdave
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

I have that same dreadful feeling. It comes from watching a decade's worth of putrid baseball.

thoughtpolice
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
The pitching has been pretty stellar.

The offense however will pick it up, but only when they bat our worst hitters lower in the lineup. Notice: Descalso batting 8th and Jay 7th in the Cards lineup. That would be Stubbs and Rolen for us. I know Catcher is always the 8th batter for the Reds, but let's see what Mez could do in the 4 hole and put Rolen in the 8 hole.

Ohayou
04-18-2012, 08:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/poll/conversation/_/id/137527

Anyone else surprised?